Trudeau's Committment to Syrian Refugees - 25,000 by Year End

Notice how the media is full of apologists saying it doesn't matter if Trudeau doesn't meet the commitment - only that he's sincere in trying - it's OK if it takes a year? This after Trudeau and doubled down saying he would meet his commitment. It's an important point - because unless he can come reasonably close to meeting his commitment - say by March.......then it's just another example of Trudeau blindly shooting off his mouth and simply not understanding one iota about what he's committing to. Take that approach on Climate Change or Deficits and you'll readily see the danger in having a shallow but impetuous leader. That said, he could clearly make the nay-sayers look foolish by meeting his commitment - but heck, those apologists are breathlessly trying to give him a soft landing, aren't they?

Well, the problem is, and i know you know this, the vast majority of the people who were so supposedly upset by those evil conservatives actually couldn't care less about those refugees, no more than they cared about the truth or lack thereof in the evil empire narrative they created even before the first time they were elected. Nothing else matterred to them more than winning, the refugees were an opportunity, no different than say the Ecole Polytechnique victims were. I laugh when they complain about attack ads when those same people have done nothing but impune the character of conservatives for years. But they do it nicely so it's ok, even the way thise place is moderated reflects the way our society has learned to behave, it's ok to treat conservatives like garbage, but dare not bring up the failings of liberals. Worst of all is the liberal party is laughing at the very people who voted for them in the belief that they are somehow different. They stand for everything and nothing, their lie about this issue is just another in a long line of examples, anything for power, no principles.

Edited by poochy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has two options:

1) say that there aren't enough qualified people to process all the claimants because Harper was a callous bastard who intentionally allowed the refugee processing system atrophy, or

2) just open the floodgates and let in some more radicals to pray with in his local mosque (if anything from the truth about Liberals thread is to be believed).

Well, the problem is, and i know you know this, the vast majority of the people who were so supposedly upset by those evil conservatives actually couldn't care less about those refugees, no more than they cared about the truth or lack thereof in the evil empire narrative they created even before the first time they were elected. Nothing else matterred to them more than winning, the refugees were an opportunity, no different than say the Ecole Polytechnique victims were. I laugh when they complain about attack ads when those same people have done nothing but impune the character of conservatives for years. But they do it nicely so it's ok, even the way thise place is moderated reflects the way our society has learned to behave, it's ok to treat conservatives like garbage, but dare not bring up the failings of liberals. Worst of all is the liberal party is laughing at the very people who voted for them in the belief that they are somehow different. They stand for everything and nothing, their lie about this issue is just another in a long line of examples, anything for power, no principles.

Amen.

Such hypocrites.

There is no end in sight to the coming Third World and Islamic migrations to Europe.

What is to stop the Islamic world and Third World from coming and repopulating the continent with their own kind, as the shrinking native populations of Europe die out???

Will Old Europe be recognizable even in ten years from now? How about 20 years?

“Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide,” wrote James Burnham in his 1964 “Suicide of the West.”

One must wonder, when there is so much evidence against accepting large numbers of refugees, whether the politicians are blind to the facts or if they are complicit.

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but let's not forget that governments have made many wrong moves for reasons of promised power and immunity from the harmful domination of a country's population. Hitler wooed Mussolini this way and won him over. The evil forces of the world learned much from Hitler's manipulations.

There are historical facts back as far as the events leading up to the Crusades; That Muslims marched across Europe taking over territory after territory in the name of Islam until the masses got fed up with it and massacred them all.

The goal of Islam is to conquer the world and rule by Islamic law. Muslims have learned that they cannot accomplish this by force and so they will naturally try infiltration, thinking that they can win by sheer numbers.

Is it not strange that when the Mid-eastern countries have been in armed conflict for centuries that suddenly they have decided on mass exodus to Western countries?

Is there not enough evidence coming out of the European countries that have accepted large numbers of Muslims to show how incompatible Islam is with Western Constitutions?

Is our new government blind to the lessons of the past? Not only are they forging ahead with their welcome of refugees, they are at the same time halting military force against rogue terrorist groups.

The Liberals previously decimated our military. They can be expected to do so again. How then, would we even defend ourselves against a rebellion/uprising?

Immigrants and refugees have been using our freedoms against us for decades to increase their populations here. They know they are allowed religious freedom and they use that right frequently to continue their unpopular and archaic cultural practices in our midst.

Their latest strategy has been to appeal to emotions rather than common sense to get themselves quickly established in a 'free' country. That a large percentage of the population sympathizes with them tells them that we will be an easy people to conquer. We will do whatever it takes to made it easy for them to dominate us.

I'm not so sure about the innocence or stupidity of government leaders. It could be either blindness or complicity but whichever it is it does not bode well for our future.

I can't believe some people still believe in the Fifth Column nonsense.

Remember folks, current fertility rate in Canada of 1.6, fertility rate needed to maintain population levels 2.1. You all pick which way you want to fill this gap.

Can we pick one which every expert in the world hasn't said will fail?

And more of your cherry picking;.

Darn. Am I being unfair in providing reputable cites to back up my opinion again? You really should complain to the moderators. I'm sure they'll sympathize. Well, one of them will. I'd go and find some sort of reputable cite to back up YOUR opinion for you if I was feeling more generous - and if there were any.

Still haven't seen an intelligent story in the media explaining why it is that Obama has only recently committed to taking in 10,000 Syrian refugees next year. A country 10 times the size of Canada. Where's the reporting? Where's the rationale? Why is Obama not being referred to as "cold-hearted"? What will the security conscious US think of Canada's attempt to bring in 25,000 fast-tracked Syrian refugees? Is this whole side of the equation not worth reporting? For the record:

In all, about 1,500 Syrian refugees have been admitted to the United States since the start of the Syrian conflict in 2011, the vast majority of them this fiscal year.

Here's a breakdown: 23 in 2011, 41 in 2012, 45 in 2013, 249 in 2014 and 1,199 so far this fiscal year, which ends September 30, according to the State Department figures as of September 4.

About 300 more refugees are expected to be admitted by the end of this fiscal year. This equates to a grand total of about 1,800 refugees from Syria's four-year civil war being admitted to the United States by October 1, according to U.S. officials.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/politics/u-s-take-10000-syrian-refugees/index.html

"Syrian refugees being brought to Canada by the Liberal government will only be given temporary residency permits until their cases have been fully processed in Canada, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee says."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/un-to-help-id-refugees-for-resettlement-in-canada-1.2651192

OMG thank god! Refugees usually get permanent residence once they step foot in Canada, if their claims were processed before they arrived. I feared they were just going to speed the applications through.

"[The UN official] said Syrians coming to Canada will initially receive a temporary residence permit, which will be replaced by permanent status after processing in Canada. They'll be eligible to apply for citizenship in four years."

"Syrian refugees being brought to Canada by the Liberal government will only be given temporary residency permits until their cases have been fully processed in Canada, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee says."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/un-to-help-id-refugees-for-resettlement-in-canada-1.2651192

OMG thank god! Refugees usually get permanent residence once they step foot in Canada, if their claims were processed before they arrived. I feared they were just going to speed the applications through.

Refugees always get temporary residency until their cases are processed.

Yes, I saw. And like other such anti-Israel screeds it completely ignores all context, not to mention the worse violations by both Palestinians and pretty much every nearby state. People like you don't get bothered when Egypt sentences a thousand people to death, or when Iran hangs teenage girls for having sex, or when Sudan tortures people to death or when the Palestinian government executes people out of hand, without trial or when Syria slaughters innocents, or when Turkey restarts a civil war so the ruling president who wants to be king can gain more power or when Saudi Arabia executes dozens of people.

---SNIP---

Argus you sound like one of those people who could justify anything that "your side" does to "their side". Are you even aware of the slightest thing that happened to the Palestinians that might have made them a bit angry? Something that they might have retaliated for? Or do the Israelis have the sacred right to retaliation by definition? You think that you are the protector of Jews and that I am a hateful anti-semitist but the ironic reality is that people with the same "ability to focus" that you possess joined the SS during WWII. I can see the problems from both sides face, the damage that both sides do. All I ever did here is draw attention to the fact that the Israelis aren't as pure as the driven snow, which is by far the popular opinion among canadians.

I never said that everything was a-ok in every other country in the middle east, that's a straw man argument. You could say the exact same things about countries in Africa, Asia, or South America and they don't all share the same religion.

Edited by Charles Anthony
[---SNIP---]

So the US is now taking 100K per year from Syria alone....after the attack. Trudeau doesn't look so bad on this (though I think he's totally wrong to pull out the F-18s - I hope he leaves the other 3 aircraft.

Do you have a cite? - last commitment I saw was in September - increase global refugees to 100,000 and take in 10,000 Syrians next year.

Do you have a cite? - last commitment I saw was in September - increase global refugees to 100,000 and take in 10,000 Syrians next year.

Actually, I don't. I saw it on the CBC website ticker today (it said US to accept 100,000, up from 10,000). I can't find anything on it now. I found one vague reference on Fox News but I can't find anything else.