Read the date of the article.

OOOPS. Mea Culpa!

Well they do say, attack ads work :P

And before you give me any of the Liberal crap about not shitting on someone else - Trudeau is hardly innocent there. He plays his own decisive politics. The problem is that the lefties just don't recognize it.

Edited by angrypenguin

The politicians are doing what they're supposed to....represent the people. Polls show that a vast majority support the niqab ban so it makes sense that politicians follow suit

The politicians are misleading Canadians, the vast majority of whom are obviously out to lunch if they think following them is a good idea.

Canada is populated by fickle knee-jerk reactionaries... This week they think this, next week theyll think that. That is why we have a constitutional framework.

I have to say, these last few weeks have caused me to appreciate the dampening power of our governing institutions.

I am fairly certain Tom Mulcair is not a Muslim. I would also venture to suggest that he's not fond of the niqab or what it represents and he knows full well that his position may cost him the election and his job. He has taken a stand here for pluralism and tolerance, defending a practice that many of us find alien and distasteful. I won't vote for Tom Mulcair but I believe he has stood up for something important and most Canadians, especially in Quebec, have entirely missed the point. We are not one tribe, and we must encourage civic nationalism, not based on ethnic or religious loyalties, if we are to endure as a nation.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Canada is populated by fickle knee-jerk reactionaries... This week they think this, next week theyll think that. That is why we have a constitutional framework.

I'm glad you think so highly of your fellow countrymen.

With that said, majority support on this issue hasn't flip flopped since this issue arose. You have a few bleeding heart liberals that want to make it an issue but the vast majority of Canadians haven't waivered

Some Canadians are voting with their faces masked or heads completely covered....like Klansmen...to mock and protest this issue.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mask-face-covering-voting-1.3266109

Oh don't worry, we have our share of bigots up "north of the border" as well. Luckily they tend to fade back into the woodwork in fairly short order.

Right that's why they're putting out anti-Trudeau ads focussed on his niqab stance.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/8260206

Sure. Have I denied he's taking advantage of things? Never. But he's only doing it because this was pushed into being a big issue by the media. And he's only doing it in Quebec.

Edited by Argus

Oh don't worry, we have our share of bigots up "north of the border" as well. Luckily they tend to fade back into the woodwork in fairly short order.

Are you saying the 88% of Canadians who told a global news poll they supported banning niqabs at citizenship ceremonies are bigots?

Are you saying the 88% of Canadians who told a global news poll they supported banning niqabs at citizenship ceremonies are bigots?

Once again you comment out of context, I was responding to a post talking about "Klansmen". In any case, this issue will be gone like summer wages as it should be, and maybe we can get down to some actual business.

Yep.

Is that how you get along each day? Believing you're more righteous than the other 90 percent of us, it doesn't occur to you that the portion you belong to might be small for o idk, exactly the opposite reason? Sort of like the goths that inhabited my high school all those years ago, a tiny group of people dressing like idiots collectively expressing their individuality while dressed like clones of each other thinking that everyone else were the losers, right, thats, what it is, you valiant few, you righteous few, if only you were in charge. Its no wonder you're ilk is so desperate for changes in the electoral system, how could you not think you should hold the balance of power when you have such a high opinion of yourselves and such a low one of the other 90 percent of us.