South Carolina Cop Shooting

There are pedophiles who hide behind priestly cassocks, there are sexual predators who hide behind a stethoscope and medical diplomas and there are sadists and murderers who hide behind a police badge.

The place to stop them is in the indoctrination and training phase - not after they have been given those powers.

Just a guess but Id bet a lot of the bad cops become bad well after the training phase. Some of the types of things they have to tend to such as dealing with rowdy drunks pouring out of bars and getting into fights after closing time is probably something that not everyone is cut out to do. Although it may take some time for them to snap.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To On Guard For Thee - The job is not an easy one and certainly not for everybody. The suicide rate is 2.5 times of the population. I think one of the problems is the "blue code". Since they are constantly being criticized from all sides they tend to surround the wagons and turn a blind eye to those who are showing danger signals.

In Canada, your chances of experiencing mental, illness during your lifetime are about 20% About 10% of Canadians are suffering from mental illness at any given time. As you stated, many police run into difficulties after they have been vetted. If the general population is at 10% lets assume that 6% of policemen are having problems and 1% are having sever problems. There are about 70,000 policemen in Canada so we can expect that about 700 have sever mental problems. The police themselves must take the responsibility for red flagging these problems. We cannot allow sick people making life and death decisions on the public.

You're being ridiculous. If it happened ONCE, unprovoked, yeah, she's a victim. If she already knows that's how he behaves, she chooses to stay with him, and she chooses to do the very things that she already knows will set him off, she is NOT a victim anymore. She's as much a party to the brutality as he is. It's called taking responsibility for your own actions.

I'm ridiculous? You're the one implying that an abused person should share responsibility in their abuse just because they did something you may not do. Incidentally, it's very easy to say you would not do something when you have no idea about the experiences of the other person. For example, people without children - myself included before becoming a parent - have a long list of self-righteous things they'd never do until they actually become parents. You have no idea what you'd do as a black man in front of a white policeman in South Carolina because you are NOT a black man in front of a white cop in South Carolina.

Anyway, I digress to your argument - with your line of reasoning the only time a real crime happens is if the act is unprovoked. If only that jerk hadn't flipped me off after cutting me off, I wouldn't have punched him. If only my kid had listened to me I wouldn't have hit him. If only my spouse hadn't cheated on me I wouldn't have killed him.

Where exactly do you draw the responsibility of others for "contributing" to someone else's criminal behaviour? That's right you don't!!! Thats why this policeman is facing murder charges.

Go ahead though and keep making excuses for his behaviour.

Edited by BC_chick

Anyway, I digress to your argument - with your line of reasoning the only time a real crime happens is if the act is unprovoked. If only that jerk hadn't flipped me off after cutting me off, I wouldn't have punched him. If only my kid had listened to me I wouldn't have hit him. If only my spouse hadn't cheated on me I wouldn't have killed him.

I said none of those things, and I not once made any excuse for the perpetrator. His responsibility for his actions remains, and I did not imply otherwise in any way.

Edit id like to add that im in no way defending this officer just pointing out that the police action wasnt unprovoked. The victim provoked this response through his actions.

The law called and they said you were completely and utterly wrong. They held up the Stds teaching that the Cops go thru as proof.

Still funny the black man got shot huh? Good for you.

Then why have a court system? People aren't required to listen to the police just because they issue demands. Cops have very specific rules they have to follow, unless you're perfectly fine with giving up your rights and freedoms to a police state.

Since you're a blatant troll with no interest in having actual conversations on these topics, I know you'll just wax poetic about how great a police state would be. So, please, don't bother responding.

. Try walking away or not pulling over the next time the police engage you and see what happens. Or just refuse to show id even. You must follow police commands that are given. Running away from a traffic stop is not an acceptable response. You think it is fine to abondon ones car and just run away from police while I do not.

Me being non white I would say I've been stopped much more often than you have. This gives me actual experience with police not just armchair experience. Every time I'm stopped, I'm well dressed. I'm cordial with the officer. I show them respect. I give them my id when asked. Guess what I'm on my way. I know they're stopping me because I'm a non white person living in an exclusively white area but that's life. Non white people having wealth is a fairly new concept and I understand that. I'm glad the police are here to keep riff Raff out.

. Try walking away or not pulling over the next time the police engage you and see what happens. Or just refuse to show id even. You must follow police commands that are given. Running away from a traffic stop is not an acceptable response. You think it is fine to abondon ones car and just run away from police while I do not.

Me being non white I would say I've been stopped much more often than you have. This gives me actual experience with police not just armchair experience. Every time I'm stopped, I'm well dressed. I'm cordial with the officer. I show them respect. I give them my id when asked. Guess what I'm on my way. I know they're stopping me because I'm a non white person living in an exclusively white area but that's life. Non white people having wealth is a fairly new concept and I understand that. I'm glad the police are here to keep riff Raff out.

You sir are full of S***

Nothing but a troll.

Lets see...

1) You like people being shot.

2)You want people to run down First Nations legal protests.

3) You claim to be non white and harassed by the cops.

Oh my....nothing but a crock of shite.

Edited by Guyser2

Well the dashcam video pretty much shows the guy didnt. Running away as he did could suggest various things I guess. Some sort of guilt perhaps, (was he actually test driving the car with an eye to buying it, or something else, or was he just afraid of white cops) there are a few gaps that I havet heard filled in yet, but it sees quite clear he did nothing to warrant being shot in the back running away.

Well you're right, and rushing to judgement is always wrong i suppose, but in this case it's really hard not to.

Well you're right, and rushing to judgement is always wrong i suppose, but in this case it's really hard not to.

As I say there are gaps between what the 2 videos show. We see him leaving his car on the run and then we see the shooting, but we dont know what all went on in between, with regard to any sort of scuffle for instance. Possibly the guy who shot the second video knows more but is afraid to speak out.

Another shooting today. Cop mistakes his gun for his taser, killing, you guessed it, an unarmed black man.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/04/13/deputy-killed-black-man-after-confusing-gun-for-taser.html

Correction: the shooter was a 73 year old "reserve deputy" who actually paid money for the privilege of pretending to be a cop. Unreal.

Why not comment on the number of black on black shootings or latino on black shootings?

Latinos are ethnically cleansing the traditional black gang territories in LA.

Why not talk about that.

Because Gang members aren't paid by the public to go freely in public armed and given powers your average person doesn't have. You're supposed to trust a cop, many don't anymore.

Cops on both sides of the border have seen a huge drop in public perception. And rightly so, they are more tax collectors than people who provide the service of public safety.

I said none of those things, and I not once made any excuse for the perpetrator. His responsibility for his actions remains, and I did not imply otherwise in any way.

By mentioning the victim's actions you lay some blame on him. It's the same thing as you laying partial blame on an abusive woman for her actions. You are diminishing the role of the attacker with your " well they were asking for it" attitude. It's the abuser's responsibility not to abuse. End of story.

And for the record, perpetrators rarely ever say they committed a crime for no reason at all. There is always some underlying provocation so why should it matter? It has no relevance when a crime is committed why it happened. Why even mention it?

Lastly, I'd like to know what you'd do if a policeman was about to tase you for a broken taillight? Never judge the actions of others.

As the deputy subdues Harris on the ground, a gunshot rings out and a man says: Oh, I shot him. Im sorry.

Harris screams: He shot me. Oh, my God, and a deputy replies: You f---ing ran. Shut the f--- up.

When Harris says hes losing his breath, a deputy replies, F--- your breath.

Harris was treated by medics at the scene and died in a hospital.

They give a 73 year old insurance exec a gun and a license to kill?

Something very wrong there.

As the deputy subdues Harris on the ground, a gunshot rings out and a man says: Oh, I shot him. Im sorry.

Harris screams: He shot me. Oh, my God, and a deputy replies: You f---ing ran. Shut the f--- up.

When Harris says hes losing his breath, a deputy replies, F--- your breath.

Harris was treated by medics at the scene and died in a hospital.

They give a 73 year old insurance exec a gun and a license to kill?

Something very wrong there.

He actually paid big money to play cop in his spare time, and his training records were apparently falsified. Something VERY wrong is right.