Canada needs fresh blood in Ottawa - Too Many Cronies & Secrets

Maybe

I for one want to see some more fresh faces and idea people in Ottawa and less secrecy and corruption. I was once a Harper fan but he lost me with his secret trade deals and the Duffy mess. Plus he has not really told us of any new ideas he has to make more people prosperous.

Edited by Maybe

You were never a harper fan, maybe. And boges might have a good pt. But this is the world the young chose and they will have to deal with it. It can hurt a lot of good people but it does find the bad one as well. Tough call.

Edited by PIK

I for one want to see some more fresh faces and idea people in Ottawa and less secrecy and corruption. I was once a Harper fan but he lost me with his secret trade deals and the Duffy mess. Plus he has not really told us of any new ideas he has to make more people prosperous.

Why is it the government's job to make you prosperous? Make yourself prosperous. I have.

Fresh faces? Is that somehow going to improve the economy? I think I missed that chapter when I was reading those horrendously boring economics texts in college.

Why is it the government's job to make you prosperous? Make yourself prosperous. I have.

Fresh faces? Is that somehow going to improve the economy? I think I missed that chapter when I was reading those horrendously boring economics texts in college.

Exactly. I just want the government to tax me as little as possible so I can get ahead. I undertand the point of social programs but anyone who thinks that it's the government's job to help them = entitled.

Isn't it the government job to HELP people make a living by keeping the work force going and not bring in laws or bringing in laws to help those people KEEP their jobs. The manufacturing sector first bunch to the gut was when Harris government didn't renew the Auto Pact, then many foreign businesses started to leave the country. Surely, a PM or Premier, should be able to find a happy medium with business and workers in the private sector.

Secret trade deals? That's just opposition hooey that you've obviously swallowed. The Conservatives were elected on a mandate that involved Free Trade - and to negotiate the best deals for Canada. You cannot "negotiate" a deal in public - or you'd never have any trade deals - because there will always be groups that are ideologically opposed - Unions being a big one. That's why you never hear the details of company mergers and divestitures until the deals are done.

As for making "you" more prosperous.....I'll leave that one alone.

Secret trade deals? That's just opposition hooey that you've obviously swallowed. The Conservatives were elected on a mandate that involved Free Trade - and to negotiate the best deals for Canada. You cannot "negotiate" a deal in public - or you'd never have any trade deals - because there will always be groups that are ideologically opposed - Unions being a big one. That's why you never hear the details of company mergers and divestitures until the deals are done.

As for making "you" more prosperous.....I'll leave that one alone.

Agreed. 99% of free trade deals were done under a Conservative government. The liberals are all show and no substance, like Trudeau.

And voting Anyone But Harper is very sound decision making...something you see in a school yard.....

Au contraire. After 10 years of Harper it's pretty clear to most Canadians that the worst thing for us right now would be to give him another mandate. The mentality among these voters is that they want to vote for the party most likely to replace the conservatives, and the Libs and NDP are battling it out to be that party.

It's not like these people don't have any preferences besides being against Harper, it's that they understand the fact that if they split the vote by voting for a candidate in their riding that won't likely win then it makes it easier for Harper to form another government.

~~~

On the topic of the OP-

Corruption is always going to be in every government of every stripe, to varying degrees. That much is true. But that doesn't make it okay, and that shouldn't justify you voting for it. In my opinion, decentralizing the PMO and make the Senate nonpartisan will have a bigger impact on lessening government corruption then any 'new blood' ever will. That's why I'm leaning more towards the Liberals on this one.

Au contraire. After 10 years of Harper it's pretty clear to most Canadians that the worst thing for us right now would be to give him another mandate. The mentality among these voters is that they want to vote for the party most likely to replace the conservatives, and the Libs and NDP are battling it out to be that party.

It's not like these people don't have any preferences besides being against Harper, it's that they understand the fact that if they split the vote by voting for a candidate in their riding that won't likely win then it makes it easier for Harper to form another government.

Comments like this baffle me. The economy has finally recovered beceause of due diligence with the 2008 investments and a government that keeps stuff lean so we can pay down our deficit. The other two want to spend $20 billion, plunge us back into deficits for no valid reason (2008 was a global financial crisis). Why?

So they can play PM. Vote with your head!

Au contraire. After 10 years of Harper it's pretty clear to most Canadians that the worst thing for us right now would be to give him another mandate. T

Interesting way to parse a sentence. It's also clear 'to most Canadians' that Trudeau is not fit to be Prime Minister. And it's clear "to most Canadians" that Mulcair should not be Prime Minister.

That's kinda what a three way tie means.

On the other hand, Harper seems to be preferred by a lot more people than Mulcair.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/election/nanos-survey-harper-leads-on-preferred-pm-measure-1.2588487

Referring to mosques as "brainwashing stations."

Saying "the oppressed of the Warsaw ghettos and the concentration camps have become the oppressors."

Easy to see why a sizable percentage of the people on this forum will never ever be electable.

You'll have to be more than just fresh, you'll need to be some kind of virginal saint to be a politician before too long. Political in-correctness needs a do-over, big-time.