Moncton NB shooting

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-shooting-3-rcmp-officers-dead-2-wounded-1.2665359

New Brunswick RCMP have confirmed that three officers were shot and killed and two other officers were wounded by a heavily armed gunman Wednesday evening in Moncton.

A police manhunt is still underway for Justin Bourque, 24. The RCMP say Bourque is considered "armed and dangerous."

PHOTOS | Police manhunt for suspected gunman

STORIFY | Twitter reacts to Moncton shooting

Paul Greene, an RCMP spokesman, said Bourque was last seen in the wooded area near the Pinehurst subdivision. Police are asking people to keep their doors locked and leave their outdoor lights on.

RCMP Const. Damien Theriault could not say how many police officers were involved in the manhunt.

Theriault, visibly emotional during a news conference, asked the public not to disclose any information about the police operation or locations of officers on social media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Ma3LzWtEg

Apparently one gunman was shot? So, there could have been more than one. So what do we chalk this up to?

Usually shootings in Canada don't get as much attention in the media south of the 49th like a certain mayor going through rehab. But this is plastered all over the MSM there.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why rightly so? He could be suffering a mental illness in which case the right course of action is treatment. I mean, I understand he could be killed in an attempt to resist being arrested but to just outright execute him wouldn't be right at all.

At this stage, this suspect is still at large. Similar incidents like other mass shootings.

Facebook posts.

Right wing gun mentality.

Talking about shooting cops.

Lone gunman with mental issues (yet to be determined)

And I guess with all of the police's modern tools still cannot catch this guy.

If the suspect is found, it should be shoot to injure and take down. If they pop this guy, then we will never know what happened.

Cops aren't taught to shoot to injure. It's aim for centre mass.

And most of the RCMP were out gunned. Most of what I saw in the vids are pistols and shotguns. And maybe they should be taught to shoot to injure if the situation warrants it.

If you try to "wing" a guy and you miss or don't neutralize the threat, who gets the blame? The cop for not having pinpoint aim to hit an appendage under pressure or whoever told him to take the suspect alive?

Edited by Boges

And most of the RCMP were out gunned. Most of what I saw in the vids are pistols and shotguns. And maybe they should be taught to shoot to injure if the situation warrants it.

Don't know what the RCMP use but our local police carry one of these http://www.coltcanada.com/c8-carbines.html in their car as well as a shotgun. Trying to wound an armed person who has already killed several people including police officers is just plain stupid. The idea of using lethal force is to be lethal. Cops can't win in many peoples eyes, they will always be using too much force whether it is a firearm, tazer, bean bag, CS spray, baton or just plain wrestling with someone on the ground.

Edited by Wilber

And what does the suspect have that would lead you to this conclusion?

Two rifles. More accurate at longer range. Most RCMP shown in the videos had handguns or shotguns. Not great weapons for longer ranges. However the SWAT team has the gear.

Why?

Is that not why tasers were invented? I am not saying a taser would be the right choice, but a non-lethal approach can help in certain situations. Sure this may not be one of them.

Two rifles. More accurate at longer range. Most RCMP shown in the videos had handguns or shotguns. Not great weapons for longer ranges. However the SWAT team has the gear.

He had one rifle and one shotgun by the looks of things.

Is that not why tasers were invented? I am not saying a taser would be the right choice, but a non-lethal approach can help in certain situations. Sure this may not be one of them.

Tasers and other non lethal methods are great if the the suspect isn't himself heavily armed. If a guy has a gun, I'm pretty comfortable giving cops the leeway to respond appropriately. I hope they splatter this guy.

Not a time for dumb jokes.

I agree.

But what I said was criticism of gun laws that could have prevented this!

Nor is this a news website. This is a debate forum!

Nice straw man fluff to blow off the real problem here!

WWWTT

Three RCMP officers shot dead, two wounded - I am certain this shooter will not be taken alive - and rightly so.

Innocent until proven guilty buddy!

And your a teacher?????

Teacher of what?

Sounds like you have much still to learn my inexperienced friend!

WWWTT

I agree.

But what I said was criticism of gun laws that could have prevented this!

Nor is this a news website. This is a debate forum!

Nice straw man fluff to blow off the real problem here!

WWWTT

And what gun law would have prevented this?

First, I thought maybe he had been in the military and was suffer from mental health issues , then at noon, I heard he thinks people have the right to own guns and if someone tries to take they right away then he'll go after them. So, he's going after the police and not civilians. So, I wonder what been going in in New Brunswick with gun control, anyone know??