Canada's 150 year logo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of like it - art is always subjective with opinions all aver the map.....but I think this is a good mix of colour and our Maple Leaf. I certainly don't think it's ugly.....and think how proud the contest winner is. And hey - look - it's not monopolized by the usual Conservative Blue.

There is symbolism in almost every logo.

Ariana Cuvin, a second-year student in the University of Waterloo’s global business and digital arts program, said the diamonds and colours in her design are not representative of anything in particular. “I just wanted to go with something very simple,” she said

Why would a party with absolutely no respect for the arts pay someone in the creative industries an honest and fair wage for their work?

The art student that won the design contest received $5000..........If the Government had given a private design firm a contract, people would be bitching & moaning about that.......

I'm sure the young lady that did win, and her family, are very proud.....

The art student that won the design contest received $5000..........If the Government had given a private design firm a contract, people would be bitching & moaning about that.......

I'm sure the young lady that did win, and her family, are very proud.....

Good for her. And all the other people that spent time designing logos they got to choose from?

They should really just have a poll asking the simple question: How eager are you to buy a shirt with this logo on it on a scale of 1 to 10?

Personally, I would say a 2, and that is being generous. Not something I would go out of my way to wear at all.

Why would a party with absolutely no respect for the arts pay someone in the creative industries an honest and fair wage for their work?

Especially when there are all those students around you can exploit. The gal herself states the design wasnt really meant to mean anything. Its only the countries anniversary...nobody cares, do they...

Why the hell does Canada need a "symbol" for 150 years? This reminds me of Harley Davidson...the 100th anniversary editions were kinda cool...until the 105th anniversary editions were released...and then the 110th anniversary editions.....

What a waste - not the 5k paid to the student (good for her). I mean the amount of cash that will be spent from this point on promoting this crap.