Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why yes, they did. :lol:

Anyone want to admit they were wrong and it would have been irresponsible of the Star reporters to not disclose what they saw with their own eyes? Anyone?

Didn't think so.

No, the media behaved in a completely irresponsible way. You don't ask somebody to resign, and at the sametime, withhold the actual evidence for said resignation. My issue from the very beginning was either release what was said to have existed, or shut up about it. You can't have it both ways. It goes against every pretext of fair and just process. Responsible journalism breaks the story, when you actually have the evidence.

But the media was out to get Ford from day one. They never accepted his win as legitimate, and the sought to undermine his legitimacy from the very beginning, not matter the cost.

Ok...nothing left to hide starting now! Back to saving Torontonians money by advocating for subways through lower density areas.

Oh, I'm sure there's more, even if the media has to start going back to his childhood. They're like Ahab after their white whale (pun intended) and nothing will stop them from pushing him out office now, there's blood in the water. The last thing they want is for another election where voters actually get to decide.

No, the media behaved in a completely irresponsible way. You don't ask somebody to resign, and at the sametime, withhold the actual evidence for said resignation. My issue from the very beginning was either release what was said to have existed, or shut up about it. You can't have it both ways. It goes against every pretext of fair and just process. Responsible journalism breaks the story, when you actually have the evidence.

But the media was out to get Ford from day one. They never accepted his win as legitimate, and the sought to undermine his legitimacy from the very beginning, not matter the cost.

The Blame-the-media game seems a little off-kilter at this point. Rob Ford is responsible for this mess.

You don't think he did anything himself to undermine his legitimacy?

Are you saying the media shouldn't release these videos when they get them?

The media would have been irresponsible if they didn't report on his actions. If it were a left-wing politician, you would be freaking out right now and calling everyone who ever supported him names.

You are just trying to save face because you were, once again, completely and totally wrong, and you continue to be. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

The Blame-the-media game seems a little off-kilter at this point. Rob Ford is responsible for this mess.

Mm. I was about to say as much. It has always been a sad, but now also tired, defence tactic used by Ford Nashun.

I'm still baffled by what one has to tell one's self to still be convinced that this video doesn't exist.

Oh, I'm sure there's more, even if the media has to start going back to his childhood. They're like Ahab after their white whale (pun intended) and nothing will stop them from pushing him out office now, there's blood in the water. The last thing they want is for another election where voters actually get to decide.

Get back to us when you're reflexive enough to understand what a hypocrite you are. If this was Obama, I can only imagine how you would react. You certainly wouldn't be in here jumping to his defence.

Rob is totally responsible for the mess he's in. However, I still contend that it was poor journalism to come out with such a damaging story against him without any evidence. They should have bought the video.

Edited by Spiderfish

Rob is totally responsible for the mess he's in. However, I still contend that it was poor journalism to come out with such a damaging story against him without any evidence.

But this criticism only holds water if we go back in time, and say that we have only their word that the video exists.

We now know they were correct, and were simply telling the truth.

But this criticism only holds water if we go back in time, and say that we have only their word that the video exists.

It's true. That argument only held water when there was the remote possibility they were all lying. It doesn't make sense to attack them now when we know they were telling the truth, unless of course you feel completely humiliated for attacking them in the first place and are trying to justify your incorrect position.

It's time for Ford Nation in general to man up and admit the Star reporters were right, and they must stop enabling him and ask him to step down for the good of the city. Blaming the media now does no one any good at all.

Blaming the media now does no one any good at all.

I'm not blaming the media, but I am disagreeing with their approach. If you’re about to destroy someone’s life, you better be solid. The fact is, we know a video exists that is “consistent with the media stories”, but we don’t really know exactly what’s on it because we haven’t seen it. With the new revelations that Rob has provided in the last couple of days, it’s a pretty safe bet the video likely shows what the media purported it to show, but we still don’t know for sure what it shows exactly. We do know that Rob has smoked crack by his own admission so it supports the claim, and that in itself is damning. I am glad that things are coming to light, it would sure be a shame if all the damage had been done and there in fact had not been a video. It’s somewhat relieving to know that Rob did in fact make his own bed. Hopefully he can get help and turn it around.

Edited by Spiderfish

Get back to us when you're reflexive enough to understand what a hypocrite you are. If this was Obama, I can only imagine how you would react. You certainly wouldn't be in here jumping to his defence.

I'm not jumping to his defense. In fact, I think at the very least, he needs to step down and deal with his alcoholism, or binge drinking issue, whatever it's called these days.

Well, technically this video isn't the one that was talked about months ago. The previous video apparently doesn't have anything on it that police have determined was an issue. And one certainly can't tell from a video what somebody is smoking. But beyond that, their :truth" telling still isn't an acceptable practice of trial in the court of public opinion, without a shred of actual evidence. Like I said earlier, present the video and get on with it, or shut up about it. The six month dead horse discussions were ridiculous.