FHRITP: That's apparently a thing.

Boges

Ok, if we can accept that the numbers of women to men reporters are pretty close, then we have to accept that it's not sexism toward the reporter.

No we don't because we don't know what is in their head when they do it. What is obvious is that they chose a phrase deliberately intended to be offensive to women, not men.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do men always try to redefine sexism when women point it out?

Who is defining sexism here? Who gets to define and who should be allowed to be the authoritative definer, these are all good questions. If we don't agree on a definition of what sexism is, then we wouldn't agree on its occurence. a drunk guy/girl yelling vulgarities like penis vagina p---- c---k etc. to me, don't represent sexism to me, it represents low brow humour.

Does it matter why? You have a number of women in this thread and elsewhere who have said it's extremely offensive. It doesn't matter if you get it or not.

Yes it certainly does. Because I don't see it your way, and much of society doesn't. If you expect us to accept your view as the norm, it certainly should matter why. If you have a problem with me yelling out FHRITP infront of my employees, and you want to work in my business, you sure as hell better have a reason. And lots of things are offensive to people today who are often so easily offended.

Are you trolling? Seriously? It's offensive to anyone with a shred of class. It's verbal assault to a woman.

There is verbal assault now???

So you've never heard a rape joke or known anyone who's been raped.

I've only heard rape jokes directed at men and prison rape.

No? What does the term "pussy" mean to you when used in the same sentence as the F word?

fhritp to me means stick a penis in a vagina. Its funny because it is true.

Ok, if we can accept that the numbers of women to men reporters are pretty close, then we have to accept that it's not sexism toward the reporter.

No because it doesn't allow me to play the victim Hal, I have the right to play the victim for being a woman, despite the fact that most homeless are men, women outnumber men in middle management jobs, general employment and university degrees and have special laws in their favour and get special affirmative action.

No we don't because we don't know what is in their head when they do it. What is obvious is that they chose a phrase deliberately intended to be offensive to women, not men.

How do you know what it is intended to be offensive to? Its a stretch to call it sexist, sexism requires some malise, they aren't even saying it to anyone person in particular, they are just copying some internet dude who made a dumb joke. A dumb joke isn't always sexist, sometimes its just a dumb joke.

Do you believe men's lives revolve entirely around what women find attractive? If so you are very very mistaken. Its often the opposite. Men in general operate with complete oblivion of how to attract women save for a handful of ladies men. And I assure no such man would be going to a sports game. Typically they are more interested in woman than being a soccer hooligan.

I think you missed the point. Let me be clear:

Pathetic losers who go around yelling ugly things at women are obviously angry and frustrated at not getting laid.

They could improve their quality of life and relationships if they behaved with a bit of class.

How do you know what it is intended to be offensive to? Its a stretch to call it sexist, sexism requires some malise, they aren't even saying it to anyone person in particular, they are just copying some internet dude who made a dumb joke. A dumb joke isn't always sexist, sometimes its just a dumb joke.

So you are saying these are people who never got past the stage of being five year old's who parrot profanity they don't understand just because they heard someone laugh at it.

Sometimes jokes are dumb because they are ignorant and offensive.

So you are saying these are people who never got past the stage of being five year old's who parrot profanity they don't understand just because they heard someone laugh at it.

In this case, the offensiveness is the entire point of the joke.

Pathetic losers who go around yelling ugly things at women are obviously angry and frustrated at not getting laid.

They could improve their quality of life and relationships if they behaved with a bit of class.

The man who yelled fhritp didn't even get in any trouble, just the guy who lauged at and went on camera to say he thought it was funny did.

And maybe they are angry and frustrated at not getting laid. I don't know, nor do I have proof of it or not.

I don't know the hottest women I known have always been attracted to pathetic losers with a bunch of tattoos on their head, often jobless, and yes indeed low class. In fact many "good men" complain about this type of female behaviour. from my knowledge it is the good men who have the most trouble with women and the jerks seem to have no problem and often have females fighting over them.

Yes. agreed.

In this case, the offensiveness is the entire point of the joke.

I'm not even sure what the point of it is other than being a jerk. I'd say its annoying, but people have right to free speech and act like a fool.

Yelling FHRITP is not harassment nor a threat.

Criminal harassment
  • 264. (1) No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed, engage in conduct referred to in subsection (2) that causes that other person reasonably, in all the circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to them.

• Marginal note:Prohibited conduct

(2) The conduct mentioned in subsection (1) consists of

• (a) repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;

• (b) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or anyone known to them;

• (c) besetting or watching the dwelling-house, or place where the other person, or anyone known to them, resides, works, carries on business or happens to be; or

• (d) engaging in threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of their family.

Maybe point d, but again, you have to prove it is threatening, and the comment isn't even directed at the reporter, its directed towards the camera! And the guy who is being grilled isn't the one who said fhritp, it is the guy who lauged and said it was funny. Its not a threat to say dumb things. Now if he said I want to rape you or I want to f you right in the p then that would certainly be a threat. But a comment at a camera, isn't a threat. this is a comment directed at an audience to be disruptive and stupid.

Yes. agreed.

Well, I'm glad we agree on some of that at least. What I don't understand is your assertion that this particular phrase wasn't created for the express reason of being offensive to women and the morons repeating it aren't doing it for the same reason.

I'm not even sure what the point of it is other than being a jerk. I'd say its annoying, but people have right to free speech and act like a fool.

And others have the right to hold them accountable for what they say by using their freedoms, including employers firing their asses. Edited by Wilber

Just because someone is within earshot, doesn't mean you're addressing them. They're clearly not shouting that at the reporter. You do realize that right?

A reporter is in front of the camera and they're shouting at the camera. Not much of a stretch they're talking about her.

Definitely on the stupider side of behaviour in front of a camera.

But they probably won't mate and procreate. :)

Oh, they'll do both. They're both good looking and are making decent money. It doesn't matter how stupid they are. They won't have any difficulties finding mates. It's not like women have, over the years, shown a determination to stay away from assholes. There isn't a serial killer in prison who doesn't have legions of adoring female fans eager to bear his children.

Edited by Argus

That's a huge stretch considering the amount of men that get it. Why don't they say FHRITA when a male is reporting?

If all they want to do is say something obscene why make it that? There's lots of things that are obscene that don't sound threatening. They could shout "Hey, I'm a big asshole!" for instance.

Pathetic losers - likely! Angry and frustrated - doubtful! You guys (Argus, Wilber, Cyber etc) are assigning too much thought into these people.

It is probably a situation of "Dare me to..." or "I'll give you 20 bucks to do the pussy comment", with alcohol probably playing a part in most instances.

Have you ever seen "Fubar", "Trailer park boys" or "Myrtle Manor" or even any of the "fail" videos on youtube? That's the mentality we're dealing with here. I've seen guys acting rude, obnoxious and offensive many times, I've seen many a bachelorette party degenerate into obnoxious "sexism" too. I don't read anything more into it that drunken obnoxious people.

If all they want to do is say something obscene why make it that? There's lots of things that are obscene that don't sound threatening. They could shout "Hey, I'm a big asshole!" for instance.

"Hey, Argus is a big asshole". You're right, that does sound better! :P

Edited by Hal 9000

Cops managed to charge him.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/calgary-man-charged-with-shouting-obscenity-at-female-reporter-1.2374724

Calgary police have charged a man with hurling vulgarities at a female journalist while,

ironically, covering the bad behaviour of hockey fans.

The man, who has not been named, faces a charge of stunting under the Traffic Safety Act.

About a $500 fine.

Pathetic losers - likely! Angry and frustrated - doubtful! You guys (Argus, Wilber, Cyber etc) are assigning too much thought into these people.

It is probably a situation of "Dare me to..." or "I'll give you 20 bucks to do the pussy comment", with alcohol probably playing a part in most instances.

Have you ever seen "Fubar", "Trailer park boys" or "Myrtle Manor" or even any of the "fail" videos on youtube? That's the mentality we're dealing with here. I've seen guys acting rude, obnoxious and offensive many times, I've seen many a bachelorette party degenerate into obnoxious "sexism" too. I don't read anything more into it that drunken obnoxious people.

And why would any of that make it less offensive to women?

Then why do you just blow it off as drunken behaviour? No big deal.

He blows it off because that's his thing. Hal has come back to attack threads that seek to fight for women's rights. That is his MO. I'm not sure why he does it. It's a head scratcher to me. There is so much wrong with his logic that it's tiring to even think of a response.

He blows it off because that's his thing. Hal has come back to attack threads that seek to fight for women's rights. That is his MO. I'm not sure why he does it. It's a head scratcher to me. There is so much wrong with his logic that it's tiring to even think of a response.

Thank goodness you're back, I was getting worried.

Maybe you could share your thoughts?

Well, he says it is offensive but no one should be offended because it is just drunken behaviour. I'm confused. It's also pretty clear that in a lot of these incidents, the perpetrators are clearly not drunk and their actions were premeditated.

This isn't a womens rights issue to me, it's about rationalizing behaviour that is completely unacceptable for any reason.

'