What improvements would you like to see in this discussion forum?

Greg

I think a good idea might be to show how they are racist, so they can put forward a defence and show how they are not.

"Yeah. I am a racist. So.... what is your point?"

That doesn't fly either, even when you provide a roadmap and references where necessary.

Of course not.

You are wasting effort defending a "You are racist!" post because mod staff does not care whether the statement is true or not. The veracity of the statement does not enter into the equation of moderator intervention.

Right...this is not rocket science. Play the ball...yada...yada...yada...

Correct.

Fire-crackers in the theater are annoying.

"Yeah. I am a racist. So.... what is your point?"

Name one poster that hasn't already been banned who would put that up as their argument.

Anyway, the whole point of debate is debate. Look at the judges thread. Accusations of racism seem to be the only argument against the proposition the the PM would appoint judges based on anything but their legal credentials. And that seems to be as far as it goes.

It would be nice if someone actually pointed out how noticing partisan political appointees is racist.

Is it ok to call someone xenophobic? I don't much like labels but stating what is and then addressing it shouldn't be a problem. Calling someone a leftie is no different.

It should be okay to call anyone anything as long as you have some way of showing why you came to that opinion of them. At least then the person in question can argue the point.

You are wasting effort defending a "You are racist!" post because mod staff does not care whether the statement is true or not

That's nonsensical. This forum is about truthful discussion. If someone says something that meets the textbook definition of racism, would you rather we all just beat around the bush?

Edited by Smallc

Really? Without getting a suspension? So I can say 'you are racist because'...

I don't get the fascination that some people on this forum have with finding acceptable ways to call someone a racist. Is it really that important to you to call people racists?

Really? Without getting a suspension? So I can say 'you are racist because'...

I would say so. Racism is well defined, generally. If you think someone has made a racist comment you should be allowed to say so.

They won't agree, of course, and they might well be right. I think you have to be prepared to listen, too. There might be legitimate reasons for their disdain that have nothing to do with race.

I would say so. Racism is well defined, generally. If you think someone has made a racist comment you should be allowed to say so.

They won't agree, of course, and they might well be right. I think you have to be prepared to listen, too. There might be legitimate reasons for their disdain that have nothing to do with race.

Exactly my point. If someone can be called an idiot progressive or whatever the flavour of the month is, why hide from a label 'racist'.

Here are some definitions

Xenophobic. intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

Racist. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

If we can determine that a poster has fallen into these definitions should we not be allowed to apply that label and have them defend their beliefs as not being either of the above?

Xenophobic. intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

Racist. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

If we can determine that a poster has fallen into these definitions should we not be allowed to apply that label and have them defend their beliefs as not being either of the above?

Absolutely. Frankly, if that were the case I think accusations would decrease.

There's no one here since Mr.Canada got banned that falls into that definition of racist, and yet people bandy about accusations of racism all the time. Still not sure why wanting to call people racists is so important to some posters here. How does calling people racists "improve this discussion forum"?

So, who gets to chair the, everyone who doesnt abide by the strict tenants of progessivism is a racist committee? Ok, the name is a work in progress. But for some here any disagreement on a hot button topic that progs cant defend will sooner or later get someone called a racist. No doubt that can be found in some "textbook", who gets to approve which one we use? i bet i can guess.

There's no one here since Mr.Canada got banned that falls into that definition of racist, and yet people bandy about accusations of racism all the time. Still not sure why wanting to call people racists is so important to some posters here. How does calling people racists "improve this discussion forum"?

Racist is a specific term. Let's bring it out in the open, shed some light on it instead of worrying about being suspended.