Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that you don't understand the context of that comment says more about you than it does her.

Oh believe me, the context of her statement says a lot more about her than it does about me. But that she hooked up with Trump is sort of congruent in that they each make equally ridiculous ones.

Here are a few more in case you missed/neglected the wacky humor generated by Sarah at her "endorsement" speech.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/21/us/politics/sarah-palin-endorsement-speech-donald-trump.html?_r=1

Edited by On Guard for Thee

Well if you look at a map, you will see Alaska is close to Russia. Apparently Sarah can see it from where she lives in Alaska. Beyond that it's pretty tough to explain a lot of what she says. Often because she seems incoherent.

Exactly, just as I thought, you didn't understand the significance!

Exactly, just as I thought, you didn't understand the significance!

She thinks by being in that kind of proximity to Russia she would be the perfect candidate to deal with Russia. She can't even deal with her own family's dumb happenings. I guess she is not even sure of the context she is trying to use when she lets words out of her mouth.

She thinks by being in that kind of proximity to Russia she would be the perfect candidate to deal with Russia. She can't even deal with her own family's dumb happenings. I guess she is not even sure of the context she is trying to use when she lets words out of her mouth.

I've been to Wasilla, it's over 600 miles from Russia with a few mountain ranges and some ocean in between.

Edited by Wilber

Wrong!

She even went as far in her speech to try and blame her sons latest round of alleged domestic violence on Obama. Now there's a stretch.

• 5 weeks later...

(Bump.)

After Nevada, and given the unlikelihood of either Cruz/Rubio resigning/working together (as if that would matter), and given Super Tuesday, it looks like Trump will be the Republican candidate.

On the Democrat side, I just don't see Sanders winning now. He doesn't have super-delegates but worse, he didn't win SC or Nevada. True, he did very well - but he didn't slay the dragon. It looks like Rodham-Clinton will be the Democrat's candidate.

So. among these two, who wins?

====

Weirdest US election cycle ever, even with 1968. Will there be a third candidate -Perot, Wallace?

=======

I'm beginning to think that Scott Adams is right about November 2016: Trump will win in a very large landslide, even making California and NY Red Republican.

I am sure that Trump would be more than happy to appease the party with any flunky of its choosing for the bottom of the ticket. JFK only tolerated LBJ because of electoral college math, preferring Stuart Symington instead.

According to Scott Adams, Trump is more likely to pick someone who would show voters that Trump can be controlled.

For example, Mark Cuban. (Check Wikipedia... Neat.)

======

The US Constitution is a remarkable document. Some 250 years later, it still ensures a civilised State - regardless which bozo negotiates/manages/takes State power. And the US Constitution imagined/foresaw all this without the simpler expedient of deciding the bozo by birth.

Imagine.

unless-the-democrats-nominate-sanders-a-trump-nomination-means-a-trump-presidency

Go Sanders! :-)

What can I say ... It makes sense.

Clinton and Trump are both elitists, he moreso than her.

Only Sanders really distinguishes himself.

So Jacee, your criteria for a candidate is whether she/he is elitist or not? Well, how do you feel about Justin Trudeau? Or even his father Pierre? In the Quebec context, both belonged to a very privileged elite. And Sanders? Sanders had the tremendous benefit of two poor parents who hectored/encouraged him to focus and succeed.

So perhaps I have different view of "privilege" than you.

IMHO, Bill Clinton came from a very ordinary, even difficult, background. Like Obama.

===

Frankly, I don't think we should pick political leaders according to their elitism/privilege at birth - or their lack of elitism. I'm a republican but I accept that some monarchs born into, uh, privilege - may be good leaders. I accept that a smart woman with every advantage in life can also be a good leader: for example, I think Margaret Thatcher was a good PM.

Edited by August1991

So Jacee, your criteria for a candidate is whether she/he is elitist or not? Well, how do you feel about Justin Trudeau? Or even his father Pierre? In the Quebec context, both belonged to a very privileged elite. And Sanders? Sanders had the tremendous benefit of two poor parents who hectored/encouraged him to focus and succeed.

So perhaps I have different view of "privilege" than you.

IMHO, Bill Clinton came from a very ordinary, even difficult, background. Like Obama.

===

Frankly, I don't think we should pick political leaders according to their elitism/privilege at birth - or their lack of elitism. I'm a republican but I accept that some monarchs born into, uh, privilege - may be good leaders. I accept that a smart woman with every advantage in life can also be a good leader: for example, I think Margaret Thatcher was a good PM.

Elitism is an attitude.

Trump is a stupid and dangerous idiot.

Hilary is an elitist who stands for status quo corporatism.

Justin is fast learning that he does too. Lol

These are just my opinions of course.

Elitism is an attitude.

WTF? Jacee, you entirely miss my point.

By every measure, Winston Churchill (and Pierre Trudeau, Trudeau Snr) were elitists. And yet both made changes in society.

For a full year: June 1940 to June 1941, ordinary people in Britain were all alone facing Hitler's regime. These British people had the benefit of a good leader.

Edited by August1991

WTF? Jacee, you entirely miss my point.By every measure, Winston Churchill (and Pierre Trudeau) were elitists. And yet both made changes in society.For a full year: June 1940 to June 1941, ordinary people in Britain were all alone facing Hitler's regime. These British people had the benefit of a good leader.

We're talking about Donald and Hilary.

Trump is a pig.

Hilary is an elitist.

Those are my opinions.

Hillary is the elitist even though aside from her legal career and stint as Secretary of State, most of her accomplishments have concerned family issues, but Donald was the one born with the silver spoon in his mouth.

I agree though, he is a pig.