New HarperPAC

The new HarperPAC group. is going to make the campaigning very nasty and only Harper can do. They are a US-Style political action committee for Harper but most Canadians do not like that type of political , so see how low and dirty Harper can go , pretty low, I imagine. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/new-harperpac-group-to-respond-from-the-right-192140253.html;_ylt=As13Care3oneTdCew_ZYYLUSscB_;_ylu=X3oDMTE1b2l0NTI2BG1pdAMEcG9zAzEyBHNlYwNsbl9ZYWhvb09yaWdpbmFsc19nYWw-;_ylg=X3oDMTBhdnVpNmo3BGxhbmcDZW4tQ0E-;_ylv=3

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unions set the the tone with their anti-Conservative ads the Ontario election and the anti-Liberal ads in the BC election.

It is simply dishonest to claim this was a tactic started by Conservatives. The unions deserve the blame for this one.

I am sure there is no belt below which Harper would not hit to try and hold onto power. Ill wager the sicko ad the cons. put out with regard to Chretiens face is but a teaser compared to where the current administration will go. Lets hope there efforts have the same outcome as they did for Kim Campbell.

That sicko was John Tory actually. Current mayor of Toronto.

This group is in response to the Union/Liberal/NDP funded Engage Canada who have allready put out a very misleading ad, math is obviously not their strong suit.

I guess there was no concern about these 'pacs' until the Conservatives formed one - go figure. And - was there concern over the multi millions spent by the Unions (including the media union) bashing Ontario PCs.. Funny how there's only concern when the conservatives do it.

This group is in response to the Union/Liberal/NDP funded Engage Canada who have allready put out a very misleading ad, math is obviously not their strong suit.

I guess there was no concern about these 'pacs' until the Conservatives formed one - go figure. And - was there concern over the multi millions spent by the Unions (including the media union) bashing Ontario PCs.. Funny how there's only concern when the conservatives do it.

Oh I think we all know the cons. have led the way with the attack ad pacs. Theirs is simply called the PMO. They don't see to be all that creative though, and are just re jigging the same old junk they cane up with last election. But they do seem to be getting ever more sloppy about it. You know, blathering about job creation while showing a shot of the Camaro production line about to be shut down and moved to Michigan, oops.

Oh I think we all know the cons. have led the way with the attack ad pacs. Theirs is simply called the PMO. They don't see to be all that creative though, and are just re jigging the same old junk they cane up with last election. But they do seem to be getting ever more sloppy about it. You know, blathering about job creation while showing a shot of the Camaro production line about to be shut down and moved to Michigan, oops.

That posts reads like a really lame attack ad.

JT's going to be just as negative. The Job interview ad isnt' so vicious.

Oh I think we all know the cons. have led the way with the attack ad pacs.

If you're going to lie, why lie so obviously that everyone just rolls their eyes at you? It's absolutely clear to anyone with a shred of honesty that this is a union led effort, and that the conservative group is in response to the one being run by former NDP staffers and funded by the unions, especially the big public service unions who expect to get a big kickback from any NDP government in the form of better raises and benefits.

If you're going to lie, why lie so obviously that everyone just rolls their eyes at you? It's absolutely clear to anyone with a shred of honesty that this is a union led effort, and that the conservative group is in response to the one being run by former NDP staffers and funded by the unions, especially the big public service unions who expect to get a big kickback from any NDP government in the form of better raises and benefits.

I see your memory is also a little faulty.

Maybe the source is China who want Harper re-elected so that more environmental restrictions are not placed on Chinese investments in the oil sands. Maybe it is some terrorist organization who want Harper re-elected so that Canada continues to waste lives and money on civil wars in the Middle East. Maybe it is some Israeli organization who want Harper re-elected and keep Canada very friendly to Israel. Who knows?

There are no controls or disclosure rules.

I see your memory is also a little faulty.

My memory is crystal clear. I remember all the money the unions put into defeating the Conservatives in Ontario, and I remember their jubilation, and their vow to spend ten times more against the federal tories in the upcoming election - something which they are not doing.

You probably don't remember any of that because you didn't think anything of it. After all, it's only a horrible thing when conservatives do something, right?

Maybe OGFT just ignores everything Ontario because it ruins his worldview.

This game was played to the Ontario Liberals benefit since the Harris days. So for any Liberals supporter to say that 3rd party advertising is bad for democracy is the complete height of hypocrisy.

I'm sure CUPE will have their ads ready for the campaign in October.

The new HarperPAC group. is going to make the campaigning very nasty and only Harper can do. They are a US-Style political action committee for Harper but most Canadians do not like that type of political , so see how low and dirty Harper can go , pretty low, I imagine. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/new-harperpac-group-to-respond-from-the-right-192140253.html;_ylt=As13Care3oneTdCew_ZYYLUSscB_;_ylu=X3oDMTE1b2l0NTI2BG1pdAMEcG9zAzEyBHNlYwNsbl9ZYWhvb09yaWdpbmFsc19nYWw-;_ylg=X3oDMTBhdnVpNmo3BGxhbmcDZW4tQ0E-;_ylv=3

You want to see nasty - and misleading - check out the Website for "Engage Canada" and try to find anything that supports the fact that Unions are largely behind the attacks.......and you wonder why HarperPAC was necessary?

One ad that made its debut this month comes from Engage Canada, a group whose stated intent is to make the Conservative party "unelectable." Engage calls itself a non-partisan, grassroots organization, though is headed by former Liberal and NDP strategists and it counts unions among its donors.

Link to Engage Canada: http://www.notthereforyou.ca/

There's a very good chance that voters won't be against ads by unions because unions are voters too and the Tories reduced corp. taxes to businesses and then businesses just kept their taxes savings into the billions and didn't hire Canadians, but many foreign workers until they got caught. Canada NEEDS a leader that is fair across the board of workers and show some compassion to wards its people, ALL people...the Tories don't. I don't really care who gets elected between the Libs or the NDP because it has to be better than what we've had! BTW, does Harper have the IRI helping him again?

Maybe OGFT just ignores everything Ontario because it ruins his worldview.

This game was played to the Ontario Liberals benefit since the Harris days. So for any Liberals supporter to say that 3rd party advertising is bad for democracy is the complete height of hypocrisy.

I'm sure CUPE will have their ads ready for the campaign in October.

Not my fault Harper included a segment referring to a 1000 job loss in an ad about his.... proven leadership.

Fine. Big gaffe, I'm sure Harper didn't hand pick the footage himself.

What does it have to do about 3rd party political advertising?

I think the childishness of the personal attack ads Harper likes to use, (every bit as bad as what Kim tried against Chretien so long ago) just leads us down this rathole once again, and unfortunately they have an effect (on some voters) so it tends to lead us ever closer to American style nonsense when it comes to campaigns.

I think the childishness of the personal attack ads Harper likes to use, (every bit as bad as what Kim tried against Chretien so long ago) just leads us down this rathole once again, and unfortunately they have an effect (on some voters) so it tends to lead us ever closer to American style nonsense when it comes to campaigns.

And the Martin Liberals and the McWynnty Liberals. And Every public service union ever.

You just don't like it when people you disagree with do it.

I'm sure you'll be clapping your hands if you see a CUPE ad saying that Harper's re-election will mean the end of Canada as we know it.

And the Martin Liberals and the McWynnty Liberals. And Every public service union ever.

You just don't like it when people you disagree with do it.

I'm sure you'll be clapping your hands if you see a CUPE ad saying that Harper's re-election will mean the end of Canada as we know it.

Harper has already stated that himself, but I'm certainly not clapping my hands about it.