Seven things I've learned from FOX news.

Argus

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is really only one thing you can learn from Fox: enjoy it for the humorous sopa opera that it is, and when you want news, change the channel.

I agree...it is hardly surprising that so many Canadians watch Fox News Channel and other American cable news services. Who wants to watch the boring government financed and controlled CBC all the time ? The CBC News website just regurgitates American stories anyway.

I agree...it is hardly surprising that so many Canadians watch Fox News Channel and other American cable news services. Who wants to watch the boring government financed and controlled CBC all the time ? The CBC News website just regurgitates American stories anyway.

I have no idea who this government controlled news service is you speak of.

Maybe you don't, but your taxes do !

It seems you don't comprehend the difference between publicly finded and government controlled. I suggest you study a few programs we have here in Canada for clarification. Start off with something simple like, say, the Boy Scouts. Then move on to the CBC (ever watched them tear Harper apart?) and then the coup de grace would be the supreme court. Let me know when you get a handle on that.

It seems you don't comprehend the difference between publicly finded and government controlled.

Your defense of state sponsored and controlled media is admirable, but Fox News Channel doesn't need more than $1 billion in taxpayer subsidies each year to survive. I think Venezuela has state sponsored media too.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I don't watch much American news other than CNN from time to time, they seem to be a bit balanced. BBC also. My contention is if you follow Fox you will end up like a trained monkey.

Then you obviously know nothing about Fox News based on actually watching it. Trained monkeys watch a lot of American media too. American media is a lot more than just "news", and Canada gobbles up a lot of American content.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Then you obviously know nothing about Fox News based on actually watching it. Trained monkeys watch a lot of American media too. American media is a lot more than just "news", and Canada gobbles up a lot of American content.

Everything I know of Fox news comes from watching it. Most of the time you have a group of "guests" yelling all at the same time so nobody knows what the hell any one of them said anyway, so you grab the clicker to stop the noise. But then you discover the backgrounds of some of those so called "unbiased" talking heads, and you never get lead down that garden path again..

Everything I know of Fox news comes from watching it. Most of the time you have a group of "guests" yelling all at the same time so nobody knows what the hell any one of them said anyway, so you grab the clicker to stop the noise. But then you discover the backgrounds of some of those so called "unbiased" talking heads, and you never get lead down that garden path again..

You have contradicted yourself (again). Either you watch Fox News or you don't.

Guest Derek L

... and Canada gobbles up a lot of American content.

Here's a good op-ed from FOX and Washington Post Contributor, Dr Charles Krauthammer:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-stop-kicking-canada-around/2014/01/23/0398b8fa-846a-11e3-8099-9181471f7aaf_story.html?wprss=rss_charles-krauthammer

Fixated as we Americans are on Canada’s three most attention-getting exports — polar vortexes, Alberta clippers and the antics of Toronto’s addled mayor — we’ve somewhat overlooked a major feature of Canada’s current relations with the United States: extreme annoyance.

Last week, speaking to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Canada’s foreign minister calmly but pointedly complained that the United States owes Canada a response on the Keystone XL pipeline. “We can’t continue in this state of limbo,” he sort of complained, in what for a placid, imperturbable Canadian passes for an explosion of volcanic rage.

Great link and so true. The Obama administration just doesn't want to admit that they're against the project, so under the guise of "review" they keep delaying.

No he's right. You're wrong. It's called baseline budgeting. You're still clueless.

I feel fairly confident that baseline budgeting can be added to the extensive list of topics on which you are entirely ignorant.

I feel fairly confident that baseline budgeting can be added to the extensive list of topics on which you are entirely ignorant.

It seems to me that you're the one who's ignorant. Regardless, I mentioned a specific increase that was labeled as a cut by your ilk, which was a huge increase in funding, just not the 64% Democrats wanted. Even the sequestration saw departments still receiving more funding the next year as they did the previous. Only the rates of growth were slowed. So it's not slashing at all when you get into the details. But it's clearly obvious you're not interested in details at all. Just platitudes and strawmen.