FHRITP: That's apparently a thing.

Boges

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, it just cost some goon in Calgary a $400 fine. Some people are willing to try and stop it. Evidently they don't have your support.

I'm saying it's a losing battle. It's the same reason I think that prostitution and marijuana should be legal.

I am curious how the reaction would differ if the phrase was FHRITA.

Would online lynch mob howl for blood with the same vigor? Somehow I doubt it.

Internet vigilantes are worse than the crime of rudeness.

You have an example of FHRITA?

No example so you make up one, make up a response and then straight to the conclusion!

You can pretty much accept anything when you make up imaginary scenarios to justify your beliefs.

WWWTT

This video holds a lot of answers.

I think it is a good start. At least reporters and these twits will know reporters aren't completely defencless. The cops in Calgary getting that guys license number and fining him $400 for stunting doesn't hurt either.

It's not that I defend the behaviour or would ever do it, it's just that I understand it. I've spent most of my life working with people who wouldn't hesitate to shout something they saw on youtube. I'm not so quick to call it what i know it isn't.

It's not that I defend the behaviour or would ever do it, it's just that I understand it. I've spent most of my life working with people who wouldn't hesitate to shout something they saw on youtube. I'm not so quick to call it what i know it isn't.

Don't the people on the receiving end have any say in what it means to them? Are you like GostHacked, willing to put up with any behaviour when you go out in public, as long as it stops short of torching cars and smashing windows?

I think it is a good start. At least reporters and these twits will know reporters aren't completely defencless. The cops in Calgary getting that guys license number and fining him $400 for stunting doesn't hurt either.

So, do you understand how and why they do it now? And, who they feel they are doing it to?

You can't solve a problem or change a behaviour if you don't understand what it is or why it's happening.

I thought you were just being difficult, but you really don't get it, do you?

I'm not interested in making excuses. This isn't some kind of addiction, medical condition or the act of people who have been socially or economically deprived.. It is simply a matter of people who have never been taught or required to respect others or use manners and it's damn well time they were.

I'm not interested in making excuses. This isn't some kind of addiction, medical condition or the act of people who have been socially or economically deprived.. It is simply a matter of people who have never been taught or required to respect others or use manners and it's damn well time they were.

You're right, it's not an addiction or medical condition.

However, my point remains!

^It has to do with people being jackasses not sexism, they are just imitating some youtube obnoxious jackass

They are adults so I take them at their word and the words they are using are sexist and insulting. You can cut them slack if you want. I won't.

Edited by Wilber

I'm willing to say that the behaviour isn't something I want, but I'm not willing to say that I can stop it.

Everybody can help stop it ... by not accepting it as 'normal'. It isn't.

It might be 'normal' for boys to engage in such talk privately ... 'locker room talk'.

It definitely isn't normal nor acceptable to sexually harass and victimize women publicly with such asinine behaviour.

Real men don't.