Firing police to drop crime rate and reduce tax cost

Should Canada do as same?

Texas Town Experiences 61% Drop in Crime After Firing Their Police Department

As guns.com points out, over 70 communities in Harris County and most of the major management districts have contracted with SEAL. They’re less expensive, better at crime prevention, they do not target citizens for revenue, and, best of all, each officer is personally accountable for his or her actions.

It’s time Americans start seriously considering this option.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/texas-town-sees-61-drop-crime-firing-cops-hiring-private-firm/#S4VH66sSg4ouOQhk.99

How about Canada?

Should Canada do as same?

How about Canada?

Sounds like a propaganda piece from some anti-government nut site.

I'm not saying security guards might not be appropriate in small town areas. For example, in a lot of smaller centers in Canada. You could probably hire three or four of them for every cop, and given the lack of complexity of most police work in rural and semi-rural areas it might be doable.

Forget about it in the city. You want to have cops with less training and getting paid not much more than minimum wage walking around with guns? Not a good idea. Leads to corruption and a lack of commitment to the job. They don't target citizens for revenue? What exactly does that mean? There are no parking or speeding tickets given out? I doubt that. The town probably just has someone else doing that.

Similar scenario in China to.

Much less police, much less crime.

There the police have a more relaxed friendly approach and don't carry guns or wear bullet proof vests and attitude.

WWWTT

There the police have a more relaxed friendly approach and don't carry guns or wear bullet proof vests and attitude.

WWWTT

They carry guns.

And they have evidence quashed and or suppresse constantly. Cops shooting civilians has become a big problem in China.

Dont worry, no one expects you to agree to this. Utopia..China..Utopia.

LOL

The easiest way to reduce crime is to reduce the number of criminal laws. You can't commit a crime that doesn't exist! HA!

Or just don't charge people with ones that do exist. I have to wonder how many convictions they would get in Canada considering the amount of preparation our police have to do in order to get a charge laid.

With the rising cost of policing and a falling rate of crime many rural areas are reviewing the use of law enforcement officers. In our area we are looking at things like parking violations, by-law violations, construction sites, funeral processions - security jobs that can be performed by lesser qualified and lower paid individuals.

This may include investigation of traffic accidents, burglar alarms etc. There already is a "Auxiliary police force" whose powers and responsibilities can be expanded. A law enforcement officer is a very well trained individual and deserves what he/she is being paid but too many of them are used for jobs that do not require their expertise.

Well, except when confronted by peaceful democracy protesters, don't forget.

Not the ones I have seen.

Tell you what, go find some examples of SIMILAR cases in China and western countries (4 dead in Ohio)

WWWTT

Who needs bullet proof vests when you have main battle tanks?

Never seen a cop in China carrying a tank. Or in a tank. Never seen a tank in China either. But I did drive by a military compound once there. Maybe I did see a tank?

WWWTT

They carry guns.

And they have evidence quashed and or suppresse constantly. Cops shooting civilians has become a big problem in China.

Dont worry, no one expects you to agree to this. Utopia..China..Utopia.

LOL

LOL OK buddy if you say so!

WWWTT

I've heard of police abuse, but I have never seen it... Does that mean it doesn't exist?

Is police abuse like child abuse?

I never heard of police abuse..

But if you are talking about police brutality or rude/arrogant/abusive police, then ya, heard lots and SEEN lots!

Very believable when it happens to you!

WWWTT

Police brutality is particularly bad in China...

Multiple policemen began beating the couple, eventually leaving them for dead. Deng's wife survived the attack. Deng did not.

The incident, which sparked outrage throughout the country, was merely the latest violent act attributed to the chengguan, who are China's widely loathed municipal police. Separate from conventional police forces, the chengguan are responsible for managing more quotidian aspects of urban life, such as regulating street vendors and unlicensed construction sites. The chengguansystem was established recently, in 1997, and appear to operate with little oversight. As a result, stories of chengguan brutality are common -- According to Human Rights Watch, Chinese media reported more than 150 incidences of violence involving the chengguan between 2010 and 2012.

http://www.theatlantic.com/china/archive/2013/07/meet-the-chengguan-chinas-violent-hated-local-cops/277975/

I was gobsmacked to find out that in major global city like London the police are unarmed and they are only now considering allowing the police to carry arms. How naive can you get? The usual reason, or excuse more likely, to defend an unarmed police is that arming them leads to overall brutality in society as when the police are armed so will be the criminals too. Ok, just someone please explain what stops the criminals from being armed when the police are unarmed?

Have any pictures or vids????

Camera cell phones are really popular in China.

I'm sure there are some cases. After all people are all the same.

Keep in mind that there are 1.4 billion. So for every Canadian there's what, 45-50 Chinese? For every American there's 4-5 Chinese. Use the ratios in known cases.

Also, point being made was there are fewer police in China per capita and less crime per capita.

Cops don't wear guns or bullet proof vests.

From what I'm told from people there, they can get guns at the scene in a fast hurry if need be.

I also hear the cops in Newfoundland don't carry guns either.

This use to be a more common practice I believe.

WWWTT

And the internet is tightly controlled, restricted and censored. Try and post a video of police acting up over there and they'll be at your door next day.

WWWTT

When will you ever learn to look up info and confirm whether or not you know something? You spew a lot of bs and people are tired of it.

"Chinese police start carrying guns and the fatal effects have rippled across the country"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/09/27/chinese-police-start-carrying-guns-and-the-fatal-effects-have-rippled-across-the-country/

"BEIJING -- In response to terrorism threats, China recently lifted a decade-long ban on police guns and began issuing firearms to officers for the first time across the country."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/09/26/newly-armed-police-in-china-say-they-fear-their-guns-as-much-as-public/

I was gobsmacked to find out that in major global city like London the police are unarmed and they are only now considering allowing the police to carry arms. How naive can you get?

If you dont look at the stats, then it appears naive, but if you do, you will see they had little reason to carry for the most part.

Its is abit of a misnomer that guns are not around, but I understand that the cars all have them so they are readily available.

The usual reason, or excuse more likely, to defend an unarmed police is that arming them leads to overall brutality in society as when the police are armed so will be the criminals too. Ok, just someone please explain what stops the criminals from being armed when the police are unarmed?

It doesnt.

But the stats say that the murder rate hasnt gone up but has gone down.

I'm sure there are some cases. After all people are all the same.

Keep in mind that there are 1.4 billion. So for every Canadian there's what, 45-50 Chinese? For every American there's 4-5 Chinese. Use the ratios in known cases.

Also, point being made was there are fewer police in China per capita and less crime per capita.

From what I'm told from people there, they can get guns at the scene in a fast hurry if need be.

I also hear the cops in Newfoundland don't carry guns either.

This use to be a more common practice I believe.

WWWTT

China imprisons people for life simply for being peace activists. It's despicable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/24/world/asia/china-court-sentences-uighur-scholar-to-life-in-separatism-case.html?_r=0

The punishment handed down to Ilham Tohti was the harshest that Chinese officials have imposed on a political dissident in recent years. Mr. Tohti was convicted after a two-day trial in Urumqi, the regional capital, that ended last Wednesday. He was taken by the police last January from his home in Beijing, where he teaches economics at Minzu University, and brought to Xinjiang, where he was charged with separatism.