Our Disloyal President

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try Boris. Now I see you trying to turn Canadians against the American President. Stick to Pravda and quit trying to antagonize Canadians to get upset with our friends to the South. True and loyal Americans would never do that.

Домой российская изменника

Thank you for your interesting response. Please be aware that like many others before you who have tried identical personal attacks and labels only end up spinning their wheels in frustration. Your off topic attacks only reinforce my premise of an underlying disdain and contempt for America, its government, and Americans. The bloom is off the rose for America's president, so fiercely embraced by Canadians in the beginning, but now there is little love to be found "in the provinces". Little surprise....President Obama is an American after all.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Thank you for your interesting response. Please be aware that like many others before you who have tried identical personal attacks and labels only end up spinning their wheels in frustration. Your off topic attacks only reinforce my premise of an underlying disdain and contempt for America, its government, and Americans. The bloom is off the rose for America's president, so fiercely embraced by Canadians in the beginning, but now there is little love to be found "in the provinces". Little surprise....President Obama is an American after all.

Are you sure about that? Donald Trump still thinks he's not American.

Hey Natasha, some of my best friends are Americans and I resent it when someone tries to come across as an American to taunt and tease Canadians - with the obvious goal to make Canadians upset with Americans. It will not work. No true American would ever do that. The fact that I have unmasked your pro-Russian agenda of trying to create a rift between these two great nations of Canada and the USA should not be a surprise to you. The strong relationship between these two nations can withstand the nefarious attacks from Moscow. I think Obama is doing what he thinks is best for Americans - and good for him!

Перейти скрыть в отверстие

I think Obama is doing what he thinks is best for Americans - and good for him!

Continued attacks noted, but ignored. Obviously you cannot bring yourself to endorse President Obama with the slurpy Canadian love displayed during his candidacy and earlier time in office. My theory is that many Canadians were drawn to Obamacare, like moths to a free health care flame.

But that is over now....the reality of his Americanism shines through, and little love can be found.

My biggest problem with him is his constant undermining of the constitution and the seperation of powers. His constant refrain of "if congress won't act, I will" is a perfect illustration of this.

And Bush dictating that habeous corpus did not exist for Gitmo wasn't undermining the constitution? Luckily the SC had more sense.

Continued attacks noted, but ignored. Obviously you cannot bring yourself to endorse President Obama with the slurpy Canadian love displayed during his candidacy and earlier time in office. My theory is that many Canadians were drawn to Obamacare, like moths to a free health care flame.

But that is over now....the reality of his Americanism shines through, and little love can be found.

I wonder what you actually mean when you say Obamacare is "over"

What was traded other than jabs and insults? Detail the quid pro quo that happened......other then the pork barreling to get votes.

His record speaks for itself, dozens of bills signed into law. Some of them may well have been through horse trading for approval votes, that's how politics is done, been that way for a hundred years or more.

Obama hasn't learned this yet. I remember early on his strategy seemed to be to remind the Houses, "I won", and they should simply vote his bills into law. Once he invited a group of congressmen to the White House to watch a highly anticipated college basketball game. It was reported that the Congress members were quite surprised that Obama just wanted to watch the game. He couldn't horse trade with republicans if his life depended on it, so nothing gets through Congress.

What? You mean he does't go by B. Hussein Obama? I thought that's how he signed his name and how he introduced himself.

Instances of the President incorporating his middle name in his usual signature are very rare.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=barack+obama%27s+signature&safe=active&biw=768&bih=484&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NfELVMi7JsqfyASV2YHwCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Those that do emphacise his middle name usually do so for derrogatory reasons. as its really not necessary for us to understand who we are talking about

Edited by mjrr

What was traded other than jabs and insults? Detail the quid pro quo that happened......other then the pork barreling to get votes.

No Child Left behind..........Medicare drugs & HSA '03.....Trade Act of 2002.....pension protection act (2006)...Energy independance & security act '07....and of course Stimulus and TARP

No Child Left behind..........Medicare drugs & HSA '03.....Trade Act of 2002.....pension protection act (2006)...Energy independance & security act '07....and of course Stimulus and TARP

Education/Poor/Elderly funding.......those were things supported.....there was no need for horse trading....you know when a gov't puts forward reasonable legislation for both sides. Stimulus/TARP were ransom legislation....again what horse trading? The energy bill may have been...I'll have to read up on that one.

Education/Poor/Elderly funding.......those were things supported.....there was no need for horse trading....you know when a gov't puts forward reasonable legislation for both sides. Stimulus/TARP were ransom legislation....again what horse trading? The energy bill may have been...I'll have to read up on that one.

I thought you asked for examples of bipartisan legislation during the Bush administration…….I didn’t know you had qualifiers.

My biggest problem with him is his constant undermining of the constitution and the seperation of powers. His constant refrain of "if congress won't act, I will" is a perfect illustration of this.

You know what? He just doesn't care anymore. Taking a selfie at Mandela's funeral. Not only golfing frequently, but going golfing right after speaking about Foley's be-heading. The guy just isn't into being president anymore. Maybe congress has him depressed?

Edited by sharkman

I thought you asked for examples of bipartisan legislation during the Bush administration…….I didn’t know you had qualifiers.

The request was for hard to swallow legislation that passed as they got support for their submission before/after. I acknowledge bills were put forward that both supported (ie stimulus), the other needed for functioning gov't is compromising legislation for the more partisan aspects (eg. Cuts to welfare vs. Increase spending on education, etc.)

USSC seems to disagree with your learned view of a foreign document. Your doctoral thesis on US Gov't Framework might be in jeopardy.

How do they disagree? How does the American constitution apply to somebody in another country who is not an American citizen?

How do they disagree? How does the American constitution apply to somebody in another country who is not an American citizen?

Well me in my disturbing brain connecting logic;

1) There are majority parts of the constitution that apply to "persons".....ie non-citizens and citizens alike.

2) USSC has declared that the right of habeas corpus (one of those "person" rights) applied to detainees even though they weren't on american soil.

3) Ipso facto direct detainees of America, are considered "persons" under the constitution, and should be guarateed the rights therein.

4) Torture/interrogation comes at a price. I suggest you with your Southwest ON might should suggest to the 'merican gov't to shoot them in the head on the battlefield.