South Carolina Cop Shooting

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I guess you would carry that thought further to say that anyone who runs should be killed, especially if they are black...

Not at all. I am non white and have been stopped by police on occasion. However since I dont run away I have yet to have any issue. If the police were indiscriminately murdering non whites surely I merit killing by racist police. Or perhaps I dont provoke police response by owning my actions and measure by responses something this black person failed to do. His own fault.

Edit id like to add that im in no way defending this officer just pointing out that the police action wasnt unprovoked. The victim provoked this response through his actions.

Edited by LemonPureLeaf

Not at all. I am non white and have been stopped by police on occasion. However since I dont run away I have yet to have any issue. If the police were indiscriminately murdering non whites surely I merit killing by racist police. Or perhaps I dont provoke police response by owning my actions and measure by responses something this black person failed to do. His own fault.

Edit id like to add that im in no way defending this officer just pointing out that the police action wasnt unprovoked. The victim provoked this response through his actions.

And the cops response, even with the provocation running away may have provided was totally illegal and hence the cop is now facing a murder charge.

And the cops response, even with the provocation running away may have provided was totally illegal and hence the cop is now facing a murder charge.

The cop getting fired won't bring him back. He's still dead. Being right is not relevant if you're dead. Don't fight or run from the police.

You're the one who made the idiotic suggestion, you might want to take a look in the mirror when you talk about who is or is not acting rationally.

You agreed with completely irrational hyperbole. That tells me it's not worth having an honest discussion with you.

Assuming it was because he was black is also an assumption.

You're right. We just never hear about those white people being shot nearly every day by the cops. This probably has nothing to do with race. Nevermind the statistics that have been posted time and time again on the subject. This is a race issue, so you don't let facts get in the way.

This woman I know dates an abusive man. She knows what he's like and instead of doing her best not to set him off, she does things that are blatantly wrong.

The other day she left the door to the house open after he'd told her not to do that because he has lots of valuables int house. He beat the crap out of her.

Of course he's wrong to hit her, but don't you know you don't leave the door open to the house when there are valuables in there???

clap.gif

People need to take responsibility for their own actions. Nothing excuses the man's behavior. That said, she must take responsibility for for both the decision to stay with someone who is abusive, and for doing the things that set him off.

Wow. That metaphor flew straight over you head, eh? How exactly do black people leave the police who have declared open season on them?

Listen to the police and you wont get into trouble. Quite simple.

Then why have a court system? People aren't required to listen to the police just because they issue demands. Cops have very specific rules they have to follow, unless you're perfectly fine with giving up your rights and freedoms to a police state.

Since you're a blatant troll with no interest in having actual conversations on these topics, I know you'll just wax poetic about how great a police state would be. So, please, don't bother responding.

Wow. That metaphor flew straight over you head, eh? How exactly do black people leave the police who have declared open season on them?

I already addressed that earlier in tis thread. You know, the one that prompted you to launch into ridiculous hyperbole, and give another glaring example of your inability to have a rational discussion about just about any topic.

As usual, you're the only one here who is not having an honest discussion.

I think most here in this thread are not being honest. Because in many cases even when you comply, you run the risk of being shot/tazed. That is not a good situation for society to be in.

There are pedophiles who hide behind priestly cassocks, there are sexual predators who hide behind a stethoscope and medical diplomas and there are sadists and murderers who hide behind a police badge.

The place to stop them is in the indoctrination and training phase - not after they have been given those powers.