FHRITP: That's apparently a thing.

Boges

What exactly was it he said that warranted him getting fired? From what I understand, it was his buddy that made the offensive comment, he just said he found it funny. I guess possessing a bad sense of humor is enough to get you fired these days.

It wouldn't surprise me if this guy is currently looking for a good labour lawyer.

Well it appears that there are two kinds of reactions to this 'stunt' ... those who see sexual harassment as harmful to people, and those who see harmful sexual harassment as 'funny' ... then don't understand why they lose their job.

:lol: Now THAT'S funny! :lol:

Edited by jacee

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm judging his actions, it's you guys who are trying to rationalize his thoughts.

You aren't a women who just told a man to not judge women's emotions. You're still wrong though.

My fiancee loves the line and goes around saying it all the time. I know what it's about, and the intention is not malicious.

Edited by Smallc

You aren't a women who just told a man to not judge women's emotions. You're still wrong though.

My fiancee loves the line and goes around saying it all the time. I know what it's about, and the intention is not malicious.

There hasn't been one woman post on this topic who agrees with you. Glad she's your fiancee.

Well it appears that there are two kinds of reactions to this 'stunt' ... those who see sexual harassment as harmful to people, and those who see harmful sexual harassment as 'funny' ... then don't understand why they lose their job.

For the other morons out there, this same lawyer says an employer doesn't really need to give a reason for fireing someone as long as they give notice. The best this guy could hope for is some severance.

Well, I'm glad we agree on some of that at least. What I don't understand is your assertion that this particular phrase wasn't created for the express reason of being offensive to women and the morons repeating it aren't doing it for the same reason.

And others have the right to hold them accountable for what they say by using their freedoms, including employers firing their asses.

Is it offensive to women, maybe, but which part of it is, I don't get it. But I seen women say it and men say it to male reporters. I think it is just being obnoxious.

I wouldn't expect women to understand what men think. You, I would.

Well you don't seem to understand what this man thinks so I will tell you. What is said between couples and friends in private is their business but when one of them starts shouting obscenities in public or at cameras, it becomes the business of everyone who is forced to listen to them. I would not want to be associated with such a person in any way and they would only be my fiancee or employee until I found out about it.

Is it offensive to women, maybe, but which part of it is, I don't get it. But I seen women say it and men say it to male reporters. I think it is just being obnoxious.

You don't have to get it and because it is just being obnoxious to you, doesn't mean it isn't much more to someone else. Why can't you just respect that?

You don't have to get it and because it is just being obnoxious to you, doesn't mean it isn't much more to someone else. Why can't you just respect that?

I can respect you find it offensive, I can't agree its sexist if I don't understand how

The fact you don't have a pussy and have never been called her should give you some sort of clue.

Do you know where FHRITP came from? It was a youtube and Facebook video that became famous. People are being idiots and copying it. That's it.

Do you know where FHRITP came from? It was a youtube and Facebook video that became famous. People are being idiots and copying it. That's it.

This is just another form of the "boys will be boys" argument. Expect better. Hold them accountable.

Now, I'm not gonna watch all the videos - for obvious reasons, but in this video, I counted 43 FHRITP's. 22 with a female reporter and 21 with a male reporter. That tells me that these guys (and 2 girls) are not targeting female reporters, in fact they're mostly drunks and people just walking by.

EXACTLY. So it does not seem to be directed at women reporters at all. The media does not seem to be playing it as if it happens to both males and females. Only taking the female slant side. I guess anything to get people debating what colour a freakin dress is. People who get offended when drunk people flip off needs to have their head checked.

I still think it's damn hilarious. At least they are not torching cars and breaking windows.

Forgive me for this .. but.. where else WOULD one (acronym placed here)

This is just another form of the "boys will be boys" argument. Expect better. Hold them accountable.

They will be though. They always have been. Hold them accountable if you like, but it's about as effective as the current criminality of marijuana.

They will be though. They always have been. Hold them accountable if you like, but it's about as effective as the current criminality of marijuana.

What a pathetic defeatist attitude. Don't excuse this behaviour or you're part of the problem.

What a pathetic defeatist attitude. Don't excuse this behaviour or you're part of the problem.

What a ridiculous cliche! Sure , I think the dude making the vibrator comment should've been fired, but just because we don't get our panties in a knot overtime some screams "sexism", doesn't mean we are the problem. I place this in the category of "1st world problems".

What a ridiculous cliche! Sure , I think the dude making the vibrator comment should've been fired, but just because we don't get our panties in a knot overtime some screams "sexism", doesn't mean we are the problem. I place this in the category of "1st world problems".

You, GostHacked and smallc have no standards of behaviour that you are willing to defend, makes you very much the problem.

You, GostHacked and smallc have no standards of behaviour that you are willing to defend, makes you very much the problem.

I'm willing to say that the behaviour isn't something I want, but I'm not willing to say that I can stop it.