Do you live in the 4th most attractive city?

guyser

Canadian immigrants flock to Toronto, for economic and other reasons, so I can see why it's considered "attractive". It's one of the most multicultural cities in the world. Not too long ago I was in downtown Toronto and sat to rest my feet in Dundas Square and noticed that the majority of people walking through the square were visible minorities.

Canadian immigrants flock to Toronto, for economic and other reasons, so I can see why it's considered "attractive". It's one of the most multicultural cities in the world. Not too long ago I was in downtown Toronto and sat to rest my feet in Dundas Square and noticed that the majority of people walking through the square were visible minorities.

It isnt about that form of attractiveness , although I certainly wont deny some of that, mmm mmm..mmmm some of the more exotic people who reside here are stunning.

The categories are : City gateway, cost,demographics and livability,ease of doing business,ecopnomic clout, health safety and security , intellectual capital and innovation ,and so on.

A shame they didn't call the survey what it actually is: "best cities for people who are already rich."

I mean look at this shit:

TOP 10 CITIES OF OPPORTUNITY

1. London
  2. New York
  3. Singapore
  4. Toronto
  5. San Francisco
  6. Paris
  7. Stockholm
  8. Hong Kong
  9. Sydney
  10. Chicago

Those are some of the most expensive places to live in the entire world!

Toronto must be a wonderful place to live! Can I live there?

I know I could move cheaply from Alberta to there, maybe for free.

There are several thouisand Uhaul trucks and trailers with Ontario plates waiting for somebody, anybody to head in that direction.

Toronto must be a wonderful place to live!

Actually it can be, minus the worsening traffic.

Can I live there?

Its expensive so be prepared for sticker shock. But yes, come one over, but bring lots of money.

I know I could move cheaply from Alberta to there, maybe for free.

There are several thouisand Uhaul trucks and trailers with Ontario plates waiting for somebody, anybody to head in that direction.

If it works sure! Beats paying for it.

But you have to cheer for the Argos, Blue Jays and Toronto FC.

Leafs already have too many fans coast to coast, so no worries about them.

It isnt about that form of attractiveness , although I certainly wont deny some of that, mmm mmm..mmmm some of the more exotic people who reside here are stunning.

The categories are : City gateway, cost,demographics and livability,ease of doing business,ecopnomic clout, health safety and security , intellectual capital and innovation ,and so on.

But those are the things that are attracting so many immigrants to the city.

• 1 year later...

As I've mentioned elsewhere, due to reasons of possible incipient insanity, I am considering a move to Ontario to warm my bones. I have four candidates:

1. Ottawa.

2. Burlington.

3. Kingston.

4. Lake Erie shore, east of Windsor.

One thing that really surprises me in a pleasant way - real estate prices in Ottawa. For an attractive capital city, they seem like fantastic value. Why are they so low?

Toronto, by contrast, does very little for me. I have tried to love the place but it is ugly, crowded, and horribly overpriced. I do not get the world class angle at all. Go to Zurich and see what a transit system should look like, guys.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

As I've mentioned elsewhere, due to reasons of possible incipient insanity, I am considering a move to Ontario to warm my bones. I have four candidates:

1. Ottawa.

2. Burlington.

3. Kingston.

4. Lake Erie shore, east of Windsor.

We moved to Norfolk County on the North Shore of Erie 15 years ago.

Never looked back! BP has dropped 30 points.

We moved to Norfolk County on the North Shore of Erie 15 years ago.

Never looked back! BP has dropped 30 points.

Just googled it. Looks like a lovely part of the world and not too far from Hamilton. Father up the lake, I saw Crystal Beach in the winter one time and it was probably not the best time to view it.