SOCHI Winter Olympics 2014 Russia

jacee

It's not about paintings. It's about yellow water coming out of the taps. It's also about being asked not to flush toilet paper, but to leave in in the bucket beside the door to be thrown out later.

You must not travel much. That's standard procedure in many countries.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah? Do your accommodations typically look anything like the pictures here:

http://thechive.com/2014/02/06/conditions-at-the-sochi-olympics-are-badhilarious-32-photos/

A real World Class event their hosting here. If our accommodations in Vancouver were like this, it would have been an embarrassment to our entire country. Here you are defending it.

I see a lot of stuff under construction, some toilet arrangements/signs common in other parts of the world, etc. Not so much defending it as making fun of the whiners complaining about it. Not all of the world does everything to the same standards as Western countries do... I'm shocked!

In China, their toilets are generally a hole in the floor. They didn't provide those kinds of accommodations for the athletes though. This is clearly an embarrassment. It shows that Russia's re-emergence on the world stage is nothing more than a Potemkin Village. Sochi was supposed to be a resort town and it couldn't be the further from it.

It's not about paintings. It's about yellow water coming out of the taps. It's also about being asked not to flush toilet paper, but to leave in in the bucket beside the door to be thrown out later.

Agreed. People have also been warned not to use the water on their faces because it contains something that burns a little. Some nations temporarily weld the man hole covers shut for security reasons. In Sochi a large number of them are completely missing leaving deep unprotected holes in the middle of streets. Big Bad Vlad has paid billions to showcase a national embarrassment.

I like that Google chose a pro-gay doodle today.

2014-winter-olympics-5710368030588928-hp

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

I see a lot of stuff under construction, some toilet arrangements/signs common in other parts of the world, etc. Not so much defending it as making fun of the whiners complaining about it. Not all of the world does everything to the same standards as Western countries do... I'm shocked!

Agreed....when in Russia, do as the Russians do. It's the Olympic Games, not Club Med for tourists expecting five star accommodations.

So built it, to never use it again? If you cannot provide tourism after, then it's a waste of money period.

Waste of money? Maybe on paper or in theory, but I'm betting that Sochi's greatest economic utility has long since already been realized - as a laundromat for who knows how many billions of government mafia dollars.

So the fifth ring in the opening ceremonies didn't open. But somehow when they showed Putin watching the ceremonies from his suite, the tv screen had all 5 rings. He's a magician! :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/winter-olympics/10625401/Sochi-opening-ceremony-How-was-Vladimir-Putins-television-screen-showing-all-five-Olympic-rings.html

vladimir-putin-ap_2815607b.jpg

Not in the medal count. Norway has won more winter medals than any other country, with a population of only 5 million.

Good for them. They still didn't have more medals than us and a few other countries. So the assertion of Norway sweeping the board of medals isn't very accurate, which was what I was addressing. They're a fine country though.