Marc Garneau quitting race

You're bitching because the Conservatives did their best to portray their opposition as being less capable of governing than they are? Not very familiar with politics, are you?

I'm saying that the Conservatives air negative ads/push editorials in massive quantities to purposefully misinform the public, all the time.

That is what they are good at, character assassination of ideas and people that don't fit their ideology.

From the viewpoint of the opposition, it is better to have a charismatic leader who can take a frontal blow to their negative, underhanded campaign to misinform the public... The Cons have been successful at misinforming sheeple... From convincing them that overreaching laws to take away consumer freedoms are good, to convincing conservative followers that downward pressure on middle income earners during huge profits and wage increases for the wealthy is a good idea.

If keeping one's hand hidden is required to weather the storm, then so be it.

Let's be clear here too. The Conservatives under Harper purposefully didn't release full campaign information until after debates... so that here was nothing to attack them for while they slandered the ideas of all of the other parties.

All I am saying is that, maybe the Liberals are taking a page from the underhanded Conservative playbook...

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

Provide example

Provide examples of this please.

You just have to go to the National Post or The Sun and read the rhetoric.

The think tanks behind the conservatives are concerned, maybe not scared but, definitely concerned.

You just have to go to the National Post or The Sun and read the rhetoric.

The think tanks behind the conservatives are concerned, maybe not scared but, definitely concerned.

So criticizing him equals scared? Liberals in Ontario must be terrified of Tim Hudak then.

BTW referring to Conservative misinformation. Do you remember the attack ads in the 2006 campaign from the Liberals with this stern woman talking about Conservatives allowing soldiers with guns in the streets?

Now that sounded like a party that was terrified.

The conservatives attacks ads are very pale compared to what the big red machine and the media did to harper. And thank god for the sun or we would not know anything about the liberal antics, or even some dumb conservative stuff. I am starting to like sun tv, and they are not afraid to take on the tories either, can the CBC say the same?

And thank god for the sun or we would not know anything about the liberal antics, or even some dumb conservative stuff.

You obviously don't read anything but the Sun. Have a look at the National Post and The Globe and Mail for a change; Trudeau doesn't get a free ride from editorialists at either.

I am starting to like sun tv

You should keep that to yourself.

[ed.: ital.]

Edited by g_bambino

Heard that day those 300 000 liberals they were talking about last week are just names on paper with out phone numbers or emails. Only 100 000 the people actually registered. More Liberal lies. Did they not think we would find out?

I've never heard about not having phone number, but have heard about there not being emails. This isn't really that odd though.

You obviously don't read anything but the Sun. Have a look at the National Post and The Globe and Mail for a change; Trudeau doesn't get a free ride from editorialists at either.

You should keep that to yourself.

[ed.: ital.]

But not that hard of a ride either. I read the sun (sometimes) , citizen, t star (for comic relief) and the G&M. The sun breaks it and the rest follow. But sun news on TV has come a long way from the start. I like alders show and a couple others but not all. I find lilley ok at times but then he gets like fox news guys at times, which I don't watch. But come on over all trudeau is getting a free ride from most. He is the wonder boy.

Yep the Liberals really salted the earth with the soldiers in the streets ads. Seriously pretending the past ads about Harper didn't happen would be like Conservatives pretending the Chretien talks funny ads didn't happen either. This is politics its dirty. If you nominate someone who:

Taught at 20,000 dollar tuition high school for two years couldn't cut it so went to do an engineering degree which he then dropped to try another degree which he dropped

Who wrote " “I don’t read newspapers. I don’t watch the news. I figure, if something happens, someone will tell me.”

Who has the worst attendance record in parliament of anyone who is not a Federal leader already

You need to expect the attacks. Its only fair. I mean they played that Harper quote about how much he thinks Atlantic Canada sucks like a million times in the last two elections. That is the way the game is played. The Liberals need to get with it and define their leader now. They have the money.

Very good point bambino. The Toronto Star and The Sun are two of the worst newspapers in the country. It's unavoidable that there's going to be an editorial 'lean' in any newspaper, but these two push the dogma out unapologetically and with so much misinformation that I can't stand either of them.

I used to like reading the Globe, as it seemed to be the most professional of the bunch, but I'm sure as hell not paying a subscription to read the news online. Now I'm stuck with CBC and the Post, and I'm not fond of either.

Very good point bambino. The Toronto Star and The Sun are two of the worst newspapers in the country. It's unavoidable that there's going to be an editorial 'lean' in any newspaper, but these two push the dogma out unapologetically and with so much misinformation that I can't stand either of them.

I used to like reading the Globe, as it seemed to be the most professional of the bunch, but I'm sure as hell not paying a subscription to read the news online. Now I'm stuck with CBC and the Post, and I'm not fond of either.

Why would you pay to read the Globe? You read ten free stories, then just delete their cookie and read ten more.

Looks like this Garneau thread has turned into an Justin roast!

It seems odd that one of the more well known liberals has stepped out of this race all ready?

And has anyone seen the liberal leadership debates?They appear very low budget and unorganized.

There is too much confusion and mistakes coming out of the liberal party these days and I find it perplexing that some polls say that Justin is riding high???

Something tells me that I am not the only one that can clearly see that there is a disconnect.

Perhaps after Justin holds the reigns,his free lunch will be over and he will have to eventually start showing up to parliament and talking.

WWWTT