Prominent Russian Opposition Figure Boris Nemtsov Shot Dead

Shady

Well, an outspoken critic of ol'Vlad the Impaler met an unfortunate end today. Shot dead in Moscow one day before a big planned protest against Mr. Vlad's shenanigans. Obviously this must just be a big ol'coincidence right?

MOSCOW (AP) -- Boris Nemtsov, a charismatic Russian opposition leader and sharp critic of President Vladimir Putin, was gunned down Saturday near the Kremlin, just a day before a planned protest against the government.

The death of Nemtsov, a 55-year-old former deputy prime minister, ignited a fury among opposition figures who assailed the Kremlin for creating an atmosphere of intolerance of any dissent and called the killing an assassination. Putin quickly offered his condolences and called the murder a provocation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_RUSSIA_OPPOSITION_LEADER_KILLED?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-02-27-17-48-35

It's really rich that Vlad offered his condolences.

Shady, are you under the mistaken impression that anyone here supports Putin?

Like Dubya you mean?

His appraisal of Putin probably forestalled a more appropriate response from the west by several years. Of course he was a dictator who was with us at the time so...that counts for a lot.

More answers as to why he was murdered...

Nemtsov planned to reveal Russian links to Ukraine conflict.

http://news.yahoo.com/nemtsov-planned-reveal-russian-links-ukraine-conflict-poroshenko-150410635.html

Where's GH? He's big into these types of things. Oh wait, there isn't anyone in the West to blame. Nevermind.

Where's GH? He's big into these types of things. Oh wait, there isn't anyone in the West to blame. Nevermind.

Who do you think are supporting the other side of this conflict? Of course you have both the west and the east messing the Ukraine with both sides not giving a f'n damn about Ukraine itself.

Hey Shady are you saying Putin kills his opponents? Come on that guy in Britain who died ate too many anchovies and that Ukrainian President just had bad acne.

Shady he's misunderstood. He tries to help freedom fighters and what is the thanks he gets. I mean really. Ukrainians make good hockey players in Canada

but come on who the hell do they think they are wanting a sovereign nation,Jews?

I am certain that Putin already has a fall guy lined up and ready to be shot for killing Nemtsov.

It was Putin who did it of course, but his investigation is(according to reports today) leading him to believe that Nemtsovs own allies wanted him out of the way. An internal power struggle. How convenient.

It appears that many on this board do not understand the Russian people. I read here that Putin is a murderer, an impaler and some kind of monster. I was watching coverage of this latest "outrage" and it was mentioned by the Western media that Putin still has the support of over 80% of Russian people. Harper or Obama should be so popular.

It appears they don't really care what we think.

It appears that many on this board do not understand the Russian people. I read here that Putin is a murderer, an impaler and some kind of monster. I was watching coverage of this latest "outrage" and it was mentioned by the Western media that Putin still has the support of over 80% of Russian people. Harper or Obama should be so popular.

It appears they don't really care what we think.

I think when Putin wants the opinion of the Russian people, he gives it to them. All 80% worth. The rest go to the Guiag.

I like Putin. Too bad we dont have a strong leader like this in Canada. He is a great man who knows how to lead. I wish Pm Harper would take some lessons from him.

Sure why not?

Harper could order the invasion of N Alberta and privatize the oil or somesuch. Then we could lower the price like in Venzuala. I really dont think too many would be upset by it, lower gas prices and all.

Really glad to hear you sussing these brillaint ideas out. Wonderful job !