Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Guest American Woman

Guest American Woman

Or it could simply be that the date of the Boston Marathon and those dates are a coincidence.

I've heard that there was another explosion at the JFK library ... It's being considered "an ongoing event."

Edited by American Woman

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to automatically think "terrorism," but after seeing the locations and times, one can't help but wonder. Of course there is the possibility of a gas line explosion, but the timing and location considering the event makes the coincidence seem so unlikely.

One of Al Quaeda's "signatures" is multiple and virtually simultaneous explosions.

Guest Derek L

Well it could be a kind of “anniversary bombing”………Waco April 19 1993.……Oklahoma City April 19 1995.…..

And to add, April 15 1986 was the day Libya got itself bombed……..

Guest American Woman

One of Al Quaeda's "signatures" is multiple and virtually simultaneous explosions.

This is true. I think the multiple locations make domestic terrorism seem less likely, too.

Guest Derek L

Or it could simply be that the date of the Boston Marathon and those dates are a coincidence.

I've heard that there was another explosion at the JFK library ... It's being considered "an ongoing event."

For sure.......And just heard a "package" was found at JFK in New York.......A bomb was also found today at the Maricopa country Sheriffs office.....

Guest Derek L

And start the Alex Jones types:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/15/americans-think-more-about-terror-crime-study/

Said report was released about an hour and a half prior to the Boston attack.....

A large majority of respondents said that the U.S. government has been very effective (33 percent) or somewhat effective (54 percent) at preventing terrorism, despite the fact that 69 percent endorsed the view that “terrorists will always find a way to carry out major attacks no matter what the U.S. government does.”

The survey also found that clear majorities of respondents were willing to meet with local police or officials from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to discuss terrorism, data which suggest that community outreach programs may be a viable strategy for countering violent extremism in the United States.

Guest Derek L

Just going by past history .... and the number of people generally involved in domestic terrorism incidents.

Sure........just heard the person detained in Boston is a Saudi national.......

Guest American Woman

Sure........just heard the person detained in Boston is a Saudi national.......

That's according to the New York Post; again, I'm not sure how reliable a source the NYPost is.

That's according to the New York Post; again, I'm not sure how reliable a source the NYPost is.

Their numbers are not matching the rest of what I am hearing from everyone else. So this might be bunk as well, who knows. But cell phone service has now be axed ... interesting. This is going to turn out to be a big deal and blamed on domestic terrorism in my view.

But if it was a Saudi that did this, does this mean we can go into Syria now? Maybe Iran? Or what about North Korea?

Guest American Woman

The confirmed numbers for the injured are now matching the Post's.

According to the Boston Globe, 100+ people are being treated at local hospitals.

Edited by American Woman

Guest Derek L

Fox is now confirming a "person of interest" like NY Post.......

Their facts are usually fine; the presentation, not so much.

Guest American Woman

Fox is now confirming a "person of interest" like NY Post.......

Hmmm. Interesting. Like I said, authorities may be reluctant to release too much info too fast ... but maybe FOX is just repeating what the NYPost said? I see a lot of sites referring to the Post's claim.

Guest American Woman

Their facts are usually fine; the presentation, not so much.

So are you saying that you think their claims of a Saudi national being detained is likely accurate?

Guest Derek L

Their numbers are not matching the rest of what I am hearing from everyone else. So this might be bunk as well, who knows. But cell phone service has now be axed ... interesting. This is going to turn out to be a big deal and blamed on domestic terrorism in my view.

But if it was a Saudi that did this, does this mean we can go into Syria now? Maybe Iran? Or what about North Korea?

Like I said on the first page:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/22566-explosions-at-the-boston-marathon/

I would hazard a guess that reports are fuzzy since the cell phone service will be shut down in the area for fear of the devices being similar to the IEDs found in Iraq and Afghanistan…..

That's just standard with any remote explosive devices.........The police will be doing controlled detonations and they won't want zillions of cells screwing them up.....

Guest Derek L

Hmmm. Interesting. Like I said, authorities may be reluctant to release too much info too fast ... but maybe FOX is just repeating what the NYPost said? I see a lot of sites referring to the Post's claim.

Perhaps, but they are both owned by Rupert.........

Guest American Woman

That's just standard with any remote explosive devices.........The police will be doing controlled detonations and they won't want zillions of cells screwing them up.....

According to the Boston Globe: "Cellphone service shut down in Boston to prevent remote detonations of explosives, official says:"

Guest Derek L

And well listening to said emergency scanner, Mass General just declared a Code Black.......meaning a Bomb threat.

Edited by Derek L

Guest American Woman

Just heard that the Boston police said no one is in custody - that "they don't know where people are getting that from." Apparently there are no suspects at this time.