FHRITP: That's apparently a thing.

Boges

So where do you think this will lead? Do you really think this will end here? That the people pushing the limits with this won't push them even harder with their next stunt if people like you just shrug this off? Where is your limit? Is it really torchng cars and breaking widows?

I suppose if he walked up to her and squeezed her boob or slid his hand down her pants, that might be going too far for some of these people.

Then there's others who would just shrug at that as a harmless prank too.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't understand it because you can't wrap your head around the fact that this is abusive.

This isn't abusive. I know where it came from. Some of you are just too old to remember being young and stupid (though, to be fair, some people never stop being stupid...such as the people yelling out FHRITP to a camera). Anyway, if you ever actually have a chance to work with people who have social and behavioural issues, you might understand.

We were talking about what these people should be punished for. How do we social engineer this out of people (we can't).

Of course you can. You do what any responsible parent would do. Tell them it is unacceptable, if it continues there will be consequences and make sure there are.

That's not social engineering, it's teaching the difference between right and wrong and insisting on a minimum standard of behaviour.

This isn't abusive. I know where it came from. Some of you are just too old to remember being young and stupid (though, to be fair, some people never stop being stupid...such as the people yelling out FHRITP to a camera). Anyway, if you ever actually have a chance to work with people who have social and behavioural issues, you might understand.

When are you going to understand it is the act itself that is abusive.

There is no right to offend and there is a right to be offended.

So are you another who will tolerate anything short of physical violence when you go out in public?

There is a right to offend. It's called freedom of speech/expression. Perhaps it is curtailed, wrongly in my opinion, by some laws. Hate speech laws for instance.

There is no right to not be offended. That is only as far as I'm aware, I have to admit. If there is one that I don't know about, it's wrong.

Why would it end here if people like you keep allowing the standard of not being offended to go lower. "Well, if that doesn't offend you any more, try this on for size"

This trend will end. However, if the past is any indication of the future (and it always is), it'll be replaced with something else.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question and still no takers, so I have to assume these guys have none.

In one post GostHacked tells us his personal standards of behaviour in public are high, yet in others he says he finds these acts "damn hilarious" and he hopes South Park takes this up. How am I supposed to take this other than to think he would love to do this but doesn't have the guts?

I don't know what the question was but I find their behaviour deplorable. It is the result of a society where every child is special, every pronunciation is met with approval and discipline is not allowed under any circumstances. These vomit inducers actually think they are funny. They really do.

I would like to see them disciplined with a cricket bat, but I realize that's illegal.

However, that said, I could not agree to any government sanction for something that is just offensive.

I don't know what the question was but I find their behaviour deplorable. It is the result of a society where every child is special, every pronunciation is met with approval and discipline is not allowed under any circumstances. These vomit inducers actually think they are funny. They really do.

I would like to see them disciplined with a cricket bat, but I realize that's illegal.

However, that said, I could not agree to any government sanction for something that is just offensive.

So you can't sanction them when they are young and you won't sanction them when they are adults. How can you say you aren't part of theproblem?

So you can't sanction them when they are young and you won't sanction them when they are adults. How can you say you aren't part of theproblem?

I didn't say I wouldn't, I said it would be illegal. I would like to.

The government, though, should not be able to. After all, you only want that option because you find it particularly offensive. What if it was something you didn't find offensive, but others did?

My position is common, I imagine, among those who support freedom of speech. It's not just for the speech you like.

I didn't say I wouldn't, I said it would be illegal. I would like to.

The government, though, should not be able to. After all, you only want that option because you find it particularly offensive. What if it was something you didn't find offensive, but others did?

My position is common, I imagine, among those who support freedom of speech. It's not just for the speech you like.

So the abusers get to dictate what is offensive.

So the abusers get to dictate what is offensive.

Anyone can. I didn't say there should be no consequences. One lost his job. His employer is not obligated to keep him on.

Just no laws proscribing, that's all.