Which party do you side with?

cybercoma

I find this amusing. Yet if one is, say, 73% conservative, which 73% counts too. Also if these percentages at least represent merely the quantity rather than quality of belief, I'm guessing everyone here would agree that the way our politicians here in Canada follow party lines over all other factors, we're screwed regardless!

For cybercoma,

New Democrat 89%
Liberal 86%
Green 85%
Communist 79%
Bloc Québécois 69%
Libertarian 36%
Christian Heritage 9%
Conservative 1%

(89 + 86 + 85 + 79 + 69 + 36+ 9 + 1)%/8 = 56.75 % average satisfaction for picking any one party!

None of them. They all suck.

All of these parties try to derive political positions based on a priori knowledge and fail. They approach things dogmatically and try to look for evidence that fits their desired conclusion rather than make conclusions based on empirical evidence.

Once you accept that the answers to most political questions are a priori indeterminant, and that you need empirical evidence to properly answer them, the current set of political parties does not seem very desirable.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Fine I took it. Here is what I got (no joke):

NDP: 5%

Liberals: 5%

Green: 4%

Libertarian: 4%

Conservative: 4%

Communist: 1%

Bloc Quebecois: 1%

Christian Heritage: 1%

To be fair, 16/24 of my responses were 'other'.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

No kidding! You just might be the most centrist person on these boards! Middle of the Road Derek!

edit: Whoops! HAL just rode right down the stripe!

Indeed, though I fully admit my political bias, I still laugh when some call me a hyperpartisan, neocon, fascist........

I've always considered myself a classic liberal, of a Adam Smith-John Stuart Mill-Winston Churchill-Barry Goldwater variety........in other words, I don't really give two shits what others do, as long as I don't get the bill for it ;)

Edited by Derek 2.0

No kidding! You just might be the most centrist person on these boards! Middle of the Road Derek!

edit: Whoops! HAL just rode right down the stripe!

Liberals are right wingers who pay lip service to working people and throw occasional bread scraps to the poor.

The NDP are centrist.

And considering that Canadians all agree on public education, health etc. ... we're all a bit 'commie' too.

Indeed, though I fully admit my political bias, I still laugh when some call me a hyperpartisan, neocon, fascist........

I've always considered myself a classic liberal, of a Adam Smith-John Stuart Mill-Winston Churchill-Barry Goldwater variety........in other words, I don't really give two shits what others do, as long as I don't get the bill for it ;)

You are hyperpartisan though, even if your views would more accurately be centrist. I know a guy who's hyperpartisan when it comes to the Liberals, but got a far higher percentage on this quiz for the NDP.

Liberal - 60%

Bloc - 60% (What?! LOL)

NDP - 58%

Conservative - 54%

Communist - 54%

Libertarian - 53%

Green - 46%

Wow that doesn't help me much haha. I think my results are like this because I have some views that are left-leaning, and others that are right-leaning, so my views don't fit well into a partisan box, which makes it very tough to vote come election time.

You are hyperpartisan though, even if your views would more accurately be centrist. I know a guy who's hyperpartisan when it comes to the Liberals, but got a far higher percentage on this quiz for the NDP.

As they say, when one points a finger at another, there are three more fingers pointing back at oneself.............I don't deny that I'm a Tory supporter/member, as evident by not only my own statements, but these quiz results. It is quite simple, there is no other electable party that shares my political (and moral) beliefs, as such, I'm a partisan Tory.........

With that said, if we placed ourselves 60 years ago, in 1955, and retook this test, without a doubt, the percentage difference between the then Progressive Conservatives and Liberals wouldn't be that great, perhaps even tilting towards the then St Laurent LPC........

Wow that doesn't help me much haha. I think my results are like this because I have some views that are left-leaning, and others that are right-leaning, so my views don't fit well into a partisan box, which makes it very tough to vote come election time.

I would think your results would very much so represent the majority of Canadians, the same Canadians that decide elections......

Liberals are right wingers who pay lip service to working people and throw occasional bread scraps to the poor.

The NDP are centrist.

And considering that Canadians all agree on public education, health etc. ... we're all a bit 'commie' too.

No, the Liberals historically have been the party of Bay-Street, with the Tories the party of small-town Main street..........The NDP aren't centrist, but have been forced to move to the center (starting under Layton) to appeal to more Canadians than the statist fringe, hence why Mulcair will very much so attempt to keep the muzzles on the loons in his party, just as Harper does with the social conservative fringe in his/ours.......