Canadian Neocon Foreign Minister Praises Illegal Israeli Terror Attack

Yet another International Embarassment for Canada. Our government praising an Illegal Act of International Murder.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/05/john-baird-backs-israeli-airstrikes-raises-concerns-about-radical-jihadists-in-syria-2/

Addendum: Once again Canadian Neo-Conservatives end up on the opposite side of Scientists.

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel

Physicist pulls out of conference hosted by president Shimon Peres in protest at treatment of Palestinians

Last week he wrote a brief letter to the Israeli president to say he had changed his mind. He has not announced his decision publicly, but a statement published by the British Committee for the Universities of Palestine with Hawking's approval described it as "his independent decision to respect the boycott, based upon his knowledge of Palestine, and on the unanimous advice of his own academic contacts there".

http://www.guardian....cott?CMP=twt_gu

Edited by Lenny_Bruce

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how this is an "Embarassment for Canada".. How are we emberassed by this?

Yet another International Embarassment for Canada. Our government praising an Illegal Act of International Murder.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/05/john-baird-backs-israeli-airstrikes-raises-concerns-about-radical-jihadists-in-syria-2/

Israel is a rogue state.

There are at least two sides to every conflict. Your absolute refusal to learn about and understand the motivations of one side makes your comments on the situation completely useless. If you actually cared about the plight of the Palestinians you would make an effort to understand Israel POV because there will be no resolution unless the legitimate concerns of Israel are addressed. Edited by TimG

So syria is sending weapons to hamas to kill more jews, but nobody says a word ,untill they strike out to defend themselves and it is their fault. Then syria says that is a declaration of war, syria declared war on Israel decades ago, did they forget? But they anti-semantics on this board run to deep for people to really have a handle on what really is going on. The jones of the world should read up on the 1930's to see what they are doing, is the same as then.

Foreign policy from Canada is a mess and the Baird doesn't realize or cares the reaction in the world. Many countries are putting their respect, which Canada had before the Harper era, in the back, like the MP backbenchers. Israel, will always come first with this government and maybe the missing 3.1 Bil. went to Israel, since the US is having money problems. BTW, I've read that the rebels have collection to terrorist, the US and Canadians have fought against.

We have a foriegn policy that is what confuses you liberals. Liberal fence sitting is not a foriegn policy or is supporting dictators. I imagine we will find out that missing money went missing during the chretien rule. That is why justin is keeping his mouth shut. Isreal is a peacefull democratic country surounded by Islamic fanatics bent on the destruction of Israel. How does one support the goverments of Iran, egypt and other messes against Israel, that blows me away.

Foreign policy from Canada is a mess and the Baird doesn't realize or cares the reaction in the world. Many countries are putting their respect, which Canada had before the Harper era, in the back, like the MP backbenchers. Israel, will always come first with this government and maybe the missing 3.1 Bil. went to Israel, since the US is having money problems. BTW, I've read that the rebels have collection to terrorist, the US and Canadians have fought against.

Edited by PIK

Foreign policy from Canada is a mess and the Baird doesn't realize or cares the reaction in the world.

Actually, there is no 'reaction in the world' to worry about (i.e. most people don't know and don't care what the Canadian position is on these issues). This is entirely a fiction drummed up by Canadians who want to trash Harper (led my major anti-Harper media outlets like the Star and G&M).

If these critics had any integrity they would simply say directly that they oppose Harper policies instead creating phony stories about 'Canada's reputation'.

Edited by TimG

Tim. Quit beating around the bush. Israel is a rogue state in every sense.

Ah. No. That is nothing but your opinion. And as I said, your opinion is essentially useless because adds nothing useful to the discussion. If you actually cared about the plight of the Palestinians you would make an effort to understand Israel's side because without any understanding of that there will be no resolution to the conflict.

And you tell me I can't have a discussion. lol You need to get your own opinion about this, not what you learned at Israel apartied day, because that is all you are spewling.

rogue state

n
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a state that conducts its policy in a dangerously unpredictable way, disregarding international law or diplomacy

Guest Kenneth

rogue state

n
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a state that conducts its policy in a dangerously unpredictable way, disregarding international law or diplomacy

Not a huge fan of Israel, but let's face it, they're surrounded by hostile Islamic regimes and terrorist groups - so Israel's doing us a favor by pounding the crap out of them.

And you tell me I can't have a discussion. lol You need to get your own opinion about this, not what you learned at Israel apartied day, because that is all you are spewling.

rogue state

n

Israel's actions are not unpredictable. They are pretty much exactly what Israel says they are and will be. Further, Israel continually participates in international diplomacy. By the way, your definition from "free dictionary" isn't much good, I'll take this one over yours any time:

Rogue state is a controversial term applied by some international theorists to states they consider threatening to the world's peace. This means meeting certain criteria, such as being ruled by authoritarian regimes that severely restrict human rights, sponsor terrorism, and seek to proliferate weapons of mass destruction.[4] The term is used most by the United States, though the US State Department officially quit using the term in 2000.[5] However, it has been applied by other countries as well.[

Israel does not meet any of the criteria listed.

Edited by Bonam

Isn't neo con some sort of extreme liberal?

Rogue state is a fluffy cliché that, much like the term 'neocon', has been so often and so badly misused/exaggerated that it's now meaningless.

Israel's actions are not unpredictable. They are pretty much exactly what Israel says they are and will be. Further, Israel continually participates in international diplomacy. By the way, your definition from "free dictionary" isn't much good, I'll take this one over yours any time:

Rogue state is a controversial term applied by some international theorists to states they consider threatening to the world's peace. This means meeting certain criteria, such as being ruled by authoritarian regimes that severely restrict human rights, sponsor terrorism, and seek to proliferate weapons of mass destruction.[4] The term is used most by the United States, though the US State Department officially quit using the term in 2000.[5] However, it has been applied by other countries as well.[

Israel does not meet any of the criteria listed.

Israel is an authoritarian regime that does restrict human rights when it comes to the occupied territories.

They also violate international law by attacking sovereign countries, like they have done in Syria and Lebanon.

Israel is an authoritarian regime that does restrict human rights when it comes to the occupied territories.

They also violate international law by attacking sovereign countries, like they have done in Syria and Lebanon.

No, Israel is a democracy and has attacked no more sovereign countries than Canada has, violating "international law".

Edited by bush_cheney2004

But they anti-semantics on this board run to deep for people to really have a handle on what really is going on.

I don't think there are any anti-semantics on this board, but let's talk about semantics.

What I'm sure you meant to say was 'anti-semitics.'

An anti-semite is a person who is opposed to semites, ie. speakers of Semitic languages and their descendents.

Since the Arabs are semites then this attack on Syria was an anti-semitic attack, and John Baird's statement was an anti-semitic statement.

If that seems strange, its because people have been conditioned to believe the semantics of the term semite as to refer strictly to jews, and how convenient when that ignores the fact the majority of semites aren't jews at all, and are discriminated against on a level that in many ways makes apartheid look tame.

Edited by Lenny_Bruce

Unbelievable. You're clearly anti-Jew who offers more credence to regimes like Iran, Syria and terror organizations Hamas and Hezbollah. Its as simple as that. What scares me is more and more liberals like you are spewing this drivel...

Now the neocons aren't using anti-semite, because it doesn't make sense so its anti-jew now. Yeah any criticism of Israel's actions = anti-jew.

In the twilight zone that is...

thetwilightzone.jpg

We should all just cheer lead everything Israel does. If Israel attacks sovereign nations. That's great! If Israel kills innocent people that's great! If Israel treats much of its claimed citizens as subhumans that's great!

Edited by Lenny_Bruce