South Carolina Cop Shooting

This woman I know dates an abusive man. She knows what he's like and instead of doing her best not to set him off, she does things that are blatantly wrong.

The other day she left the door to the house open after he'd told her not to do that because he has lots of valuables int house. He beat the crap out of her.

Of course he's wrong to hit her, but don't you know you don't leave the door open to the house when there are valuables in there???

Edited by BC_chick

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I am saying is that there are other circumstances that could have resulted in him being shot. Assuming it was just because he ran is just that, an assumption.

Sure, most of us are speculating based on our emotions, but I'd simply love to hear an an alternative theory for shooting an unarmed man in the back. Even the police department couldn't think of one to save their ass.

Maybe you can think of a plausible theory. We're all doing it, let's hear yours.

This woman I know dates an abusive man. She knows what he's like and instead of doing her best not to set him off, she does things that are blatantly wrong.

The other day she left the door to the house open after he'd told her not to do that because he has lots of valuables int house. He beat the crap out of her.

Of course he's wrong to hit her, but don't you know you don't leave the door open to the house when there are valuables in there???

People need to take responsibility for their own actions. Nothing excuses the man's behavior. That said, she must take responsibility for for both the decision to stay with someone who is abusive, and for doing the things that set him off.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions. Nothing excuses the man's behavior. That said, she must take responsibility for for both the decision to stay with someone who is abusive, and for doing the things that set him off.

Of course the analogy falls apart as I'm sure Mr. Scott would've chosen not to live on this planet with bigotted people, like the brownie hater above, if he had the choice.....I know I do. Edited by Bob Macadoo

He was shot because he ran away, struggled physically with the cop, which apparently got the cop's testosterone up too high, and then ran away again.

Yes, the cop was an idiot, but guess what, some of them are, which is why you don't provoke them any more than you taunt pitbulls.

So where is the public safety if these types are on the force? Should I be concerned next time I get pulled over for a traffic violation? Would my life be in danger? Over a traffic stop?

Edited by GostHacked

Sure, most of us are speculating based on our emotions, but I'd simply love to hear an an alternative theory for shooting an unarmed man in the back. Even the police department couldn't think of one to save their ass.

Maybe you can think of a plausible theory. We're all doing it, let's hear yours.

I'm not big on theories in cases like this because as you say, they are largely based on emotion. His running may well have been a major factor in why he was shot but I don't know that and neither do you.

I'm not big on theories in cases like this because as you say, they are largely based on emotion. His running may well have been a major factor in why he was shot but I don't know that and neither do you.

Jump and run, get shot.

Obey and stay, get shot.

Something else to consider maybe.

I didn't say I know why he did it. I asked for a *plausible* theory why a cop would shoot an unarmed man in the back.

As I thought, there is none.

You're victim-blaming. No matter what someone's reasons are for doing what they do, they do not deserve to be abused or murdered.

You are justifying, it's that simple. It's the exact same mentality as saying a woman's dress in a certain environment somehow contributed to her getting raped.

After all, she should have known better. Right?

People need to look at the guy who got shot, if he wouldnt have ran we wouldn't have been shot, simple. If you run ftom police may shoot you. Simple.n Simple. to avoid getting shot listen to police commands. This idnt rovket science.

Luckily in this case people can look at the guy who got shot, due to the video. And thats why the cop is charged with murder.

Luckily in this case people can look at the guy who got shot, due to the video. And thats why the cop is charged with murder.

I dont care one way or another. If it doesn't make or cost me money I really don't care. I live in a very nice area and am simply above this type of thing. Look at the way the victim was dressed. His fashion sense is terrible. Dress to impress and always judge a man by his shoes.

I didn't say I know why he did it. I asked for a *plausible* theory why a cop would shoot an unarmed man in the back.

As I thought, there is none.

I've already said that I didn't see anything on that video which would warrant shooting someone. I'm just not about to speculate why he did get shot on the basis of what is in that video.

Edited by Wilber

I I live in a very nice area and am simply above this type of thing. Look at the way the victim was dressed. His fashion sense is terrible. Dress to impress and always judge a man by his shoes.

Wonderful troll post.

if you thought you could have tricked us, this post is blatant troll.

I dont care one way or another. If it doesn't make or cost me money I really don't care. I live in a very nice area and am simply above this type of thing. Look at the way the victim was dressed. His fashion sense is terrible. Dress to impress and always judge a man by his shoes.

Yes, by his shoes. His education, not so much.