Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Trump get's the nomination,I think Clinton will win handily.I do think Clinton and Sanders would both be an awful choice for President.Trump has his share of baggage too.

Sanders is the only person I would vote for if this Canadian could actually vote in American elections. But we've had that pointed out to us many times that we can't, so tough titties.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

At Meet The Press yesterday, they're talking about the likely indictment of Hillary Clinton before November.

There might not be a Hillary vs Trump at all.

Betsy, you miss the point of the OP.

Sanders is the only person I would vote for if this Canadian could actually vote in American elections. But we've had that pointed out to us many times that we can't, so tough titties.

Once again, GostHacked, this thread is not about who you want to win.

======

The thread asks this: assuming American voters in November 2016 must choose between Trump and Rodham, who wins?

Edited by August1991

Ooops.

I think the voters will end up choosing Trump.

IMO, Trump is already setting up the tone on how he'll go after Hillary - by calling her crooked. Indictments seem to be expected to come that will involve one or some of her staff (from what I understand). So, the timing of any indictments or any FBI investigation will play into this.

It's also notable that Trump hardly mentions Benghazi now...... it's possible that Benghazi will play a big part when they go one-on-one.

What? On September 11, 2012, attackers overran a U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, killing Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans. Since then, Republicans have charged that Hillary Clinton failed to adequately protect U.S. installations or that she attempted to spin the attacks as spontaneous when she knew they were planned terrorist operations. She testifies for the first time on October 22.

When? September 11, 2012-present

How serious is it? Benghazi has gradually turned into a classic “it’s not the crime, it’s the coverup” scenario. Only the fringes argue, at this point, that Clinton deliberately withheld aid. A House committee continues to investigate the killings and aftermath, but Clinton’s marathon appearance before the committee in October was widely considered a win for her.

However, it was through the Benghazi investigations that Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server became public—a controversy that remains potent.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/tracking-the-clinton-controversies-from-whitewater-to-benghazi/396182/

A Democrat strategist was asked which nominee they'd rather win and face among the Republicans. He said they prefer either Cruz or Kasich - he said that Trump is unpredictable.

Edited by betsy

Once again, GostHacked, this thread is not about who you want to win.

======

The thread asks this: assuming American voters in November 2016 must choose between Trump and Rodham, who wins?

The one thing I can tell you is that with either Trump or Clinton , the real losers will be the citizens of the USA.

At this time, Trump has been treated as a potential candidate for the Republican Party. He has yet to be fully vetted. Hillary has no more surprises to be surfaced since she has been in the public eye for years.

Donald Trump has a checkered history in his education, his business dealings and his previous associations. He has never been involved in politics so his background has never been an issue or worth dissecting.

If/when he becomes a serious contender then we will see a lot of folks coming out of the woodwork describing their association with him.

Donald Trump will never become president of the USA.

At this time, Trump has been treated as a potential candidate for the Republican Party. He has yet to be fully vetted. Hillary has no more surprises to be surfaced since she

Donald Trump will never become president of the USA.

Since George Bush Jr was President, Trump stands a good chance.

IMO, Trump is already setting up the tone on how he'll go after Hillary - by calling her crooked.....

He's saying that now but that's not how the fall election will play.

Harper wanted our last federal to be a referendum on Trudeau Jnr but it turned into a referendum on Harper. I suspect that Trump will try to make the fall 2016 US election into a referendum too. We'll see whether Trump is a better player than Harper.

Harper wanted our last federal to be a referendum on Trudeau Jnr but it turned into a referendum on Harper. I suspect that Trump will try to make the fall 2016 US election into a referendum too. We'll see whether Trump is a better player than Harper.

If it'll be a referendum....it'll be more of a referendum on Hillary than Trump! He'll make sure of that.

Especially if she gets questioned by the authorities.

Trump's got somethings up his sleeves - he doesn't give out details yet (which says a lot about Trump btw).

You never give out everything. Timing is the key.

Look how easily he turns things around (from the media to the latest - Kasich/Cruz collusion!) He's quick on his feet!

He's already anticipated all the things his opponents will do, or say.

You don't become a successful business man with a billion dollar empire without cunning and savvy!

Hillary will be walking on eggshells around Trump on their debates. And I'm beginning to agree with Conrad Black -

Trump will indeed mop the floor with Hillary!

Apparently he's giving a speech about his policies today - I can't remember where or what time. I've seen a couple of his latest rallies, and he gave some policies (about arming Japan as an example - which was twisted and edited by news media, and how he'll deal with US companies who up and set up in foreign countries - like Carrier). They're practical and so sensible. That's what people want to hear! Someone who makes sense, and is obviously competent to make deals.

Harper is nothing compared to Trump. Look how Trump got the RNC boxed in a dilemma....they're now slowly positioning to backing him up - that's what Meet The Press pundits observed).

I think, we ain't seen nothing yet.

Edited by betsy

August1991, on 24 Apr 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:snapback.png

Just listened to Trump's speech outlining his foreign policy.

You know what? He hammered on Obama!

He explained in details the incompetence and idiocy of the Obama administration......that now by the looks of it, the referendum will be on the Obama adminstration!

Americans get to decide if they want a continuation of the Obama administration ........

.............which Hillary had said she'll continue! :lol:

You guys should watch the video.

Edited by betsy

For all the talk about how he alienated Latinos....I don't believe that. A lot of Latinos are sensible, practical folks.

so you don't believe he actually means to deport 10+ million then, hey? So you don't believe he will build "the wall", hey... and get Mexico to pay for it! :lol:

so you don't believe he actually means to deport 10+ million then, hey? So you don't believe he will build "the wall", hey... and get Mexico to pay for it! :lol:

At CPAC last night, a couple of Latinos from Indiana phoned to say they support the Donald!

A latino from Florida was interviewed by CTV during the Florida primary, and he said there are Latinos who support Trump.

Latinos who'll hear his speech in full (without the edit of anti-Trump media), will see the practicality of his vision.

I don't know what promises he'll actually do. Do you? :)

Edited by betsy

Just listened to Trump's speech outlining his foreign policy.

You know what? He hammered on Obama!

of course he did! I guess you also missed him 'hammering' on GWBush as well... although, granted, he's a little more cautious in avoiding actually stating his name... choosing instead to play coy over the mistake to invade Iraq... the void it created for ISIS to fill... for Iran to extend upon.

stay tuned for an official Obama admin response.

I don't know what he'll actually do. Do you? :)

oh snap! So you're not taking Trump at his word? Why you're just like Trump's fake/trumped-up anti-establishment support base... accepting what he states without regard to whether he actually means what he says. You must like reality shows too!

of course he did! I guess you also missed him 'hammering' on GWBush as well... although, granted, he's a little more cautious in avoiding actually stating his name... choosing instead to play coy over the mistake to invade Iraq... the void it created for ISIS to fill... for Iran to extend upon.

Whether he hammered on GWBush is irrelevant.

I brought up Obama for a reason: my response to August regarding referendum.

Edited by betsy

Politicians run on either fear or hope. Trump has chosen fear while Hillary will probably be hope. Either method works.

Although, the Democrats may also run on fear - fear of a President Trump. :D

Hillary runs on FEAR!

She's fear-mongering about TRUMP! :D

She has no originality either. She's got nothing new on the table.

She said she'll continue the debacle of Obama! So, there! :lol:

The only reason Hillary is the front runner is due to the fact that the establishment is firmly behind her. She's got no other opponent other than Sanders. Everything is paved for her, let's face it.

Edited by betsy

I bet Betsy also missed the part where Trump advocated pro choice policies.