Manspreading

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because SJWs want to round up all of the men on the planet and have them castrated, so they can build their Amazonian utopia.

Its sad that you want to add to the topic or at least support your cause but dont know how, so you just start rambling nonsense. You did this for 18 pages in the first nations thread too - sad!

Seems to me like people can and should sit how they want when space is available. If someone is being assholeish by taking up two seats (whether with their bags, their fat, or the way they are sitting) when the bus/train/etc is crammed, they are probably deserving of some rude remarks from their fellow passengers, but that's about it. They are just being your run of the mill asshole, hardly worthy of making laws about.

If someone is being assholeish by taking up two seats (whether with their bags, their fat, or the way they are sitting) when the bus/train/etc is crammed, they are probably deserving of some rude remarks from their fellow passengers

Wow. Nice. Hey Fatty McFatFat! Stop taking up two seats. Could you just cease being a fatty fat so other passengers can sit more comfortably? K thanks.

What a stupid comment. Someone can put their purse between their lags or in their lap. Same with bags. You want to make rude comments to a fat person just for being fat? Give me a break. You going to make rude comments to a bodybuilder for having shoulders so wide that they take up more than a single seat? Why just single out fat people?

So, why are guys getting arrested on empty(ish) subways?

They aren't.

So while multiple outlets reported upon New York City’s first manspreading arrests, those articles all traced back to a single Gothamist article. The original article was predicated upon a report released by a group advocating against the New York Police Department’s controversial use of “Broken Windows” policing, and it comprised a potpourri of reports, anecdotes, and other datapoints of unspecified origin.

Missing from all claims about the manspreading arrests were the specific criminal codes under which the men were purportedly charged, the date of the infractions in question (or whether “recently” was in the last week, month or year), the names of the men charged, their ages, where the incident may have occurred, or any other information attesting to the fact two men were arrested in New York City at any point in history for quality of life crimes related to manspreading. Moreover, the original claim specified that the two men purportedly arrested for manspreading both had outstanding warrants, which in and of itself is cause to be ordered to appear in court and rarely culminates in being let go with just a warning.

I've seen people spread out sleeping on subways and busses - no outrage there!?

Do you have a problem with it?

Edited by Black Dog

But posting photos of people fatspreading would be a form 'fat-shaming', something that SJWs are dead set against.

Now posting photos to shame people that are 'manspreading' is totally acceptable and even encouraged by SJWs.

Being fat isn't really a choice like being an inconsiderate asshole is. Your argument is invalid.

Being fat isn't really a choice like being an inconsiderate asshole is. Your argument is invalid.

I never made a claim as to whether or not being fat is or isn't a choice in that post. I just claimed that SJWs hold two positions (one on fatshaming, and one on manspreading). I did not an argument, I stated facts. You need to improve your reading comprehension.

You going to make rude comments to a bodybuilder for having shoulders so wide that they take up more than a single seat? Why just single out fat people?

How about both. If you take action to maximize the space you take up, people have a right to speak out if you encroach on their space.

I never made a claim as to whether or not being fat is or isn't a choice in that post. I just claimed that SJWs hold two positions (one on fatshaming, and one on manspreading). I did not an argument, I stated facts. You need to improve your reading comprehension.

Don't be cute. We all know what you were driving at.

Now, care to speak to the fact that your hysterical claim that people are getting arrested for manspreading on empty trains appears to be a total fiction? Or are you going to do what you normally do when confronted with an inconvenient argument and just ignore it.

Now, care to speak to the fact that your hysterical claim that people are getting arrested for manspreading on empty trains appears to be a total fiction? Or are you going to do what you normally do when confronted with an inconvenient argument and just ignore it.

So, when a woman wears make-up, push-up bra, mini-skirt, heels etc., who is she doing it for...and why?

That's up to her. On my part, I'm 58 and I'll look, but don't want to get caught leering at young women (dark sports sunglasses while walking a dog who likes to wander a bit, seems to help being discreet).

How about both. If you take action to maximize the space you take up, people have a right to speak out if you encroach on their space.

Right. And for that matter, those of us with fairly wide shoulders can contract a bit in crowded situations. Maybe bodybuilders are too stiff....but most of us can manage.

So, why are guys getting arrested on empty(ish) subways?

I've seen people spread out sleeping on subways and busses - no outrage there!?

With all the strawmen being heaped onto this thread, I hope there isn't a fire!

Is it so hard to take what I write literally, rather than try to insert what you wish I wrote?

Now, care to speak to the fact that your hysterical claim that people are getting arrested for manspreading on empty trains appears to be a total fiction?

I already provided links to articles about people being arrested for manspreading. It's not my fault you are too lazy to read them.

http://rt.com/usa/263473-nyc-subway-manspreading-arrests/

"Two Latino men were allegedly arrested for manspreading, sitting with knees wide open, thus occupying two seats on May 22 at 12:11am"

Is it so hard to take what I write literally, rather than try to insert what you wish I wrote?

It's hard because, taken literally, your post was completely pointless. The only way it made sense was if you were implying some kind of double standard in play. But ok: I'll accept the post was, in fact, pointless.

I already provided links to articles about people being arrested for manspreading. It's not my fault you are too lazy to read them.

http://rt.com/usa/26...eading-arrests/

"Two Latino men were allegedly arrested for manspreading, sitting with knees wide open, thus occupying two seats on May 22 at 12:11am"

Link is busted, but your original link shows that the alleged arrests weren't actually about manspreading.

Robert Gangi, the Director of Police Reform Organizing Project (PROP), says that this is just another NYPD pretext to arrest whoever they want, often disproportionately targeting “minority” communities.
“We think it’s driven by a quota system. There is almost no other rational explanation for why the cops would conduct this kind of arrest unless they are under pressure to meet certain numbers, to meet with their productivity goals,” Gangi said in an interview with RT.

So rather than being about teh evvvvil feminists, it's shithead cops being shitheads. But you haven't said boo about that, have you? It's all about the SJW for you.

Here's some more from the Gothamist post that seems to have been the first to pick up this report:

The report notes that 89 percent of cases the group tracked ended with no further jail time. One man claimed an officer apologized to him after ticketing him for walking between subway cars, saying, “I’m sorry, but it’s the 26th of the month and I have to make my quota.” Evidence of rush hour douchebaggery is abundant in our archives, but in tracking hundreds of cases, Gangi claimed he never saw subway-etiquette-based charges leveled against someone actually blocking a door, say, or taking up a seat someone wanted.
"We've never seen someone ticketed or arrested because they were actually inconveniencing somebody," he said.

So rather than being about teh evvvvil feminists, it's shithead cops being shitheads. But you haven't said boo about that, have you? It's all about the SJW for you.

You don't think racist cops will use the SJW inspired anti-manspreading laws to target visible minority men?

Wow. Nice. Hey Fatty McFatFat! Stop taking up two seats. Could you just cease being a fatty fat so other passengers can sit more comfortably? K thanks.

What a stupid comment. Someone can put their purse between their lags or in their lap. Same with bags. You want to make rude comments to a fat person just for being fat? Give me a break. You going to make rude comments to a bodybuilder for having shoulders so wide that they take up more than a single seat? Why just single out fat people?

Fat people should be standing instead of sitting anyway. It burns more calories.

Apart from the tiny minority of fat people who are fat due to a medical condition of some sort... yeah, it's damn rude to be fat, not only to other passengers on public transit but to society at large, to your family, to your coworkers, etc. You are imposing higher costs on everyone, increasing the likelihood of dying early and imposing tragedy on your loved ones, etc. Obesity is a plague in our society and trying to normalize it serves no purpose.

Smokers have been marginalized in our society to the point that it discourages many from smoking, the same should be done with fatness. The health risks and costs of obesity are comparable to those of smoking.

Fat people should be standing instead of sitting anyway. It burns more calories.

Apart from the tiny minority of fat people who are fat due to a medical condition of some sort... yeah, it's damn rude to be fat, not only to other passengers on public transit but to society at large, to your family, to your coworkers, etc. You are imposing higher costs on everyone, increasing the likelihood of dying early and imposing tragedy on your loved ones, etc. Obesity is a plague in our society and trying to normalize it serves no purpose.

Smokers have been marginalized in our society to the point that it discourages many from smoking, the same should be done with fatness. The health risks and costs of obesity are comparable to those of smoking.

Cool, so you'd be down with massive government intervention into the junk food/fast food markets just like they did with smoking? high taxes, warning labels, age restrictions, etc etc?