Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

Nope that's not what I said.

What I said is that the Ford brothers should not be paying for councillor and mayor expences.

If I have the opportunity (perhaps at the next Chinese NDP social) I will ask Olivia's view.

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the guy who's posted 50,000 anti-Obama threads in the last five years.

Yep. Based on policy. Not trying to delegitimize his as office holder the way you and others continue your white whale (pun intended) attempts to delegitimize Ford's taking of office.

Yep. Based on policy. Not trying to delegitimize his as office holder the way you and others continue your white whale (pun intended) attempts to delegitimize Ford's taking of office.

So of what policy is "affirmative action president" a critique? You really need to try thinking this stuff through before you post.

That aside, I've pointed out the difficulties inherent in critiquing Ford's policies: there's nothing there to critique. All we have to work with is the bumblefuck stuff he keeps blundering into on his own accord.

So of what policy is "affirmative action president" a critique? You really need to try thinking this stuff through before you post.That aside, I've pointed out the difficulties inherent in critiquing Ford's policies: there's nothing there to critique. All we have to work with is the bumblefuck stuff he keeps blundering into on his own accord.

The affirmative-action critique isn't as much a critique of him as it is of the mainstream media, that hold him to a much lower standard than past presidents.

I just think its silly to go on for 100 pages over his 911 call for example. Stick to substance.

Actually Shady,being overweight is considered an disability.

And since Ford is overweight (you got to be kidding me if you disagree),Ford can be considered an affirmative action Mayor!

So that would mean that Ford was only elected mayor because he is fat.

But that would not be logical because affirmative action is only in reference to hiring practices by an employer.So therefore I would never call/accuse an elected official of being elected through affirmative action

See what I just did there Shady?

WWWTT

Actually Shady,being overweight is considered an disability.

And since Ford is overweight (you got to be kidding me if you disagree),Ford can be considered an affirmative action Mayor!

So that would mean that Ford was only elected mayor because he is fat.

But that would not be logical because affirmative action is only in reference to hiring practices by an employer.So therefore I would never call/accuse an elected official of being elected through affirmative action

See what I just did there Shady?

WWWTT

See what you did there? You mean not make any sense? Like I said, the reason I refer to Obama as the first affirmative action president is because of the lesser standard the press holds him to, as oppose to past presidents. Rob Ford on the otherhand, gets held responsible for everything. So the situations aren't even close to comparable. If Ford sneezes it's a month long news story. If Obama sneezes, the press asks which Republican made him sneeze.

See what you did there? You mean not make any sense? Like I said, the reason I refer to Obama as the first affirmative action president is because of the lesser standard the press holds him to, as oppose to past presidents. Rob Ford on the otherhand, gets held responsible for everything. So the situations aren't even close to comparable. If Ford sneezes it's a month long news story. If Obama sneezes, the press asks which Republican made him sneeze.

Yah they treat so much easier then the president's whose war they supported whole heartedly and didn't challenge over the WMD lies. You are not being genuine the press drummed up support for Bush's war based on lies base solely on his "just trust me" bs.

Lets all get serious the reason why Shady calls Obama the AA president is that he never wants us to forget what race Obama is because his reason given here makes no sense when we remember the press handling of Bush and his war in 2003.

Actually,affirmative action has nothing to do with the elimination/reduction of standards.

But you always seem fixated to imply to everyone that because he is half African,then he is not as smart/responsible/good judge of character/articulate as if a white person would be.

Rob Ford pretty much gets what he deserves because him and his brother stick their neck out and try to fool everyone,like paying for councilor and mayor expenses out of their own pocket!

There are lots of conservatives that don't stick their neck out like Rob Ford or Doug,so those conservatives are harder to criticize.

But not the Ford brothers,their the gift that keeps giving!

Oh and by the way,do you have the link about Rob Ford sneezing???

WWWTT

Yah they treat so much easier then the president's whose war they supported whole heartedly and didn't challenge over the WMD lies. You are not being genuine the press drummed up support for Bush's war based on lies base solely on his "just trust me" bs.

Shady is just another typical conservative that wants to silence the press like some dictators do!(Harper maybe?)

WWWTT

Oh why again Ford?Why again?

This guy is starting to become the political broken record of the 21 century!

He has pretty much buried his political future in a bottle now and rehab is his only recourse now.

Here's the dirt from the Toronto Star

Garrison Ball is an annual dinner,

attended by 800 soldiers, sailors, airforce personnel and civilians.
The ball raised money for the well known Wounded Warriors charity.
Billed as an evening of “pageantry and camaraderie,” the dinner was held
on Saturday, Feb. 23, at the Liberty Grand near Toronto’s waterfront.

Guests at the event included Minister of National Defence Peter
MacKay, Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Tom Lawson, and Vice-Admiral Paul
Maddison, the commander of the Royal Canadian Navy.

Ford arrived late to the cocktail and dinner event. He was speaking in
a rambling, incoherent manner that alarmed some of the guests,
according to organizers, military reservists and a prominent Ottawa
conservative who were interviewed for this story. Toronto Councillor
Paul Ainslie, a strong Ford ally, confirmed to the Star that Ford was
asked to leave.

If anyone here wants to defend Ford now,I urge you to think twice!

Ford needs to step down immediately and seek help,put the political ambitions away,consider the importance of the Toronto citizens and his own health.

WWWTT

Oh why again Ford?Why again?

This guy is starting to become the political broken record of the 21 century!

He has pretty much buried his political future in a bottle now and rehab is his only recourse now.

Here's the dirt from the Toronto Star

Garrison Ball is an annual dinner,

attended by 800 soldiers, sailors, airforce personnel and civilians.

The ball raised money for the well known Wounded Warriors charity.

Billed as an evening of pageantry and camaraderie, the dinner was held

on Saturday, Feb. 23, at the Liberty Grand near Torontos waterfront.

Guests at the event included Minister of National Defence Peter

MacKay, Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Tom Lawson, and Vice-Admiral Paul

Maddison, the commander of the Royal Canadian Navy.

Ford arrived late to the cocktail and dinner event. He was speaking in

a rambling, incoherent manner that alarmed some of the guests,

according to organizers, military reservists and a prominent Ottawa

conservative who were interviewed for this story. Toronto Councillor

Paul Ainslie, a strong Ford ally, confirmed to the Star that Ford was

asked to leave.

If anyone here wants to defend Ford now,I urge you to think twice!

Ford needs to step down immediately and seek help,put the political ambitions away,consider the importance of the Toronto citizens and his own health.

WWWTT

Right The Star had never made up stuff about the mayor before. Wait they do!

Heard Douglas Holloway on the radio regarding this issue. He was pretty pissed. Apparently there are only "unnamed sources" that verify these. claims of alcoholism.

Well he just said he was asked to leave. Where's the claim from him Ford has a drinking problem. Why aren't the organizers on record?

Remember when the Star said Ford assaulted a football player and when another paper actually asked the kid he said it never happened.

Edited by Boges

Well he just said he was asked to leave. Where's the claim from him Ford has a drinking problem. Why aren't the organizers on record?

Never heard of the mayor of the city of where an event was being held to be "asked to leave" before! (or any politician or notable for that matter)

Ford must have done something very serious to be asked to leave!

WWWTT