America under President Trump

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

See? This is what I mean about Americans switching their allegiance to Russia. And you're not even being paid for it. I wonder how many Republicans (besides Trump) are.

Russians matter more than Canadians....they pack a bigger punch.   So which American programming will you watch tonight ?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Russians matter more than Canadians....they pack a bigger punch.   So which American programming will you watch tonight ?

A sad day for NASA and America as long time space hero of mine and many others,  Astronaut John Young, passes.

He flew everything a Group II could..twice if possible.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah but no way I would give Putin/ Russia a pass. Surely they are looking after their own best interests. Home is where the heart is. it doesn't really matter what side of the pond you're sitting on. Your master, my master. We are all being deceived, in the grand scheme of things, but I do not give a crap. As long as I can have my beer and watch the hockey game.

Seriously though it is far better to reach out and find common ground, and work towards defeating our enemies. What galls me is when I see people fanatically attacking/ fearing Russia, while arguing that Donald Trump should shut up about Kim Jong Un, lest he make the little fat man get angry. The little fat man is already angry, and he has the Big Fuckin Gun. This is an issue of real concern, not the bullshit we are being fed/ distracted with.

I think the US is pretty confident that they can intercept anything Kim lobs their way. My impression.

The media is unaware...duh...that anti-ballistic missile technology is back in spades.

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Simpsons marathon...of course.

Many classics.

It's all good....playing the Russia domination card for the U.S. goes back to at least the 1950's in Canada...it was the only way some Canadians could deflect their utter dominance by those "American bastards".     So....Sputnik was real...moon landings were fake !   

RIP Captain John Young, USN

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's all good....playing the Russia domination card for the U.S. goes back to at least the 1950's in Canada...it was the only way some Canadians could deflect their utter dominance by those "American bastards".     So....Sputnik was real...moon landings were fake !   

RIP Captain John Young, USN

Different attitude in this neck of Canada being more DEW Line & Pine Tree Line connected from the 50s on. Canadians close to the US border saw little of the Cold War's trappings. Not to mention all the Lend Lease and Alcan Highway action during WW2. 

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Different attitude in this neck of Canada being more DEW Line & Pine Tree Line connected from the 50s on. Canadians close to the US border saw little of the Cold War's trappings. Not to mention all the Lend Lease and Alcan Highway action during WW2.

Makes sense....Pierre Trudeau used the same anti-American narrative for his party's own domestic objectives, despite lots of welcomed "domination".    This refrain is a chapter in any Canadian book on the topic, must keep those "American bastards" not too far...and not too close.  

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Makes sense....Pierre Trudeau used the same anti-American narrative for his party's own domestic objectives, despite lots of welcomed "domination".    This refrain is a chapter in any Canadian book on the topic, must keep those "American bastards" not too far...and not too close.  

There are plenty of Canadians who seem anti-American...but it's usually limited to hockey which relatively few Americans care about. 

Any smart business type in BC realizes that each year come spring, the annual running of the giant motor-homes to Alaska begins.

18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Russians matter more than Canadians....they pack a bigger punch.  

Apparently they matter more than Americans to American politicians, too. They bribe more blatantly.

3 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

As long as American signals invade Canada I will watch American programming.....its free so why not.....thanks Uncle Sam...

...or as long as the Canadian government (CRTC) mandates carriage on cable and satellite, because that is what Canadians want....American content.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:06 PM, DogOnPorch said:

This picture exemplifies the extent of the submission of our politicians to their new masters...and it isn't even that terrorist loving Trudeau.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4j6BVpXAAALMOK.jpg

That picture of a stunned looking Wynne has to be the best picture ever taken in Canada ever. Wynne is just a prime example as to how far our dear leader politically correct politicians will go for a chance to have a picture taken with or near terrorist foreigners. Wynne sitting their allowing herself to look like a fool just shows me that Canada truly is on the road to destruction complements of our stupid snowflake politicians. It is no wonder I have no use for any of them anymore. They are not loyal to Canada at all. They prefer to show their loyalties to the rest of the world, and will bring in millions of them just for their vote, dam the consequences. Deplorable.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

Is this shocking? Trump's playbook is to distract from the important issues. 

So is the voracious appetite for American content (including Trump) a distraction from important (or boring) issues in Canada ?

This has been true long before Trump ever ran for president.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So is the voracious appetite for American content (including Trump) a distraction from important (or boring) issues in Canada ?

This has been true long before Trump ever ran for president.

We have a PM that seems determined to join the Jihad. We SHOULD have other things to worry about besides the President...you'd think.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

We have a PM that seems determined to join the Jihad. We SHOULD have other things to worry about besides the President...you'd think.

Yes....one would think so.    But copious amounts of Canadian media bandwidth are still devoted to Trump.

Example: Trump has not been found guilty of four ethics violations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes....one would think so.    But copious amounts of Canadian media bandwidth are still devoted to Trump.

Example: Trump has not been found guilty of four ethics violations.

I kept posting Justin Trudeau is the enemy of Canada on CBC last night until banned. I did my part.

:D

I think crooked Justin Trudeau benefits from the Trump distraction.    CBC's Power and Politics still gives Trump lots of segment time.

I detect a shift in the general attitude of Canadians who claim to support such a corrupt, elitist POS.

A LOT of people took exception to his handing 10.5 million of their dollars to a convicted murderer/terrorist...or more. He is viewed to be handing 30+ million to three others "trapped in Syria" during 9-11...apparently ALSO by the Canadian taxpayer...already guilty of sending Omar to fight with terrorists. 

Many already suspect he plans doing likewise for Boyle judging by the 'backpacking' fable we're expected to believe. And...you know...we Canadian taxpayers AGAIN went and let him do it.

Jihadi Justin, of course, carries-on...