Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Guest American Woman

Some similar events after the Boston Marathon and 9/11. Both were followed by letters laced with some chemical/biological agent.

I am surprised in a day and age of cameras being everywhere that there is nothing more definitive on who the suspects are. The information gathering centers across the USA were built to gather data and prevent this kind of thing.

One prediction is more police presence in the streets and more cameras. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

You forgot the upcoming push to limit and restrict the rights of Americans.

That one is usually the "mother jewell" in the crown.

WWWTT

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about Pakistan?

Lots of innocent Pakistani dead and still dying.

Who did Pakistan invade???

WWWTT

Again, after 9/11. Not to excuse "collateral damage" but most of the fatalities among Pakistani civilians are caused by their own radicals. Suicide bombings, car bombings, assasinations etc. It's a screwed up part of the world.

You forgot the upcoming push to limit and restrict the rights of Americans.

That one is usually the "mother jewell" in the crown.

WWWTT

We had seen recently with some of the restrictions being lifted with items that you can take on planes. TSA seeming to ease off on the pat downs and other little items. Then this comes along, I'll put money on those restrictions come back and then some. But all that is hinging on catching the suspects and figuring out if this was domestic terrorism or foreign terrorism,

To me the only thing that can be played out is domestic terrorism. Would be hard to pin it on North Korea, as they have not had a history of terrorism such as that in Boston. Iran is out of the question, as Syria is out of the question as well. Even if that was the case, I am not sure the public is going to buy it based on the blunder of the fake intelligence regarding Iraq. The USA cannot handle another invasion in another country. There is no political capitol to spend to make it happen.

So it will be domestic, and it will be some rag tag group. If the focus goes domestic, the groups like Oathkeepers and other freedom like militia groups will get the blame.

But I think it's got a nice psychological effect that there are no real suspects yet and no group has claimed responsibility. So everyone is a suspect now. Creates a nice air of paranoia among the people. The terrorists look like us now!!!

So expect a nice progression of Police and Military getting even more cozier.

Here is a future problem. If you are a fan of BSG, :D

Again, after 9/11. Not to excuse "collateral damage" but most of the fatalities among Pakistani civilians are caused by their own radicals. Suicide bombings, car bombings, assasinations etc. It's a screwed up part of the world.

It's been screwed up before 9/11. That does not detract from the fact that these drone strikes are really not eliminating any target of value. More often than not, there is very high ratio of collateral damage to the killing of known targets. Even the targets are not vetted with 100% certainty.

But here is what the real issue is. Sovereignty of a nation. It does not exist anymore. Yemen, Afghanistan and Pakistan are all being hit with regular drone strikes killing many innocents. These drone strikes are a violation of their sovereignty and are acts of war. Yemen, Pakistan can both claim 'acts of war' and retaliate without any issue. But we know where that would lead. The US would scream bloody murder if they were retaliated against, and then play the part of the bully who MUST do something to stop this terrorism.

It's also a case of being out of range and attacking targets that have no retaliatory capabilities.

Edited by GostHacked

Sure, I suppose though the contention is that the fellow in the black jacket and white ball cap is without his back-pack in the later pic:

suspect2.jpg

It could very well be nothing, and the site that provide the above bigger picture has opted to blank out the "person of interest's face" so as to avoid a Richard Jewell like "conviction" of the man, but the picture fits the description of the picture provided to the media from the FBI.

I guess we shall see.

Those two appear to be race bandits and not who anyone is looking at as responsible

So then you don't know what "circumstantial evidence" means

WWWTT

The reasons for invading Afghanistan were anything but circumstantial. Iraq was another matter. I do agree with GostHacket that as long as innocent people are being killed by allied strikes, it gives them a case to try and strike back. The irony is, those same organizations are responsible for far more deaths in those countries than the US.

Guest American Woman

I think that he made an error because that link has been circulating a lot recently.

I have done the same.

Does not really matter because there are numerous other new examples happening on a regular basis in Afghanistan.

Yeah, it most definitely does matter. If there are so many other new examples happening on a regular basis, Hudson can post about those, not something that happened years ago, presenting it as something it's not.

Edited by American Woman

Guest Derek L

Those two appear to be race bandits and not who anyone is looking at as responsible

Just saying:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2310859/Boston-bombings-suspect-latest-FBI-hunt-men-packs-near-marathon-finish-line.html

• Authorities ask federal and state agents to help identify two men seen in photos
    • The men are described as of 'high interest' in the probe into the deadly Boston Marathon blasts
    • Both were wearing sports tops- one in a black shirt and a white baseball cap and the other in a blue shirt
    • One of the men 'dashed away' from the bomb site
    • Much of key evidence from security video at the Lord and Taylor department store - near the site of Monday's second blast
    • Devices were designed to act as 'Claymore' anti-personnel devices - which are meant to maim on the battlefield
    • The pressure-cooker bombs were packed with shards of metal, nails and ball bearings
    • Eight-year-old boy, 29-year-old woman and University of Boston grad student killed in the attack
    • 183 people injured, at least 23 of them in critical condition and 'a lot' of amputations have been performed

One of the two men being sought over the Boston Marathon bombing dressed up like a runner in an apparent bid to blend in with the crowd.

Photos obtained by the FBI show the man in his 20s in a light blue sports top which is the same color and shade as that worn by the 26,000 people who competed in the race.

The pictures have been circulated to law enforcement agencies around the region but have not been made public as FBI sources claim it would jeopardize the investigation.

The photos have also been seen by members of the media - including MailOnline - who have agreed not to reproduce them.

However, other publications have chosen to ignore the FBI guidance and publish the pictures which are now circulating on the internet.

Guest American Woman

I can see why there's "interest" in these men - If they are the same men, since they aren't releasing the photos ....

Investigators have pinpointed two men as "possible suspects" who were seen in images near the finish line of this week's Boston Marathon .....

One of the men is seen carrying a black backpack. An FBI official earlier said that authorities believe the bombs were placed inside a black nylon backpack or bag.

Given the circumstances, if authorities weren't looking into it, I'd say there was something wrong with their ability to carry out an investigation.

Edited by American Woman

Today meaning July 1, 2002 ?

I get the juxtaposition of these types of "incidents" with acts of domestic terrorism, but by posting these things you also imply that you are above subjectivity yourself.

I think it's entirely acceptable to care more about such events, close to home. But if your intention is just to make people think a bit, then you have been successful.

May I respectfullu state you refrain from moderating posts involving "Hudson Jones" in the future. You clearly show a bias, albeit probably unintended in the above response that favours this "Hudson Jones".

I held back a day before responding and will respond now: the above is a classic example of someone trying to exploit a tragic act of terrorism by using an arguement that is illogical and suggests since the US killed innocent civilians in Afghanistan, if innocent people die in Boston, this makes any of us ouitraged at this latest act a hypocrate. If Mr. hardner you missed that point, have someone else other then I explain it as you clearly have demonstrated you think I am out to get this poster in a previous conclusion that I called "Hudson Jones" a name.

I find the comment coming from "Hudson Jones" a blatant example of justification of terrorism by stating since he considers the US a terrorist state, US citizens should suffer and all of us who are disgusted with terrorism are two faced since we do not live up to this "Hudson Jones" unknown subjective definition of moral acceptability.

I call bullshit on this "Hudson Jones" posting site and say to exploit terrorism, to try justify it and attack not just the US government and its foreign policy but all American citizens and everyone of us disgusted with this act as being morally two faced is the ultimate in two faced hypocracy.

This poster, "Hudson Jones" will not even admit Hamas or Hezbollah exists and he comes on this forum to suggest I or anyone else is two faced because we are disgusted at terrorism? What bsand for you to say it may make people think is also bs. Speak for yourself.

This was an act of brutal cowardice. The wedding incident was not a deliberate premeditated act. One targetted civilians delibreately, the other was an accident.

There's nothing subjective in understanding that difference. The facts speak for themselves in both cases. If someone wants to t ry justify terrorism in the US and then insult all Americans or anyone who cares about this incident by saying we are somehow not in the position to say anything because this self appointed moral judge has decided he thinks all of us do not care innocent people died in Afghanistan is utter b.s.

Here you want me to make people think? How about I start with you. How are these two acts the same? How would any rational person conclude they are?

Why would any rational person attempt to insult those of us horrifed at an act of terror by making a bold faced generalization we don't care about the death of innocent Afghanistan civilians so we are all twof aced. What bs is that.

You want me make you think? Sure. The fact that I am disgusted a coward or cowards committed this act does not mean I wanted some innocent family in Afghanistan to die.

Do you have any idea what the m.o. for that reasoning is-do you? Have you read the manifesto of Hamas and Hezbollah that states it is justified to kill innocent civilians if they are citizens of a country you consider yourself at war with?

Make me think? Not me. I know terrorist justification and code references when I see them. How about you?

Are you saying the two are linked and we should think about it?

What next you want to give a Justin Trudeau lecture about getting to the root cause of this act?

Do you not already know-its called justifying the use of violence with political pretension. No more no less. There is nothing to think about.

What we all know is the moment anyone justifies violence for any reason-this shit happens.

Today meaning July 1, 2002 ?

I get the juxtaposition of these types of "incidents" with acts of domestic terrorism, but by posting these things you also imply that you are above subjectivity yourself.

I think it's entirely acceptable to care more about such events, close to home. But if your intention is just to make people think a bit, then you have been successful.

sorry I and others do not and may I respectfully state you refrain from moderating posts involving "Hudson Jones" in the future. You clearly show a bias, albeit probably unintended in the above response that favours this "Hudson Jones".

I held back a day before responding and will respond now: the above is a classic example of someone trying to exploit a tragic act of terrorism by using an arguement that is illogical and suggests since the US killed innocent civilians in Afghanistan, if innocent people die in Boston, this makes any of us ouitraged at this latest act a hypocrite. I call absolute b.s. Its a smear against people. It is a deliberate comment designed to insult and incite anger.

If Mr. hardner you missed that point, have someone else other than I explain it as you clearly have demonstrated you think I am out to get this poster in a previous conclusion that I called "Hudson Jones" skunk spray..

I find the comment coming from "Hudson Jones" a blatant example of justification of terrorism by stating since he considers the US a terrorist state, US citizens should suffer and all of us who are disgusted with terrorism are two faced since we do not live up to this "Hudson Jones" unknown subjective definition of moral acceptability.

I call bullshit on this "Hudson Jones" posting site and say to exploit terrorism, to try justify it and attack not just the US government and its foreign policy but all American citizens and everyone of us disgusted with this act as being morally two faced is the ultimate in two faced hippocracy and post baiting.

This poster, "Hudson Jones" will not even admit Hamas or Hezbollah exists and he comes on this forum to suggest I or anyone else is two faced because we are disgusted at terrorism? What bs for you to say it may make people think. Speak for yourself.

This bo,bing was an act of brutal cowardice. The wedding incident was not a deliberate premeditated act. One targetted civilians deliberately, the other was an accident.

There's nothing subjective in understanding that difference.

The facts speak for themselves in both cases.

If someone wants to try justify terrorism in the US and then insult all Americans or anyone who cares about this incident by saying we are somehow not in the position to say anything because this self appointed moral judge "Hudson Jones" has decided "Hudson Jones" thinks all of us do not care innocent people died in Afghanistan is utter b.s.

Here you want me to make people think? How about I start with you. How are these two acts the same? How would any rational person conclude they are?

Why would any rational person attempt to insult those of us horrifed at an act of terror by making a bold faced generalization we don't care about the death of innocent Afghanistan civilians . What utter hate mongering.

The fact that I am disgusted a coward or cowards committed this act does not mean I wanted some innocent family in Afghanistan to die.

Do you have any idea where the m.o. for that reasoning "Hudson Jones has thrown out comes from? Have you read the manifesto of Hamas and Hezbollah that states it is justified to kill innocent civilians if they are citizens of a country you consider yourself at war with?

Make me think? No not me. I know terrorist justification and code references justifying terorism against the US when I see them. I don't need to have this hate mongerer exploit this incident any more than I need you to justofy his illogical, hateful generalizations as thought provoking. "Hudson Jones" words incite hatred, anger, intolerance not thought.

Thhere is no thought provokation in using violence or justifying it. All it does is incite more violence.

Edited by Rue

Guest American Woman

I held back a day before responding and will respond now: the above is a classic example of someone trying to exploit a tragic act of terrorism by using an arguement that is illogical and suggests since the US killed innocent civilians in Afghanistan, if innocent people die in Boston, this makes any of us ouitraged at this latest act a hypocrite. I call absolute b.s. Its a smear against people. It is a deliberate comment designed to insult and incite anger. [...]

I'll just add one this - in spite of the differences between the incidents, which you pointed out so well, people DID care when the Afghans were killed. It was covered extensively at the time. To present it now, as if it had just happened but people didn't care enough to report it/respond to it, is beyond the pale - and to have anyone give it any credibility at all by saying "you were successful - in getting people to think a bit" is really not much better, IMO.

Guest American Woman

I think there may be two different sets of "two men who are people of interest." From what I've read, authorities haven't released photos of the two men that they are interested in.

Edited by American Woman

Guest Derek L

Just read this:

http://tehrantimes.com/politics/106910-supreme-leader-condemns-boston-bombings

Supreme Leader condemns Boston bombings

...“The Islamic Republic of Iran, inspired by the logic of Islam, is against and condemns any form of bombing and killing of innocent people, whether it be in Boston of the United States or in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria.”

I interpret his remarks as “please don’t bomb us Great Satan with your magic drones”…….

Guest American Woman

Just read this:

...“The Islamic Republic of Iran, inspired by the logic of Islam, is against and condemns any form of bombing and killing of innocent people, whether it be in Boston of the United States or in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria.”

I interpret his remarks as “please don’t bomb us Great Satan with your magic drones”…….

I can't help but notice that no mention was made of Israel ....

Just read this:

http://tehrantimes.com/politics/106910-supreme-leader-condemns-boston-bombings

Iran came out against the 9/11 attacks as well and actually worked with the US with security in the beginning. Edited by GostHacked

Oh my goodness, backpacks at a marathon!

There are literally hundreds if not a thousand people with back packs at something like this.

There are hundreds of bandits that show up for this race as it is one of the best. Might as well show a video w littel arrows pointing out all the folks w backpacks