Ferguson unrest

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, another example of why police should be wearing cameras and microphones that capture the evidence of what and what didn't happen.

This should have been standard protocol for police forces just about everywhere by now. It is after all the year 20 freaking 14.

I think the camera idea is a good one. But there are some privacy aspects of it that would have to be worked out.

here ya go - you're welcome!

So the police are wearing protective clothing, employing an armoured truck, and use rifles of a near 60 year old design with modern sights..........And the problem is what? And how is that different from police of the 1930s employing, then modern, PPE, armoured cars and Tommy guns?

Maybe, when there was a riot. In this case they caused the riot. And then got their toys out

How did the police cause rioting and looting?

160286823__748858b.jpg

Nothing says social justice like free stuff.......I take it, the local store owners share some of the blame with the police?

So the police are wearing protective clothing, employing an armoured truck, and use rifles of a near 60 year old design with modern sights..........And the problem is what? And how is that different from police of the 1930s employing, then modern, PPE, armoured cars and Tommy guns?

you asked 'what police militarization'... I answered in images that clearly answer your original question.

A lot of American cops come from folks who have done their time in the military and they bring the attitude one might develop in a war zone back to the domestic streets. And od course we all know racism is far from expunged from the American scene. So you get things like Ferguson etc.

Well no, you didn't.......All that has changed between present day and decades past, is the technology.

no shyte Sherlock! But hey now... you know about that Pentagon program to transfer military kit to U.S. police forces, hey? The program with the catch phrase: "from Warfighters to Crimefighters"! :lol:

A lot of American cops come from folks who have done their time in the military and they bring the attitude one might develop in a war zone back to the domestic streets. And od course we all know racism is far from expunged from the American scene. So you get things like Ferguson etc.

Likewise Canadian police.........The Queen's cowboys was not only formed by former military, but based on a mounted rifle regiment of the British army.......I fail to see the negative of employing former military.

no shyte Sherlock! But hey now... you know about that Pentagon program to transfer military kit to U.S. police forces, hey? The program with the catch phrase: "from Warfighters to Crimefighters"! :lol:

What about it? The downsizing of the US Army made a great many former MRAPs surplus......they couldn't even give them all away, and had to pay to have the majority scraped in place.........I thought you'd favour recycling? ;)

Likewise Canadian police.........The Queen's cowboys was not only formed by former military, but based on a mounted rifle regiment of the British army.......I fail to see the negative of employing former military.

Having worked alongside a number of those militaries in a number of war zones, most recently Afg., I do see the negative. You can get away with shit roaming around the hindu Kush you shouldn't do on the streets of downtown USA. But it seems in many cases the attitude, including the racism, transfers.

in 2013 the U.S. Pentagon transferred (at no cost) almost a $0.5 billion worth of military gear to U.S. domestic law enforcement agencies... and member 2.0 asks "what police militarization"! Oh my...

Watch it Waldo, the black (US army surplus) choppers are on their way to whisk you away to a FEMA concentration camp. :ph34r:

you should check out that Pentagon site... maybe you and some of your militia buddies can pool the money from your empties to wangle a hot deal!

Importing DoD military surplus is difficult and often requires an end user agreement.......Russian/Chinese/Eastern Bloc not so much.

Edited by Derek 2.0