FHRITP: That's apparently a thing.

Boges

I guess this new forum needs a rape culture thread. :unsure:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/hydro-one-employee-fired-after-yelling-fhritp-at-citynews-reporter-shauna-hunt-1.3070948

A Hydro One employee has been fired for hurling obscenities at a Toronto reporter, after video of her confronting her hecklers went viral.

"Hydro One is taking steps to terminate the employee for violating our code of conduct," said Hydro One's director of corporate affairs Daffyd Roderick in a statement. "Respect for all people is engrained in the code and our values. We are committed to a work environment where discrimination or harassment of any type is met with zero tolerance."

Shauna Hunt of CityNews was the latest woman targeted by a boorish trend known as FHRITP heckling, when a group of men shouted sexually explicit comments into her microphone as she tried to cover a Toronto FC soccer game.

FHRITP stands for f--k her right in the p---y.

But Hunt decided to confront the aggressors.

http://www.dailydot.com/sports/jameis-winston-fhritp-suspension/

Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is sitting out the first half of Saturday’s game against Clemson after shouting an obscene Internet meme on campus Tuesday.

You know the one. It’s called FHRITP, for “[blank] her right in the [blank].”

According to various accounts from fellow students, Winston was seen standing on a table on the Florida State campus shouting FHRITP on Tuesday. It’s made plenty ofappearances since an Internet hoax went viral a few months back, but now it’s even reached the college football circuit with a Heisman Trophy winner getting in on the fun.

Lmaoo Jameis Winston standing on a table in the middle of campus and screaming fuck her right in the pussy >>> #gonoles

— randy (@shake_yo_booDEE) September 16, 2014

Is this the new state of misogyny? I guess it's all part of that rape culture we've been debating on this site.

Can't say I oppose harsh penalties for people who are dumb enough to say such horrid things in public.

So in a society where tolerance is preached EVERYWHERE! and public shaming is commonplace, how are people that have been raised in such a culture think this kind of stuff is OK?

Edited by Boges

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phrase. The people shouting it and interrupting an interview are doing it wrong though. You're supposed to slip it in when asked a question on live TV.

This is how it's done (language warning):

Edited by Bryan

Kingston Police responded to the situation on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/kingstonpolice/status/597975780379987968

https://twitter.com/kingstonpolice/status/597986885454147585

@kingstonpolice: Our media partners should not have to deal with #FHRITP. Cause Disturbance seems to apply. http://www.citynews.ca/2015/05/11/citynews-shauna-hunt-confronts-men-fhritp-vulgarities/

They appended an image of the "causing a disturbance" section of the CCC, as well as an image of the case law decisions that causing a disturbance is a reasonable limit on freedom of expression.

Their second Tweet reads as follows.

@kingstonpolice: @VodkaAcide Isn't "boys will be boys" a weak excuse for public sexual harassment? Should we not strive to do better and be better than that?

Edited by cybercoma

If police are really going to interpret "causing a disturbance" that literally, they'll have to cancel all public sporting events and concerts in perpetuity. Lots of yelling, singing, etc going on at this events, much of it quite loud.

The dude should be fired for sure, I wonder what his union (assuming he's in a union) will do.

Atheletes have been slipping words and phrases into interviews for years on dares or bets, this seems to be an extension of that - pretty juvenile, but it'll fade out just like the 'kick a ginger" stuff.

I've seen this around the internet for months, and I find it pretty pathetic that anybody over the age of 12 finds it funny. As internet fads go, it's stupider than planking, but not quite on a par with filming videos of your buddies smashing stuff in convenience stores.

Why would somebody want to go on TV and announce to the entire city what a gigantic loser they are? Apparently so that they can get the video on Reddit so that the entire world will know what a gigantic loser they are.

I don't know if it's something they should be fired over, but I can't say I feel terribly sorry for them either.

-k

I am curious how the reaction would differ if the phrase was FHRITA.

Would online lynch mob howl for blood with the same vigor? Somehow I doubt it.

Internet vigilantes are worse than the crime of rudeness.

Edited by TimG

I am curious how the reaction would differ if the phrase was FHRITA.

Would online lynch mob howl for blood with the same vigor? Somehow I doubt it.

Internet vigilantes are worse than the crime of rudeness.

You get back to us when mooks start ambushing male reporters and shouting FHRITA at them during their news segments.

-k

You get back to us when mooks start ambushing male reporters and shouting FHRITA at them during their news segments.

Progressives fairly regularly shout down speakers they do not agree with by saying rude things and by otherwise being jerks. Why is this any different?

Seems to me the mob reaction is the same has it has been for 1000s of years. Isolate a victim guilty of some social crime and attack. In past the victims were outsiders of various sorts (childless women, gays, jews, etc). Now it is largely thought crimes that will trigger the self righteous mob. Same vicious mentality. Only the victims change. The main difference is people are supposed to know better today.

Edited by TimG

Progressives fairly regularly shout down speakers they do not agree with by saying rude things and by otherwise being jerks. Why is this any different?

This isn't shouting down speakers they don't agree with (which I also despise, btw). Rather it's just harassing a female reporter for being female.

-k

This isn't shouting down speakers they don't agree with (which I also despise, btw). Rather it's just harassing a female reporter for being female.

The guy was a jerk and his behavoir was bad. The issue is not everyone who is caught acting badly in public is subject to the mob vengeance. Only certain people unlucky enough to be rude in a certain ways. This selectively and hypocrisy grates on me.

The guy was a jerk and his behavoir was bad. The issue is not everyone who is caught acting badly in public is subject to the mob vengeance. Only certain people unlucky enough to be rude in a certain ways. This selectively and hypocrisy grates on me.

It grates on me sometimes as well, but not this time. It's time these morons got called out. It's Karma that they get their comeuppance from the same media they try to exploit.

Edited by Wilber

I think people are making a deal out of nothing, people say dirty jokes like this all the time. I've seen lots of women saying it too. Its not just guys. Its vulgar but a little bit funny too. And the reason it happens to mostly female reporters is because most reproters on major outlets in the field are females and men don't whine about that.

PS. people are wrong here, the guy who said f-h-r-i-t-p was not fired, he was not even punished, the guy who was fired simply said he thought it was funny. He was being grilled for having a poor sense of humor and fired, seems pretty lame and excessive, people can't control their emotions, and shouldn't be fired for laughing at vulgar comments.

People apparently find different actions different degrees of upsetting. Crazy, huh?

For example, I bet people would have been twice as mad if this guy had been shouting racial slurs at a non-white reporter, or anti-Semitic slurs at a Jewish reporter. At the very least, people wouldn't be trying to defend it as "kind of funny" or "boys being boys".

-k

Edited by kimmy

Its vulgar but a little bit funny too.

To 12 year olds...

And the reason it happens to mostly female reporters is because most reproters on major outlets in the field are females and men don't whine about that.

I think you're full of it, but I'm open to being proven wrong. Tell you what. There's a lot of FHRITP video clips on the internet. If you can find one where it happens to a male reporter, I'll concede that you're right.

-k

I think people are making a deal out of nothing, people say dirty jokes like this all the time. I've seen lots of women saying it too.

???

Its not just guys. Its vulgar but a little bit funny too.

Not the least bit funny and entirely unattractive.

But hey ... if losers want to make themselves even more unattractive to women ... !

I don't understand why some people would find this funny, nor why anyone would have any desire to do this. Maybe it's because I am asexual. Can someone enlighten me?

I guess this new forum needs a rape culture thread. :unsure:

1. Could you please define 'rape culture'?

2. Could you explain how a few idiots acting like jerks demonstrates the existence of this 'rape culture', rather than just demonstrates that there are some idiots/jerks out there? Does a few jihadists terrorists mean that Canada has a 'jihad culture'?

So in a society where tolerance is preached EVERYWHERE! and public shaming is commonplace, how are people that have been raised in such a culture think this kind of stuff is OK?

Alcohol maybe? Idk. Society is very inhomogeneous.