Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Guest American Woman

Guest American Woman

Because there could be a whole whack of his friends living (and buying croc-pots) inside your country and Russia.

That doesn't explain why the U.S. would want to give up control of his trial and sentence. They haven't given up any other terror suspects.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't subscribe to the "blame the village" idea whenever evil strikes. I believe in personal responsibility. Not to mention that the "village" they spent half their life in is Russia. Odd that the only "village" you ever hold responsible is the West.

There's nothing odd about it and I only blame the west when evil blows back in it's face.

You'll be happy to know I believe in personal responsibility too.

Guest Derek L

That doesn't explain why the U.S. would want to give up control of his trial and sentence. They haven't given up any other terror suspects.

I never said they would have to give up the trial or sentence.

Guest American Woman

There's nothing odd about it and I only blame the west when evil blows back in it's face.

Yes. So very happy. <_<

And of course whenever evil happens, it's evil blowing back in the West's face; and "personal responsibility" falls on the shoulder of those in the west, not those doing the deed.

I don't get you.

I'm just glad they got one of the bastards. Hopefully there can be some kind of a death sentence in his future.

Guest Derek L

So why/when would the U.S. send him back to Russia?

Because his older brother just returned form the place……….Do you understand the relationship between Russia and Chechnya?

Guest American Woman

Because his older brother just returned form the place……….Do you understand the relationship between Russia and Chechnya?

Yes, I do. I just don't understand your reasoning - and I've stated why.

Politically their act made absolutely no sense. It is important for the Chechens to maintain the impression that Russia is a cruel oppressor and all the Chechens want is an independent country of their own. Who could oppose that? After all, were it not for the Russia-Chechnya conflict few in the west would have ever heard of the place anyway.

By carrying out a terrorist-act in the United States the brothers ruined whatever positive was left of the image of the Chechens outside Russia. I doubt it very much these guys are thought very highly of in Chechnya.

Yes. So very happy. <_<

And of course whenever evil happens, it's evil blowing back in the West's face; and "personal responsibility" falls on the shoulder of those in the west, not those doing the deed.

No not at all, of course these people are personally responsible for killing and hurting others. I'm merely trying to come to an understanding of what's behind their reasons for doing so and a good number of them IMO and apparently that of billions of other human beings, make us complicit in our own misfortune.

Guest American Woman

According to the uncle: “I respect this country, I love this country,” .... “[The bombing] has nothing to do with Chechnya … He put a shame on our family, he put a shame on the entire Chechen ethnicity.”

Tsami said the apparently misguided radical Islamic beliefs that may have driven the brothers to kill was horribly warped. Asked what he believed provoked his nephews, Tsarni replied: "Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves, these are the only reasons I can imagine. Anything else, anything else to do with religion is a fraud. It's a fake. We're Muslims. We're ethnic Chechyans."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/19/turn-yourself-in-and-ask-forgiveness-angry-uncle-bombing-suspect-demands/#ixzz2Qxjn6lv3

Guest Derek L

Politically their act made absolutely no sense. It is important for the Chechens to maintain the impression that Russia is a cruel oppressor and all the Chechens want is an independent country of their own. Who could oppose that? After all, were it not for the Russia-Chechnya conflict few in the west would have ever heard of the place anyway.

By carrying out a terrorist-act in the United States the brothers ruined whatever positive was left of the image of the Chechens outside Russia. I doubt it very much these guys are thought very highly of in Chechnya.

The Chechens gave up the moral high ground with Beslan......

I don't get you.

I'm just glad they got one of the bastards. Hopefully there can be some kind of a death sentence in his future.

That's okay, I don't get you either.

I'm glad they got him too. Maybe we'll learn something. I doubt he'll be executed, unless I'm mistaken Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty.

Guest Derek L

That's okay, I don't get you either.

I'm glad they got him too. Maybe we'll learn something. I doubt he'll be executed, unless I'm mistaken Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty.

That's true, but he committed a federal crime......

So why/when would the U.S. send him back to Russia?

It makes no sense at all. Give him up to the Russians and the outcome is completely up in the air. Any intel they learn they could keep for themselves. Or they could let him go afterwards! Who the hell knows!

DerekL is speaking nonsense.

Guest American Woman

Give him up to the Russians and the outcome is completely up in the air. Any intel they learn they could keep for themselves. Or they could let him go afterwards! Who the hell knows!

This is what I'm thinking ...

Guest Derek L

It makes no sense at all. Give him up to the Russians and the outcome is completely up in the air. Any intel they learn they could keep for themselves. Or they could let him go afterwards! Who the hell knows!

DerekL is speaking nonsense.

No, the CIA, FBI and NSA have been making use of rendition post 9/11.…..Last summer, a United States Federal Judge ruled that the said alphabet agencies didn’t have to disclose information to the British Government over the usage of US military bases (for namely refuelling) within the United Kingdom and their overseas territories……….As to the Russians, despite the bluster and like the Americans, they fear radical Islam far more then their Cold War advisories.

No, the CIA, FBI and NSA have been making use of rendition post 9/11.…..Last summer, a United States Federal Judge ruled that the said alphabet agencies didn’t have to disclose information to the British Government over the usage of US military bases (for namely refuelling) within the United Kingdom and their overseas territories……….As to the Russians, despite the bluster and like the Americans, they fear radical Islam far more then their Cold War advisories.

In this particular case, "extraordinary rendition" makes no sense whatsoever.

It's a neat scene near the capture site where people are showing their gratitude to the law enforcement folks.

The USA chants are a bit goofy, but I guess people are relieved.

Guest Derek L

And it's just been reported on FNC, said suspect has not and will not be read his Miranda rights, indicating he'll be treated as an enemy combatant ..........And I'm talking nonsense :rolleyes:

So the question to be asked: Straight to Gitmo without passing go or to Gitmo via Russia...

Guest American Woman

And it's just been reported on FNC, said suspect has not and will not be read his Miranda rights, indicating he'll be treated as an enemy combatant ..........And I'm talking nonsense :rolleyes:

So the question to be asked: Straight to Gitmo without passing go or to Gitmo via Russia...

"An administration official said Tsarnaev was not read his Miranda rights and could be questioned without them for up to 48 hours under a special legal exception used in cases where public safety is at stake."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17823265-we-got-him-boston-bombing-suspect-captured-alive?lite

I take it you don't subscribe to the idea it takes a village to raise a child?

Yes and no.

On the two ends of the spectrum you have the 'saints' and the 'evil' people, but generally everyone else falls somewhere within a spectrum when it comes to their desire to hurt or help people.

Of course environmental issues then play a role when a person has certain predispositions, but the person has to have those to begin with. Lots of disenfranchised kids are outraged all over the world, but they don't want to hurt others as a result.

On the flip-side we see it here too. How many stories have come out about kids who joined the military after 9/11 just to go overseas and get some kind of vengeance on innocent people who happen to be Muslim?

I'm sorry, but they're no different than terrorists.

Everyone likes to turn a blind eye to the 'evil' that lurks within their own culture (or downplay it as not *as* bad)... but truth is, they're everywhere.

No not at all, of course these people are personally responsible for killing and hurting others. I'm merely trying to come to an understanding of what's behind their reasons for doing so and a good number of them IMO and apparently that of billions of other human beings, make us complicit in our own misfortune.

See brother, that's where "it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks". There is no point trying to understand crazy.