Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Guest American Woman

There should be a law making these IED bombs illegal. It would be a step in the right direction. I know that would just keep them out of the hands of law-abiding citizens but think about it, who really needs an IED bomb?

Wha...they are already illegal?

Does anyone think Bill Ayers has anything to do with it?

Yep, illegal already, and no I don't think Ayers had anything to do with it. We would have heard some group taking responsibility for it by now. But no claim as far as I have heard.

I don't know how this is going to play out, but who is going to get the blame if there is no one claiming the action?

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a law making these IED bombs illegal. It would be a step in the right direction. I know that would just keep them out of the hands of law-abiding citizens but think about it, who really needs an IED bomb?

Wha...they are already illegal?

Does anyone think Bill Ayers has anything to do with it?

Nope can't make weapons illegal that is the second amendment remember?

When you look frame by frame it looks as well like the camera angle changes a bit. When I played it back several times without going frame by frame I think I see what you do.

It's a bad quality picture to start with.

There are two cameras rolling to contribute to the bad quality.

The first is the ABC camera capturing the scene.

The second is capturing what is being displayed by the first on a TV screen.

The second camera bounces around because it is being held by an amateur and the focus moves in.

When the guy in the forefront of the scene moves in front of the alleged body parts there is a noticeable blur,then the body parts are completely gone with no single trace of blood or fragments,almost as if they were never there to start with.

All that is left is what appears to be a broken top part of a garden hoe?

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

Why should I feel any less for someone who died at the hands of a drunk driver? Seems to me that you saying that death is more tragic if it is a result of a terrorist attack. I completely disagree with that premise. Death is a tragedy but by obsessing about high profile deaths like this we are 'feeding the trolls' and making future attacks more likely.

Where did I say you should feel any more? Fact is, I didn't. But when this happens, and many, many people are there, and it's an "ongoing event," then people feel vulnerable. They are thankful that they aren't one of the victims. Therefore, they empathize. There's a bomber or two or three on the loose, and of course that's going to make people take pause - just as you would if there was a killer or child molester loose in your neighborhood. As I said, if you didn't feel any differently about that than you do about the chance of getting into a multi-car accident or a child getting hit walking to school, I think that's quite odd.

Of course the 24/7 news gets old, as it's repetition after repetition. That goes for any news item that's reported to death. But to pretend this isn't a big deal isn't fooling anyone.

If we really want to prevent these kinds of attacks then we need to stop reacting to them.

That's your opinion. IMO, "not reacting to them" at all, and not taking precautions when/where one should, isn't any better a solution than overreacting.

Guest American Woman

Today meaning July 1, 2002 ?

[...]

I think it's entirely acceptable to care more about such events, close to home. But if your intention is just to make people think a bit, then you have been successful.

Posting a news item that happened 10 years ago is supposed to make people think? As I recall, that incident was in the news a lot; there was a lot of coverage, and a lot of people expressing that they cared. To post an old news item, that wasn't even a deliberate act, and then accuse people of "not caring" sure gets me thinking - but not in the way the post was intended, I'm sure.

Tell what you all think of this article of the bombs,. Is there any truth or doubt and just plain lies? http://www.naturalnews.com/039928_Boston_marathon_bombings_official_story.html

I posted something similar yesterday but your link goes into more detail!

Does sound odd?

WWWTT

Very interesting. Are those wounded people/body parts being blurred out in the 2nd photo?

Yes because the image is rather gruesome.

I just noticed something, if you look at the position of the bag and then the fence that ended up being wrapped around the mail box after the explosion. Does it seem that perhaps the bag didn't have a bomb?

Edited by Sleipnir

The latest report is saying they think a pressure cooker was used as one of the bombs and apparently they have been used in the past in bombings in the US and in Afghanistan. Great, so now if someone goes to buy one, they get the third degree ot maybe they will banned them from sell?? So I guess the FBI, will have to go through and find out how many pressure cookers have been sold in the last months. http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/how-pressure-cooker-bombs-boost-the-deadliness-of-low-explosives-1.1241516

Here's another link downplaying conspiracy theories.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/boston.asp#facebook

WWWTT

Since I posted the initial 'suspicion', I'll also post the outcome:

http://m.digitaljournal.com/article/348143

Boston - Naharnet reported embassy spokesman Nail al-Jubeir said U.S. authorities told the embassy "that no Saudi national was a suspect in the Boston Marathon attack and that the Saudi national in question was a witness, not a suspect." A 20-year-old Saudi man injured in the attack had been been placed under guard at the hospital but was not under detention.

Guest Derek L

The latest report is saying they think a pressure cooker was used as one of the bombs and apparently they have been used in the past in bombings in the US and in Afghanistan. Great, so now if someone goes to buy one, they get the third degree ot maybe they will banned them from sell?? So I guess the FBI, will have to go through and find out how many pressure cookers have been sold in the last months. http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/how-pressure-cooker-bombs-boost-the-deadliness-of-low-explosives-1.1241516

Perhaps it’s time for a Pressure Cooker registry?

Guest Derek L

Naw. The reason this happened is because of the sequester. The Republicans have their fingerprints all over this one. (more sarcasm)

Let’s be reasonable…….At the very least, a national background check system for pressure cookers, coupled with a ban on high capacity pressure cookers…..Now I know the vast majority of pressure cookers are used in making tasty KFC like chicken, soups or bean based dishes (My wife makes some great pulled pork with ours), but clearly such devices should be regulated………..Along with match heads, ball bearings and nails.

If you look closely just before the person walks in front of the focus area you will see that someone pulls the debris away.

Nothing there really.

There is another video with a wider perspective, maybe same video but not cropped. The red thing was some fabric and was blowing in the wind or pulled out of the way. So correct, its nothing.

Here is another deadly attack on civilians today that doesn't deserve our attention and outrage.

US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding

So someone sets off a bomb to deliberately kill innocent people in the US and you reach back eleven years to when the US accidentally killed the wrong people in a middle of a war zone? There is something seriously wrong with you.

Today meaning July 1, 2002 ?

I get the juxtaposition of these types of "incidents" with acts of domestic terrorism, but by posting these things you also imply that you are above subjectivity yourself.

I think it's entirely acceptable to care more about such events, close to home. But if your intention is just to make people think a bit, then you have been successful.

I think his intention was to say any Americans who get blown up deserve to die.