Old Wine in New Bottles - Holocaust & Anti-Zionism

jbg

The British were warned in advance of the King David Hotel assault. The hotel did house many British troops and assets. They refused to clear it since "they don't take orders from Jews." It was nothing like an unheralded attack on a purely civilian target.

That's great. jbg is here, excusing terrorists and terrorism, because, to him, Jews should receive special consideration. Here is a list of terrorist attacks by the terrorist group, Irgun:

List of Irgun attacks 1937-1948 Date Casualties References 1937, March 2 Arabs killed on Bat Yam beach. [12] 1937, November 14 10 Arabs killed by Irgun units launching attacks around Jerusalem, ("Black Sunday") [13][14] 1938, April 12 2 Arabs and 2 British policemen were killed by a bomb in a train in Haifa. [14] 1938, April 17 1 Arab was killed by a bomb detonated in a cafe in Haifa [14] 1938, May 17 1 Arab policeman was killed in an attack on a bus in the Jerusalem-Hebron road. [14] 1938, May 24 3 Arabs were shot and killed in Haifa. [14] 1938, June 23 2 Arabs were killed near Tel Aviv. [14] 1938, June 26 7 Arabs were killed by a bomb in Jaffa. [14] 1938, June 27 1 Arab was killed in the yard of a hospital in Haifa. [14] 1938, June (late) Unspecified number of Arabs killed by a bomb that was thrown into a crowded Arab market place in Jerusalem. [15] 1938, July 5 7 Arabs were killed in several shooting attacks in Tel Aviv. [14] 1938, July 5 3 Arabs were killed by a bomb detonated in a bus in Jerusalem. [14] 1938, July 5 1 Arab was killed in another attack in Jerusalem. [14] 1938, July 6 18 Arabs and 5 Jews were killed by two simultaneous bombs in the Arab melon market in Haifa. More than 60 people were wounded. [14][16][17] 1938, July 8 4 Arabs were killed by a bomb in Jerusalem. [14] 1938, July 16 10 Arabs were killed by a bomb at a marketplace in Jerusalem. [14] 1938, July 25 43 Arabs were killed by a bomb at a marketplace in Haifa. [14][18] 1938, August 26 24 Arabs were killed by a bomb at a marketplace in Jaffa. [14] 1939, February 27 33 Arabs were killed in multiple attacks, incl. 24 by bomb in Arab market in Suk Quarter of Haifa and 4 by bomb in Arab vegetable market in Jerusalem. [19] 1939, May 29 5 Arabs were killed by a mine detonated at the Rex cinema in Jerusalem. [14] 1939, May 29 5 Arabs were shot and killed during a raid on the village of Biyar 'Adas. [14] 1939, June 2 5 Arabs were killed by a bomb at the Jaffa Gate in Jerusalem. [14][20] 1939, June 12 1 British bomb expert trying to defuse the bombs killed, during a post office in Jerusalem was bombing [14] 1939, June 16 6 Arabs were killed in several attacks in Jerusalem. [14] 1939, June 19 20 Arabs were killed by explosives mounted on a donkey at a marketplace in Haifa. [14][21] 1939, June 29 13 Arabs were killed in several shooting attacks around Jaffa during a one-hour period. [14][22] 1939, June 30 1 Arab was killed at a marketplace in Jerusalem. [14] 1939, June 30 2 Arabs were shot and killed in Lifta. [14] 1939, July 3 1 Arab was killed by a bomb at a marketplace in Haifa. [14][23] 1939, July 4 2 Arabs were killed in two attacks in Jerusalem. [14] 1939, July 20 1 Arab was killed at a train station in Jaffa. [14] 1939, July 20 6 Arabs were killed in several attacks in Tel Aviv. [14] 1939, July 20 3 Arabs were killed in Rehovot. [14] 1939, August 27 2 British officers were killed by a mine in Jerusalem. [14] 1944, September 27 Unknown number of casualties, around 150 Irgun members attacked four British police stations [24] 1944, September 29 1 Senior British police officer of the Criminal Intelligence Department assassinated in Jerusalem. [24] 1945, November 1 5 locomotives destroyed in Lydda station. Two staff, one soldier and one policeman killed. [25] 1945, December 27 3 British policemen and 4 Sotho soldiers killed during the bombing of British CID headquarters in Jerusalem; 1 British soldier killed during attack of British army camp in north Tel Aviv [26][27] 1946, February 22 Destroyed 14 aeroplanes at 5 RAF stations. [28] 1946, July 22 91 people were killed at King David Hotel bombing mostly civilians, staff of the hotel or Secretariat,

41 Arabs, 15-28 British citizens, 17 Palestinian Jews, 2 Armenians, 1 Russian, 1 Greek and 1 Egyptian. [29][30][31] 1946, October 30 2 British guards killed during Gunfire and explosion at Jerusalem Railway Station. [32] 1946, October 31 Bombing of the British Embassy in Rome. Nearly half the building was destroyed and 3 people were injured. [33] 1947, January 12 4 killed in bombing of British headquarters. [34] 1947, March 1 17 British officers killed, during raid and explosion. [35] 1947, March 12 1 British soldier killed during the attack on Schneller Camp. [35] 1947, July 19 4 locations within Haifa are attacked, killing a British constable and injuring 12. [36] 1947, July 29 2 kidnapped British sergeants hanged. [37] 1947, September 26 4 British policemen killed in Irgun bank robbery. [34] 1947, September 29 13 killed, 53 wounded in attack on British police station. [34] 1947, December 11 13 killed in attack on Tireh, near Haifa [38] 1947, December 12 20 killed, 5 wounded by barrel bomb at Damascus Gate. [39] 1947, December 13 6 killed, 25 wounded by bombs outside Alhambra Cinema. [40] 1947, December 13 5 killed, 47 wounded by two bombs at Damascus Gate. [40] 1947, December 13 7 killed, 10 seriously injured in attack on al-'Abbasiyya. [40] 1947, December 16(ca) 10 killed by bomb at Noga Cinema in Jaffa. [41] 1947, December 29 14 Arabs killed by bomb in Jerusalem. [34][42] 1947, December 30 6 Arabs killed and, 42 injured by grenades at Haifa refinery, precipitating the Haifa Oil Refinery massacre, which lead to the Balad al-Shaykh massacre. [43] 1948, January 1 2 Arabs killed and 9 injured by shooting attack on cafe in Jaffa. [44] 1948, January 5 14 Arabs killed and 19 injured by truck bomb outside the 3-storey 'Serrani', Jaffa's built Ottoman Town Hall [45] 1948, January 7 20 Arabs killed by bomb at Jaffa Gate. [46][47] 1948, February 10 7 Arabs killed near Ras el Ain after selling cows in Tel Aviv [48] 1948, February 18 12 Arabs killed and 43 wounded at a marketplace in Ramla [49] 1948, March 1 20 Britons killed and 30 wounded in the Bevingrad Officers Club bombing [50] 1948, April 9-April 11 107-120 Arabs killed and massacred (the estimate generally accepted by scholars, instead the first announced number of 254) during and after the battle at the village of Deir Yassinnear Jerusalem, by 132 Irgun and 60 Lehi fighters. [51][52][53][54][55] 1948, April 6 7 British soldiers, including Commanding Officer, killed during an arms raid on Pardes Hanna Army camp.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great. jbg is here, excusing terrorists and terrorism, because, to him, Jews should receive special consideration. Here is a list of terrorist attacks by the terrorist group, Irgun:

We're making progress. Can you show taht these attacks targeted civilians?

We're making progress. Can you show taht these attacks targeted civilians?

First of all, mostly civilians were killed at the King David hotel. If you're trying to whitewash and excuse the bombing of the hotel by Irgun, a terrorist group, then I really don't think we have anything to talk about. You want to support terrorism, that's your decision. I don't have time for people like you.

Also, I just gave you a LONG list of Irgun attacks where marketplaces and many other locations were bombed and civilians were killed.

If you want to excuse those, consider this my last post to you.

To drummindiver - I would appreciate to if/when you refer to something I wrote that you be accurate. In context of the post to which you refer I said "They see to complain more". If you feel they complain too much then that is your view and I suggest you take ownership of that view. I assume that you understand the difference between "more" and "too much"?

Hey Big Guy. Your whole statement clearly, ahem, states that Jews,by comparison (and without any backing evidence I may add...just your, ah, personal opinion) bitched more than any other ethnicity.

If you are suggesting that you are not meaning "too much", how very ingenuous of you to slander an entire race of ppl without taking any ownership.

It's useful to do a bit of research before coming in here trying to tell people they're wrong.

Before the mostly European Jews migrated to Palestine, the population of Jews in Palestine was less than 10% of the total population.

First Zionist Aliyah: 1882 - 1903 | 35000, majority from Russia

Second: 1904 - 1914 | 40000, majority from Russia

Third: 1919 - 1923 | 40000, majority from Eastern Europe

Fourth: 1924 - 1929 | 82000, majority from Poland and Hungary

Fifth: 1929 - 1939 | 250000, majority from Eastern Europe and Germany

Hey Marcus, thanks for sharing your Wikipedia info.

Here are some stats.

http://www.cjpmo.org/DisplayDocument.aspx?DocumentID=18

The British were warned in advance of the King David Hotel assault. The hotel did house many British troops and assets. They refused to clear it since "they don't take orders from Jews." It was nothing like an unheralded attack on a purely civilian target.

I don't know much about these specific cases, I'm just reading what's listed on Wikipedia.

What about this one?:

The Haifa Massacre - 25/7/1938 A car bomb was planted by the Irgun Zionist gang in an Arab market in Haifa which killed 35 Arab civilians and wounded 70

This just goes to show that it's impossible to say "Israelis/Zionists are just, and Arab Palestinians are unjust" and vice versa. Those kinds of opinions are lazy and are much too generalizing and even stereotyping. There are so many different people and groups who would identify as Zionists/Israelis or Arab Palestinians who have a wide variety of views and behave differently. ie: Right-wing hawkish Jewish Israelis vs dovish ones etc., and many differences between those as well. There are murderous a-holes who are Zionists just as there are murderous a-holes who are Arab Palestinian. There's also Zionists committed to peace the same as there are peaceful, non-violent Palestinian Arabs. IMO it's the a-holes that ruin it for everyone, the "spoilers" they call them.

I don't know much about these specific cases, I'm just reading what's listed on Wikipedia.

What about this one?:

The Haifa Massacre - 25/7/1938 A car bomb was planted by the Irgun Zionist gang in an Arab market in Haifa which killed 35 Arab civilians and wounded 70

This just goes to show that it's impossible to say "Israelis/Zionists are just, and Arab Palestinians are unjust" and vice versa. Those kinds of opinions are lazy and are much too generalizing and even stereotyping. There are so many different people and groups who would identify as Zionists/Israelis or Arab Palestinians who have a wide variety of views and behave differently. ie: Right-wing hawkish Jewish Israelis vs dovish ones etc., and many differences between those as well. There are murderous a-holes who are Zionists just as there are murderous a-holes who are Arab Palestinian. There's also Zionists committed to peace the same as there are peaceful, non-violent Palestinian Arabs. IMO it's the a-holes that ruin it for everyone, the "spoilers" they call them.

Even assuming the accuracy of this account, you are taking a one-off incident during a war and generalizing it. The Arabs could have had peace at any time. They are suffering for their leaders' shortsightedness.

Even assuming the accuracy of this account, you are taking a one-off incident during a war and generalizing it.

I'm trying to get you to meet me halfway, but to no avail I suppose. Ironically, seems pretty consistent with your views on the Israel/Palestine conflict, and the problem with much of the conflict as a whole.

How am I generalizing it? There's a whole list I linked to, and then pasted by another poster, that includes incidents of Zionists committing terrorist acts against civilians. How is throwing hand grenades into markets and detonating car bombs etc. in public places not acts of terrorism? These kinds of Zionists are enemies to your goals too, condemn their actions instead of trying to dance around and ignore them.

I'm trying to get you to meet me halfway, but to no avail I suppose. Ironically, seems pretty consistent with your views on the Israel/Palestine conflict, and the problem with much of the conflict as a whole.

How am I generalizing it? There's a whole list I linked to, and then pasted by another poster, that includes incidents of Zionists committing terrorist acts against civilians. How is throwing hand grenades into markets and detonating car bombs etc. in public places not acts of terrorism? These kinds of Zionists are enemies to your goals too, condemn their actions instead of trying to dance around and ignore them.

I don't disagree. I think the weight of opinion was against the Irgun, and that was true in Zionist circles.

I just don't want to be a hypocrite. I have inveighed before against the concept of a U.N.-driven "world opinion." If I cited to the numerous Jewish organizations and agencies that aligned with the more responsible Haganah (which morphed into the IDF) and against the Irgun I might be contradicting myself.

I appreciate your efforts and I am sorry.

I don't disagree. I think the weight of opinion was against the Irgun, and that was true in Zionist circles.

I just don't want to be a hypocrite. I have inveighed before against the concept of a U.N.-driven "world opinion." If I cited to the numerous Jewish organizations and agencies that aligned with the more responsible Haganah (which morphed into the IDF) and against the Irgun I might be contradicting myself.

I appreciate your efforts and I am sorry.

So do you condemn the Zionst terrorist group Irgun and their terrorist actions or not?

So do you condemn the Zionst terrorist group Irgun and their terrorist actions or not?

Yes. But I am not under deposition, least of all by you.

Both JBG and I have condemned the actions of Irgun and its offshoot the Stern gang many times on this forum. What is interesting is that they are now brought up in a way to try spin we should be careful how we speak of Arabs or Palestinians but never Israelis, Jews or Zionists.

Let's make the point again as it has been made over and over. Terrorism is wrong no matter who engages in it and the fact is the Palmach-Haganah turned in certan Irgun and thn Stern-Llevi gang members to the British. The point is they never amounted to more than 250 people at their peakles than o.1 percent of the Zionists. They were a very small miniscule amount of people widely denounced by the Jewish and Zionist communities and never even remotely came close to the wide spread popularity of terrorist culture in the Palestinian political movement.

When former members Shamir and Begin were elected as Prime Minister's of Israel they had to swear an allegiance to a constitution that clearly indicated what they did when in those terror cells was wrong and they had to publically denounce terrorism. Neither showed up at the UN sporting a gun in a holster. Were they angels in the past, no-terrorists who later went on unlike Aarafat to renounce their terrorist ways.

Now getting back to Moonlight's comment, it is wrong to say all Palestinians are terrorists. You have heard that from me many times in responses. What you have also read are the same posters who come on this forum day in day out engaging in sweeping negative generalizations that portray all Zionists, al Israelis and all Jews with the very negative stereotypes you now call out against who, Arabs? Palestinians?

You personally are not a bigot. I disagree with much of what you say but you are careful and coming from you the point is certainly taken. It wrong to stereotype an entire people negatively and I say that to you clearly.The problem is many of us see a one sided double standard on this forum and people in crying about stereotyping of Palestinians while they engage in the same against Israelis, Jews, Zionists, Americans.

You do not. So you are acknowledged for that and your point is honoured. Fair is fair.

Excuse me if I hold my tongue with others who are not worthy of that response.

Now so you know loud and clear,I believe Palestinian are held captive by Hamas, Hezbollah, the PA, and other terror cells. I don't believe these insitutions could exist without using crime and terror to control and kill their own people and therein lies the irony. Terrorists are killing more Muslims than non Muslims and have done nothing for their people not a damn thing but usher in death, poverty and misery. Disarm them the IDF is a moot point.

The fact is the number of deaths by Muslims at the hands of other Muslims and by Palestinians at the hands of other Palestinians and illustrates they are their own worst enemies.

Ironically as well, by keeping a constant war against Israel waging they keep united many kinds of Jews within Israel who probably might otherwise not be as united.

Edited by Rue

Yes. But I am not under deposition, least of all by you.

Good. I'm glad that you acknowledge Israel and Zionism was born from terrorism. Unfortunately, after they moved onto terrorizing civilians through the use of military weapons and have tried to cover this with the use of "self-defense". The Gaza collective punishment (whether economical or militarily) is a prime example of State Terrorism.

Good. I'm glad that you acknowledge Israel and Zionism was born from terrorism. Unfortunately, after they moved onto terrorizing civilians through the use of military weapons and have tried to cover this with the use of "self-defense". The Gaza collective punishment (whether economical or militarily) is a prime example of State Terrorism.

So the Zionists can't fight, but the Gazans can fight randomly?