Seven things I've learned from FOX news.

Argus

So we can point out the error of your thinking, given you are the most prolific poster in mapleweb history.

Don't be so jealous....this forum is hosted in the United States, the forum engine is from the United States, the database comes from the United States, and a lot of the topics (like this one) invariably point to the United States. If there wasn't so much "American content" around here, I would have flitted away years ago. Catch me if you can.....

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you are really naive (oh well) you would know that fox news is bought and sold like stocks on the nyse. Lets see what kind of script he is forced to abide by. He is funny I'll give him that. Of course that's likely why fox bought him.

Still better than a government financed and controlled broadcaster like the CBC. Today, the CBC.ca web site was permitting comments on important American stories like Jay Leno retiring from The Tonight Show, but no comments for rail transportation safety exemptions in Canada.

Today, the CBC.ca web site was permitting comments on important American stories like Jay Leno retiring from The Tonight Show, but no comments for rail transportation safety exemptions in Canada.

Part of that has to do with old media's attitudes towards online as an adjunct to the "big show" that is their generated and heavily moderated contact. It's kind of like King George's idea of democracy - after all there was a House of Commons at the time, it just wasn't important.

Big media will always exist, hopefully as a kind of wire service for the events which we can then comment on here.

It seems to me that you're the one who's ignorant. Regardless, I mentioned a specific increase that was labeled as a cut by your ilk, which was a huge increase in funding, just not the 64% Democrats wanted. Even the sequestration saw departments still receiving more funding the next year as they did the previous. Only the rates of growth were slowed. So it's not slashing at all when you get into the details. But it's clearly obvious you're not interested in details at all. Just platitudes and strawmen.

Referring to increases as cuts is standard left-wing practice on both sides of the border.

Part of that has to do with old media's attitudes towards online as an adjunct to the "big show" that is their generated and heavily moderated contact.

Perhaps, but I suspect it has more to do with the CBC's moderating capacity (e.g. reader "content disabled"). Reader comments are heavily moderated on the CBC News web site, and the hot button political items are often disabled for comments. This is what state financed and controlled media gets you.

Perhaps, but I suspect it has more to do with the CBC's moderating capacity (e.g. reader "content disabled"). Reader comments are heavily moderated on the CBC News web site, and the hot button political items are often disabled for comments. This is what state financed and controlled media gets you.

I don't think you're wrong, exactly, but its hard to separate the factor I mentioned - also the Canadian propensity for passive aggressivity, sorry politeness.

Still better than a government financed and controlled broadcaster like the CBC. Today, the CBC.ca web site was permitting comments on important American stories like Jay Leno retiring from The Tonight Show, but no comments for rail transportation safety exemptions in Canada.

You still have no understanding of the CBC. Study up or shut up.

My God you are stupid. If Harper had anything to do with it he would shut down cbc tomorrow. If he dared to try he'd be thrown in the river tomorrow. We pay for it, he doesn't. We control it, he doesn't. We will look at fox news for laughs as long as it's made available. Take it away, nobody here will mis it. Sorry.

Unless you are really naive (oh well) you would know that fox news is bought and sold like stocks on the nyse. Lets see what kind of script he is forced to abide by. He is funny I'll give him that. Of course that's likely why fox bought him.

Anyone that knows anything about James Carville knows he ain't abiding by any script! lol good one!

Since Carville is a Democrat PR Agent extraordinaire, he most certainly abides by "scripts." It's just that, as with the more talented paid deceivers PR experts, he can talk off-the-cuff, amiable, genial, humorous...but always staying on message.

Some people seem to think that The PR industry--both in politics and advertising (which are closely linked)--spends and gets paid billions of dollars a year for...telling simple homespun truths!

This delusion underscores nothing except that they're good at what they do.

FOX News is propaganda filth at it's worst. It's amazingly effective, millions consume its BS, so in that sense its creators are brilliant, but it still makes the world a more horrible place. FOX News is what happens when a manipulative and dishonest person with a moronic worldview owns a powerful media network.

FOX News is propaganda filth at it's worst. It's amazingly effective, millions consume its BS, so in that sense its creators are brilliant, but it still makes the world a more horrible place. FOX News is what happens when a manipulative and dishonest person with a moronic worldview owns a powerful media network.

:lol: Couldn't agree more.

:lol: Couldn't agree more.

I think I have mentioned this story on here before but perhaps it is worth re-telling in light of the previous discussion. I hark back a while but I was having my breakfast on a US military base in Afghanistan and listening to the Fox news (not my choice) on the TV that was closest to me. Being discussed were two previous segments of speeches, one from Obama saying that Gitmo was illegal and must be closed, and the other a couple days later from Cheney stating why the "had to have Gitmo. One of the talking heads, who was not surprisingly backing up Cheney was, none other than Cheney's daughter. Can you say "conflict of interest"? I shook my head, sipped my coffee, and went to work. Occasionally I tune into Fox to see if anything has changed. And of course we all know the answer to that question. It is quite funny sometimes though. I'm not sure if they are actually trying to be serious, or if the comedic value keeps their ratings up.

We all know what Fox represents and I have tuned in to give it a listen to and I have even listened to u.s.republican radio shows and seriously, I do have a problem with the beliefs they throw out there (from a woman's point of view). It makes me sick to my stomach to listen to how women's issues are being set back in the u.s. as well as in canada. I am very worrisome that the democrats lose the next election and that the PC's in Canada also win the next election. It will be a sad day in North America for women.

We all know what Fox represents and I have tuned in to give it a listen to and I have even listened to u.s.republican radio shows and seriously, I do have a problem with the beliefs they throw out there (from a woman's point of view). It makes me sick to my stomach to listen to how women's issues are being set back in the u.s. as well as in canada. I am very worrisome that the democrats lose the next election and that the PC's in Canada also win the next election. It will be a sad day in North America for women.

Well take some solace from the fact that currently Trudeau is kicking Harper's you know what in the polls, and he hasn't even really done much on policy yet, other than the senate thing. Harper is so dead in the water currently. Question period must be painful for him And, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Hillary takes a run for the oval office, and I think she would kick the same you know what as Americans tire of the embarrasement that the Tea party and their ilk have brought to congress. I wonder who the GOP is planning to put up, John Beohner, Donald Trump? I think there is reason for optimism.

I wonder if Hillary will have a go at it. She will be in her early 70's by the time her reign would have ended (given 2 successful terms) and I'm not sure that she is willing to give up her prime senior years with the stresses of being the most powerful leader in the world. I think that if she recognizes a younger candidate for the democrats she may just step aside. But if she were to run and if I were American, I would not hesitate to vote for her. After all, when Obama was elected, didn't us canadians ask that the americans send him up north to run our country!

I wonder if Hillary will have a go at it. She will be in her early 70's by the time her reign would have ended (given 2 successful terms) and I'm not sure that she is willing to give up her prime senior years with the stresses of being the most powerful leader in the world. I think that if she recognizes a younger candidate for the democrats she may just step aside. But if she were to run and if I were American, I would not hesitate to vote for her. After all, when Obama was elected, didn't us canadians ask that the americans send him up north to run our country!

Yes for sure her age is a factor, not to mention as you allude to, she has had her fair share of the stresses of public life. And of course in the world of politics, the time frame between now and the election is immense, who knows what may happen? Currently I don't see much evidence the GOP will stop shooting themselves in the foot any time soon and I think there is some light at the end of the ACA tunnel. A number of polls indicate Americans want to see some snags fixed but after that they want the plan kept in place. And I agree, I shudder to think of another round of Harper, and a new round of Bush type dolts in place.

I think I have mentioned this story on here before but perhaps it is worth re-telling in light of the previous discussion. I hark back a while but I was having my breakfast on a US military base in Afghanistan and listening to the Fox news (not my choice) on the TV that was closest to me.

Why didn't you tell the Americans at their American base to stop watching Fox News and to tune in to state financed and controlled CBC News instead ? Also tell those 'merkins who they should vote for in the next election !