America under President Trump

On 2017-04-16 at 1:05 PM, kimmy said:

The committee isn't about wiretapping. The committee is about Russian influence in the 2016 election. You keep missing that point.

On the wiretapping issue, the latest we heard is that the FBI surveillance of Trump advisor Carter Page was 100% legal. They obtained a warrant from a judge in accordance with the rules set for by FISA (Federal International Surveillance Act). They're allowed to do wiretapping when they have warrants. Giving them a warrant to do surveillance on Carter Page is a no-brainer, because he's on the Russian payroll.  So were Flynn and Manafort. As things go along we'll hear that surveillance of Flynn and Manafort (and probably others) was also done 100% legally, with FISA warrants.

The question isn't why the FBI was doing surveillance on all these Russian operatives, because the answer to that is blindingly obvious. The real question is why Trump had all these Russian operatives in his inner circle.

Not true.

The Democrats don't control these hearings. It's a bipartisan committee with members from both parties, but the chairman is a Republican, because the Republicans are the majority party.  The chairman of the committee was Devin Nunes, but Rep. Nunes was forced to step down because he's now in the middle of an ethics probe for running off to the White House in the middle of the night to share privileged committee information with the Trump administration. Hmmm. I wonder why he'd do that?

-k

Kimmy is was reported on US news that the FBI director and the NSA refused to come back to testify. My understanding about Nunes, went to the WH, was  the whistleblower gave the info. to someone who in turn sent to someone in DC to deliver it to  the two people in the WH who received it and then they call Nunes.

It seems that since Fox news lost O'REILLY to sexual abuse,  one down one to go the Dems are going after Hannity but this time he's fighting back and now the woman is back peddling. I agree with Hannity with everything he says and at one time, I couldn't stand the guy...just shows time changes everything.                                                           http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/04/25/sean-hannity-i-can-no-longer-let-slander-against-me-slide      

So Trump has just released his tax proposal and a main item is corporate tax rate drops from 35 to 15% which amounts to $4 trillion in lost revenue. Between that and the wall anybody want to guess where the debt is heading? Of course no release on his own tax returns.

Trump just finished smooching it up in front of the nra and of course just more rhetorical drivel which sounded like he was still on the campaign trail, as usual. He dragged out his Pocahontas yet again. He assured there would continue to be freedom for everybody to tote guns, so I guess we can expect to hear of ever more school shootings etc.

Apparently Trump doesn't like the US political system.

Making his remarks in an interview with Fox News timing with the 100-day mark, Trump also declared himself “disappointed” with congressional Republicans – despite his many “great relationships” with them.

Regarding his lack of signature legislative achievement, he blamed the constitutional checks and balances built in to US governance. “It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

Documentaries show there are people coming across the border illegally every day and hundreds of millions of dollars in cocaine coming in from South America every day destined for the American market.   Many drug users are dying every day.  So you can draw your own conclusions about the proposed wall.

47 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Documentaries show there are people coming across the border illegally every day and hundreds of millions of dollars in cocaine coming in from South America every day destined for the American market.   Many drug users are dying every day.  So you can draw your own conclusions about the proposed wall.

My conclusion is even if they get this wall built, which they likely won't, it won't make much of a dent in the drug trade, too much money involved. Maybe a small one, and likely only for a time being. However even Trump supporters/farmers who live down that way who were interviewed on CNN today, and who depend of Mexican/foreign labor to get things done are already feeling the pinch because of the current turmoil. They may have to pay much more to get crops off and such so up goes the price of tomatoes. Drug addicts will get their supplies one way or another. Put the wall money into rehabilitation and prevention instead of pissing it away on a wall.  

3 hours ago, Omni said:

My conclusion is even if they get this wall built, which they likely won't, it won't make much of a dent in the drug trade, too much money involved. Maybe a small one, and likely only for a time being. However even Trump supporters/farmers who live down that way who were interviewed on CNN today, and who depend of Mexican/foreign labor to get things done are already feeling the pinch because of the current turmoil. They may have to pay much more to get crops off and such so up goes the price of tomatoes. Drug addicts will get their supplies one way or another. Put the wall money into rehabilitation and prevention instead of pissing it away on a wall.  

Trump has already started to make a dent by arresting and deporting drug dealers, gang members and criminals who are not documented citizens.  The wall may make a big dent in it too.  You've got to get rid of the criminals do slow it down.  Obama did little or nothing about it and sanctuary cities is a big problem.  Liberals fighting for criminals to stay.

Nature abhors a vacuum.  Deport a drug dealer, you're just creating a job-opening for the next drug dealer. Prisons are full of drug dealers who got replaced by new recruits the next day. As long as there's money to be made, there will be somebody desperate enough to step in.

-k

So I see Trump skips out of the WH correspondents dinner, the first since Ronald Reagan who was recovering from a gunshot wound, but still had the guts to phone in. I guess Trump needed to run away to go tell his supporters the stories he knows they want to hear about all the tings he has "accomplished" in his first 100 days. I wonder if it was just by chance that the headliner at the dinner was a comedian who is also a Muslim. He did get some bigly laugh.

Trump still tries to flog his unsubstantiated claim about Obama wiretapping him, now he wants to meet with 2 murderous dictators, reckons Fat Kim is a "smart cookie" and says in an interview in the oval office today that he "doesn't stand for anything" Where does this gong show end I wonder?