New HarperPAC

I think the childishness of the personal attack ads Harper likes to use, (every bit as bad as what Kim tried against Chretien so long ago) just leads us down this rathole once again, and unfortunately they have an effect (on some voters) so it tends to lead us ever closer to American style nonsense when it comes to campaigns.

Just like the "troops in Canadian cities" ad.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are some of these horrific childish attack ads?

I thought the Pot one on radio's was useless. But the Job interview one is actually pretty effective.

JT's own ads will be good enough for the CPC anyway. His voice always sounding like he's about to cry will scare potential voters off.

So what are some of these horrific childish attack ads?

I thought the Pot one on radio's was useless. But the Job interview one is actually pretty effective.

JT's own ads will be good enough for the CPC anyway. His voice always sounding like he's about to cry will scare potential voters off.

The interview was doing OK I guess , although as transparent as saran wrap, but then only guy of color has to finish it off with the nice hair comment. Now we are back deep in childish land.

There's a very good chance that voters won't be against ads by unions because unions are voters too and the Tories reduced corp. taxes to businesses and then businesses just kept their taxes savings into the billions and didn't hire Canadians, but many foreign workers until they got caught.

Topaz.......funny how you started this thread on HarperPAC - but didn't offer even one peep on this "Engage Canada" anti-Harper topic - why is that?

Link: http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/24617-unions-centre-left-interests-start-anti-harper-ad-campaign/page-3

Edited by Keepitsimple

Just like the "troops in Canadian cities" ad.

second time you've mentioned that in this thread... even though you know the 'ad' never went mainstream and only appeared on a website for "mere minutes" before being pulled. But why let details get in your way, hey!

That posts reads like a really lame attack ad.

JT's going to be just as negative. The Job interview ad isnt' so vicious.

It's definitely a lame Canadian version of an attack ad. "I'm sorry, boot I don't think he's ready yet, eh." It's certainly no YouTube comment section of political attack ads.

If the Camero production line was from Ontario you can thank Kathleen Wynne for that. Whynning!

Thank Conservatives when things are going well and blame Liberals when they're not. If Hudak won, you would probably blame the city or find some reason to blame McGuinty. Your arguments are really transparent.

Thank Conservatives when things are going well and blame Liberals when they're not. If Hudak won, you would probably blame the city or find some reason to blame McGuinty. Your arguments are really transparent.

The provinces are responsible for their provinces economy. Th tanking of the Ontario economy is directly the fault of the Liberals. No one else has been in power for 13+ years in Ontario. Who's fault is it then if not the provincial Liberals?

I am waiting for the next evolution of these third party ads. If I wanted Trudeau elected I would create some really trashy ads targeting Trudeau's children and his wife, maybe even trashing his brother Michael who was killed in an accident and praising Mulcair and Harper.

The reactions from Ottawa would be interesting.

I am waiting for the next evolution of these third party ads. If I wanted Trudeau elected I would create some really trashy ads targeting Trudeau's children and his wife, maybe even trashing his brother Michael who was killed in an accident and praising Mulcair and Harper.

The reactions from Ottawa would be interesting.

How exactly would you trash his wife and his brother?

Now? That illustration includes polls up to June 9. It's 2 weeks old already.

Well it's the current 308 results. Not that any of it matters. I just remember when JT was 10 points up it was assumed he was going to be the next PM.

If the CPC have 3rd party backers to do the dirt flinging. GOOD! I know Public Sector Unions will also be doing lots of it as well for JT or the NDP.

Polling is always at least a week behind. Regardless, it's still fairly current and illustrates that past polls mean nothing. Even this one doesn't mean all that much.

When you have posters talking about Canada had completely rejected Harper you can remind them that he still has a lead and the campaign hasn't even started yet.

True, MCGUINTY did some stupid things BUT at the same time, the feds always used to same excuse...its the global economy fault not mine. Ontario had the auto sector ripped out when foreign, (US) companies decided to go home and left many Ontarians with out of jobs. The jobless rate is still high in places in Ontario and only time will see if Wynn can get back what the province had before McGuinty.

When you have posters talking about Canada had completely rejected Harper you can remind them that he still has a lead and the campaign hasn't even started yet.

The xenophobes who are usually old and scared suburbans and those living in the rural areas will continue to support the conservatives. That's around 1/3 of the population. The Cons really know how to make them "move" with their terrorist-foreigners-tax scare campaigns.

Oh and the campaign has already started. Just look at all the money the government has been throwing at the Canada Action Plan ads. Nice to see my tax dollar is funding Harper's campaign.

I find faults in both the Liberals and NDP, but I really do hope that they create a coalition to push the Cons out of power. Harper is bad for Canada and bad for the world.

Edited by Hudson Jones

The new HarperPAC group. is going to make the campaigning very nasty and only Harper can do. They are a US-Style political action committee for Harper but most Canadians do not like that type of political , so see how low and dirty Harper can go , pretty low, I imagine. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/new-harperpac-group-to-respond-from-the-right-192140253.html;_ylt=As13Care3oneTdCew_ZYYLUSscB_;_ylu=X3oDMTE1b2l0NTI2BG1pdAMEcG9zAzEyBHNlYwNsbl9ZYWhvb09yaWdpbmFsc19nYWw-;_ylg=X3oDMTBhdnVpNmo3BGxhbmcDZW4tQ0E-;_ylv=3

Great go after Justin!

And those on the left go after Harper!

NDP will do just fine.

WWWTT

The xenophobes who are usually old and scared suburbans and those living in the rural areas will continue to support the conservatives. That's around 1/3 of the population. The Cons really know how to make them "move" with their terrorist-foreigners-tax scare campaigns.

Oh and the campaign has already started. Just look at all the money the government has been throwing at the Canada Action Plan ads. Nice to see my tax dollar is funding Harper's campaign.

I find faults in both the Liberals and NDP, but I really do hope that they create a coalition to push the Cons out of power. Harper is bad for Canada and bad for the world.

No Harper isn't bad for Canada or the world. But many of your buddies are. Hamas is bad for the world. Putin is bad for the world. Castro is bad for the world. Assad is bad for the world. The Ayatollah in Iran is bad for the world. Harper ain't anything remotely close to that. Your Harper derangement syndrome is flaring up again.

No Harper isn't bad for Canada or the world. But many of your buddies are. Hamas is bad for the world. Putin is bad for the world. Castro is bad for the world. Assad is bad for the world. The Ayatollah in Iran is bad for the world. Harper ain't anything remotely close to that. Your Harper derangement syndrome is flaring up again.

Just because Harper ist Assad doesn't mean he isn't bad for Canada. For instance muting scientists is bad for Canada. Putting all your eggs in the fossil fuel basket is bad for Canada, want more...