Sins Of Homolka

Big Guy

So what crimes have been committed by your family members in the past that you're willing to be punished for today?

Her husband willingly signed up for whatever crap life he has in front of him when he married a rapist and murderer. As for her kids, she/they willingly brought them to a place that they had to know was going to be a hostile environment - a place where these kids will have no friends and repeatedly hear what a heinous murderer their mother is.

She shoulda just faded away in the caribbean and hidden her identity from her kids but, as I said, she's also a sociopath.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful what you tolerate, if you agree with the mob mentality harassing this woman you may one day be on the receiving end of crowd sourced justice. Karla did her time and is now free; vigilante justice is never acceptable. Thankfully her neighbours, for the most part, are more angry with reporters asking questions than her living nearby.

The idea that Homolka 'paid her debt' is untrue.

She made a deal with the Crown and withheld evidence(the video of the crimes) that specifically implicated her in the rapes and murders. That evidence would have and should have voided the deal and sent her to prison for life, like Bernardo. She is equally culpable in these crimes, but got off easy .

I have no sympathy for her- that is reserved for the families of the people she grotesquely tortured and murdered. I don't care about her husband. Her children would be far better off as orphans than with this monster.

I think she's either:

Completely amoral and doesn't care about the public's distain

or

100% remorseful of what she did and is just trying to live her life and being harassed by the public does absolutely nothing productive to society but just goes to enforce a mob mentality.

I suspect we can rule out the possibility that she is 100% remorseful, particularly given that she chose to identify herself again as Leanne Teale, a name her and Bernardo took which was taken from a serial killer movie. If she was remorseful, one would think she would make every effort to put a little distance between herself and that name.

Karla Homolka cunning in her manipulations

How chilling that she’s again using the name Leanne Teale. Homolka and Bernardo legally changed their names to Leanne and Paul Jason Teale, taken from a movie about a serial killer.

She clearly hasn’t relinquished all the symbolic connections to her ex-husband and their merciless crime spree.

That's pretty weird alright.

Creepy serial rapist/killers do tend to be a little weird. We don't normally get to see them in the light, thank goodness the Canadian justice system let her out!

Any chance the supporters of Khadr, the Manson groupies, or another well meaning group will be able to demonstrate that society failed Karla?

Creepy serial rapist/killers do tend to be a little weird. We don't normally get to see them in the light, thank goodness the Canadian justice system let her out!

Any chance the supporters of Khadr, the Manson groupies, or another well meaning group will be able to demonstrate that society failed Karla?

Give me minute, I'm still waiting for a memo on what to say from LCH (Lefty Central Headquarters) but in the meantime how on Earth do you explain a lefty like me agreeing that one of our cherished and beloved sacred cows is weird?

Edited to add: Wow, almost 10 minutes now and still no memo. How do you explain THAT?

Edited by eyeball

Give me minute, I'm still waiting for a memo on what to say from LCH (Lefty Central Headquarters) but in the meantime how on Earth do you explain a lefty like me agreeing that one of our cherished and beloved sacred cows is weird?

Edited to add: Wow, almost 10 minutes now and still no memo. How do you explain THAT?

There are thankfully some issues that most people regardless of political leaning agree on. With the exception of a few morally bankrupt people, agreeing that Karla Homalka is a monster of the worse kind is not a political issue.

There are thankfully some issues that most people regardless of political leaning agree on. With the exception of a few morally bankrupt people, agreeing that Karla Homalka is a monster of the worse kind is not a political issue.

Thanks for not lumping me in too deeply with even worst monsters those dreaded lefties. That means a lot. I just might make you a friend

I suspect we can rule out the possibility that she is 100% remorseful, particularly given that she chose to identify herself again as Leanne Teale, a name her and Bernardo took which was taken from a serial killer movie. If she was remorseful, one would think she would make every effort to put a little distance between herself and that name.

Karla Homolka cunning in her manipulations

That's messed up. Screw her. But I feel bad for her kids, who are innocent in all this.

The other issue, which I do not see addressed here, is the right (?) of a community to be informed when a person convicted of a crime moves into the community.

My understanding is that local law enforcement is notified when a convicted child predator is released and settles into a community. Some local police release that information to local rersidents while others do not.

If you believe that people who have been convicted of a crime, have served their sentence and decide to settle into a community, should be identified to a community - then what is the trigger where the crime would warrant disclosure?

Should a person convicted of a DUI be treated the same as a person having been convicted of manslaughter? Murder? Spousal abuse? Child Abuse? Child murder? Terrorism?

Why would you think a community has that right?

Of course there isn't such a right......in the case of Homolka she wasn't convicted of a sex crime (though she clearly should have been), likewise (if she had of been convicted of a sex crime) she was convicted prior to the creation of the sex offender registry, which isn't retroactive.

----------

As to the public registry of all violent criminals, that is clearly another debate...........if we're going to publicize the location of sex offenders once they're released, why not murders, wife beaters, cops convicted using excessive force and bozos that start fights at bars? In the case of Homolka, or any person convicted of a violent crime, upon release don't they have some expectation of privacy? If there is a concern of violent felons committing crimes upon their release from prison then clearly our Justice/Corrections system is letting us down..if not, upon release, previously convicted felons should be afforded the same rights to privacy as everybody else.......

......In the case of Homolka, in my opinion, her and her family should be left alone regardless of what I feel about her past crimes........if we don't like the results of our legal system, the onus is on us to change it.

I have no sympathy for her- that is reserved for the families of the people she grotesquely tortured and murdered. I don't care about her husband. Her children would be far better off as orphans than with this monster.

What do you know about the joys of orphan-hood and foster parents? Has the woman killed anyone since she got out? Raped anyone? Done anything criminal at all? Anything? Then leave her and her kids alone.

What do you know about the joys of orphan-hood and foster parents? Has the woman killed anyone since she got out? Raped anyone? Done anything criminal at all? Anything? Then leave her and her kids alone.

I actually know a great many people who are/were in foster care - they're all better off than they were before.

And, to drag her kids through the inevitable displays exactly what kind of mother she is.

Why would you think a community has that right?

I assume you noticed that there was a question mark after that statement.

I participate on these boards in an effort to solicit some different, randomly selected views from individuals who are prepared to share them under the cover of anonymity. I am already pretty sure of what my views are and seek arguments to test my position. Sometimes, when I sense that someone is seriously asking my opinion then I will share it.

There are too many participants who hunt the postings looking for reasons to crap on some target. I try to avoid giving these bottom feeders an excuse to insult Big Guy.

What rights do you think a community has as to the police sharing their information about previous convicted criminals settling into that community?