Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

Mayor Ford has done very considering that everyone is ganging up on him and is trying to bully him. All just because they are on the left wing. We don't need another mayor Miller who is going to spend and raise taxes forever.

Hi peanut butter.

What other names have you gone under on MLW?

I couldn't help but notice that your writing style erratically changes back to right wing views.

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi peanut butter.

Hi.
What other names have you gone under on MLW?
I have never had a membership here. I newly found this website while using a search engine.

I couldn't help but notice that your writing style erratically changes back to right wing views.

WWWTT

I have views that are at times right and left. I don't limit myself to one narrow minded way of thinking but am instead open to all ideas and points of view.

I have views that are at times right and left. I don't limit myself to one narrow minded way of thinking but am instead open to all ideas and points of view.

That's kind of hard to believe because the quote from you that I was commenting suggested that Mayors Ford opponents are from the generic left and you provide very poor substance to support your argument.

I have seen this approach taken from others that were here and I can easily recognize your writing style is very familiar.

Either way,all the best to you and good luck.

WWWTT

Taxes cannot be raised forever. Things people need to live are getting more and more expensive and the government wants to put thei hands into our pockets seemingly forever. When is it ever enough?

Inflation doesn't just impact individuals. It costs more money to run a city. So how would you expect a city to keep up with that if taxes (and apparently any other revenue tool) is a non-starter?

Will they not be happy until we are like Denmark where 50% of everyones income is taken as tax?

Hmmm. High taxes, high levels of services, high quality of life. I'd take that.

Inflation doesn't just impact individuals. It costs more money to run a city. So how would you expect a city to keep up with that if taxes (and apparently any other revenue tool) is a non-starter?

Hmmm. High taxes, high levels of services, high quality of life. I'd take that.

The CPI is basically zero in Canada and elsewhere now. Property taxes in Canadian cities rise because of rising property values. (Housing is only one part of the CPI basket.)

"High levels of services?" WTF? How much do city governments need? (Please, don't ask me about corruption and the general ignorance of most voters preoccupied with personal matters.)

-----

IMHO, the story with Rob Ford is the same as Bill Clinton (who faced a special prosecutor), the Polish parliament between WWI and WWII, or Meech Lake: one person (small group) can stop or pre-occupy government.

I fear that, in the future, one individual (like Adam Chaleff-Freudenthaler or Paul Magder) or group could in effect stop government.

It is a troubling trend of modern, western democracy.

Edited by August1991

The survey by Forum Research of 806 Torontonians on Friday found that 48% approve of the job Mr. Ford is doing, up from 45% a month ago and 42% in mid December. More than half, conversely, disapprove of his performance, the poll found.

Yeah only 52% think he's doing a crap job instead of 58%

Still, the best thing people who oppose him can do is to just let Ford be Ford. He'll bumble into another problem soon enough.

I thought this was kind of Funny.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/26/toronto-city-hall-hath-no-fury-like-a-lefty-scorned

Clayton Ruby, crusading lawyer: “OK, now I’m really pissed.”

Members of SURF (Screw U Rob Ford): “Hear! Hear!”

Activist/complainant Paul Magder: “This better not cost me anything.”

Ruby: “Oh, quit belly-aching. We both got our pictures in the papers.”

Councillor Janet Davis: “I think there’s still a little left in (former councillor) Kyle Rae’s retirement party tax fund.”

Ruby: “C’mon, comrades, focus. How do we get this guy? Anything from the Mammoliti phone taps?”

Councillor Paula Fletcher: “Apparently not much. I hear it’s just Giorgio babbling for forgiveness from the mayor’s office.”

Ruby: “Boy, we’ve sure messed with that guy’s head.”

Fletcher: “Yep, and I know babbling when I hear it. I used to be boss of the Manitoba Communist Party.”

Ruby: “Strike that from the minutes! OK, Red Dawn, anything to report?”

“Red Dawn” Vaughan: “I almost sneaked onto executive committee this week. But they caught me. I’ll try again. Maybe during Pride Week, when they’re all up north at the lake.”

Councillor Gord “Perq” Perks: “Ooooh, that would be fun. You could scream and hold your breath every time they cut something from the budget.”

Magder: “I won’t have to pay for that, will I?”

Ruby: “Stop whining, Paul. It’s your civic duty.”

Magder: “But somebody else should pay ...”

Ruby: “Thanks, Red Dawn. Keep trying. Anything we can use from the mayor’s weight challenge?”

Councillor John “Foodie” Filion, looking crushed: “We tried. But breaking a resolution to lose weight is technically not an offence. Or else Gov. Chris Christie would be in jail in New Jersey.

“We even found a poll that says voters actually prefer their politicians chubby.”

Ruby: “Right, so let’s drop that line of inquiry. Anything on the football front?”

Councillor Joe Mihevc: “Yes. We looked at all the tapes from Don Bosco Catholic Secondary — the team Ford coaches. We found a couple of good possibilities. First, there’s a game against Blessed Mother Teresa where you can clearly see Ford sends an ineligible receiver downfield.”

Activist/complainant Adam Chaleff-Freudenthaler: “Shame!”

Mihevc: “Wait! It gets better. At one point in the game against Holy Mother of God, Ford has too many men on the field. It’s plain as day.”

Ruby, brightening: “Excellent work! How much can we ding him for?”

Mihevc: “Five yards.”

Ruby: “We’ll take it! File the papers!”

Ruby: “Right, so let’s drop that line of inquiry. Anything on the football front?”

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/02/28/mayor_rob_ford_still_asking_lobbyists_to_donate_to_his_football_foundation.html

They will never quit. This has become embarressing. You lost the election ,get over it.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/02/28/mayor_rob_ford_still_asking_lobbyists_to_donate_to_his_football_foundation.html

They will never quit. This has become embarressing. You lost the election ,get over it.

This one didn't have City Letterhead on it, but I guess it's still wrong because he sent it to known lobbyiest.

Apparently lobbyiests will feel pressured to give money to the football team or fear reprisal from the Fords. I wonder if they have any evidence of Ford being that vindictive?

Edited by Boges

This one didn't have City Letterhead on it, but I guess it's still wrong because he sent it to known lobbyiest.

Apparently lobbyiests will feel pressured to give money to the football team or fear reprisal from the Fords. I wonder if they have any evidence of Ford being that vindictive?

laugh.png that's a joke, right?

If by "great" you mean most people disapprove of his performance and Olivia Chow would soundly beat him in an election, then yes he's doing great.

By your reasoning... 57% would then fully dissaprove of Olivia??

If the "Left" can decide on one person to go against Ford then he'll be in tough. But will all the "Progressives" fall behind the banner of Chow?

In 2010 Joey Pants refused to step aside and let Smitherman take on Ford One-on-One.

There are plenty of people on the left that might want the glory: Fletcher, Carroll, Vaughan. Will they all step aside and let Chow run alone. Of course assuming Chow runs. Polls like this still try to see what would happen if John Tory runs.

What a city. We've got black kids shooting each other every day and the one guy that works his buns off to try and help the community gets pilloried continuously by The Star. The city needs more "corrupt" people like Ford and far less of The Star.

They are out of control, why does the left have to be vindictive and so hatefull?

What a city. We've got black kids shooting each other every day and the one guy that works his buns off to try and help the community gets pilloried continuously by The Star. The city needs more "corrupt" people like Ford and far less of The Star.

BEST quote of the Day..

The Star is more and more like the paper-prints in the early 1800's in the Boston area..

Does Ford have a track record for punishing people that don't donate to his football foundation?

Nah, but he does have a track record of being a belligerent bully.

I'm all for Ford devoting time to his football foundation. We're all better off when he doesn't pretend to care about politics and running a city.

They are out of control, why does the left have to be vindictive and so hatefull?