The Truth About Benghazi

Both Romney and Obama are hitting hard about who knew what when. But it seems both of them are ignoring critical information that would put both their arguments in the dirt because they are both wrong about what seems to have really happened in Benghazi. There was no consulate, and if there really was (now it's slipped out it was a CIA outpost, completely ignored and the main reason Hillary was made to take the heat for distraction of the CIA outpost). And even if this was a CIA outpost where was the security at the site? Would they not have a group of well trained/armed personnel to protect the installation? If this is true, what are these two idiots really arguing about then, and even a bigger question is why?

here's the timeline for those lies.

http://thinkingright...-lies-on-libya/

I wonder how the GOP will try to misrepresent Obama's words to make gullible people think that this quote, from September 13, was in reference to 9/11.

So what I want all of you to know is that we are going to bring those who killed our fellow Americans to justice. I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished.

And Betsy should provide the complete transcript of where Obama apologized for the video, or admit she's a lying liar. laugh.png

Edited by BubberMiley

And then you have the situation where requests were made to beef up security for the 9/11 anniversary in Libya, but they were denied as the Obama administration wanted to keep a low profile over there. As a result, 4 americans were murdered, including a US ambassador, and documents naming Libyans aiding Americans were stolen. Who gets punished?

And then you have the situation where requests were made to beef up security for the 9/11 anniversary in Libya, but they were denied as the Obama administration wanted to keep a low profile over there. As a result, 4 americans were murdered, including a US ambassador, and documents naming Libyans aiding Americans were stolen. Who gets punished?

Yep requests were made for more security at the embassy. Not sure what more security 300 miles away would have done though? Want to explain that next you tell me there were requests for more security in London that week to and that means this is Obama's fault.

You don't need to tell me who cut security funding I know who did that IT WAS PAUL RYAN! Now you are mad at Obama. You are flipping and flopping all over this thread of course that is when you are not lying.

Yep requests were made for more security at the embassy. Not sure what more security 300 miles away would have done though? Want to explain that next you tell me there were requests for more security in London that week to and that means this is Obama's fault.

You don't need to tell me who cut security funding I know who did that IT WAS PAUL RYAN! Now you are mad at Obama. You are flipping and flopping all over this thread of course that is when you are not lying.

Requests were made for the protection of the ambassador, which would include his various movements around the region. What sense would it make to protect the embassy only when the ambassador's duties take him outside the gate? At any rate, the ambassador is dead, along with 3 others, and names of Libyans assisting the US have been stolen. I sincerely hope that these Libyans have fled and are safe.

Oh, I didn't realize which part you wanted a cite for. So you are of the opinion that if more security is requested, and the Ambassador travels around the area on embassy business, that the request doesn't count for this? I guess that is where we would part ways.

The assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi last month appears to have been an opportunistic attack rather than a long-planned operation, and intelligence agencies have found no evidence that it was ordered by Al Qaeda, according to U.S. officials and witnesses interviewed in Libya.

The attack was "carried out following a minimum amount of planning," said a U.S. intelligence official, who, like others, spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a matter still under investigation. "The attackers exhibited a high degree of disorganization. Some joined the attack in progress, some did not have weapons and others just seemed interested in looting."

http://articles.lati...attack-20121020

And this is why we wait for evidence instead of using this as a reason to invade Iran. This is why we don't Mitt Romney or Republicans tell us what happened when it isn't clear. This is why Obama is the right choice and people in this thread don't even have a clue to what they are talking about.

Yes this was a terrorist attack just like Obama said but it was was also a spontaneous attack just like the president said and the more time goes by the more information that comes to light the more obvious it is Mitt Romney doesn't understand anything about anything. This is why politics stops at the waters edge.

I would like to know more about the truth but it wont come from this thread full of people who know nothing about what happened and are just looking to make Americans deaths into political issues. Some of us care about what happened some of us care about those mens lives.

Edited by punked

Yes this was a terrorist attack just like Obama said but it was was also a spontaneous attack just like the president said and the more time goes by the more information that comes to light the more obvious it is Mitt Romney doesn't understand anything about anything. This is why politics stops at the waters edge.

It was not spontaneous. It was a planned attack.

I would like to know more about the truth but it wont come from this thread full of people who know nothing about what happened and are just looking to make Americans deaths into political issues. Some of us care about what happened some of us care about those mens lives.

There is some information I have posted but it's ignored. There was no consulate, it was a CIA outpost. So while people are going on about the argument if it was spontaneous or not, or if the president called it a terror attack or not, if there was no consulate, then what really IS going on with this story? Seems we are missing something critical. Hillary was made to take the fall for this.

Stevens was part of the 'help' that brought down Gadaffi. He was also key in helping the rebels and helping them establish the new Libyan government in some fashion. We need to look deeper, because this is beyond Obama and Romney, this is about how the CIA helped to undermine Gaddafi by supporting the rebels with money and weapons. This is part of that story but is ignored because it allows partisan hackery among the masses who are still duped by the left/right ideology. Something more behind the scenes than these two clowns even know about.

Just to back up my claim about it being a CIA outpost, I unfortunately need to use an MSM article from Foxnews.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/22/cia-installation-hit-in-libya-terror-attack/

But now instead of saying the consulate itself was a CIA covert outpost, the claim is now the CIA outpost was over a mile away from the consulate.

The Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi targeted more than just a State Department consulate. One of the buildings hit was a covert CIA installation, U.S. officials told Fox News.

The now-abandoned American consulate in Benghazi was set a little more than a mile away from the CIA base. Up to this point, that separate base was described by administration officials only as a "safe house" or "annex" to the nearby consulate. In reality, CIA agents and other intelligence officials were operating out of Benghazi conducting delicate missions, including the search for over 20,000 deadly shoulder-fired missiles previously owned by Muammar Qaddafi's Libyan forces.

Too funny, 'looking for weapons' But not worried about the influx of arms from NATO members to support the Libyan (Al-queda) rebels.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-letting-us-in-on-a-secret/2012/10/10/ba3136ca-132b-11e2-ba83-a7a396e6b2a7_story.html?hpid=z7

Through their outbursts, cryptic language and boneheaded questioning of State Department officials, the committee members left little doubt that one of the two compounds at which the Americans were killed, described by the administration as a “consulate” and a nearby “annex,” was a CIA base. They did this, helpfully, in a televised public hearing.

Ok, so this may have indeed been a consulate. But the CIA post nearby has rarely been mentioned by all other MSM. aside from Fox as far as I can tell.

I notice Romney marched back from his Benghazi comments in the last debate.

Because both of them don't know the full truth of the situation. Instead of debating the facts about this incident, they are simply using it for political theater against one another, for the idiots, plain and simple.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/23/state-dept-emails-from-day-libya-attack-show-al-qaeda-tied-group-on-radar/

They knew exactly what was taking place as it happened.

The emails obtained by Fox News were sent by the State Department to a variety of national security platforms, whose addresses have been redacted, including the White House Situation Room, the Pentagon, the FBI and the Director of National Intelligence.

Fox News was told that an estimated 300 to 400 national security figures received these emails in real time almost as the raid was playing out and concluding. People who received these emails work directly under the nation’s top national security, military and diplomatic officials, Fox News was told.

There's a secret CIA operation in Benghazi and Fox News gets their correspondence? Something doesn't really sound right there. I don't think top-secret CIA operations fall under access to information.

The whole thing stinks and there is still a lot more that we are not being told. Obama and Romney still have no clue what they are talking about regarding this situation.

The whole thing stinks and there is still a lot more that we are not being told. Obama and Romney still have no clue what they are talking about regarding this situation.

Obama knows exactly what he's talking about, but he's probably not able to talk about it. I think he has been very fair to Romney, given that context.

Obama knows exactly what he's talking about, but he's probably not able to talk about it. I think he has been very fair to Romney, given that context.

I think, like Romney, we can just drop this knowing the death of an American ambassador and three others in a planned terrorist attack was a huge failure of policy.

I think, like Romney, we can just drop this knowing the death of an American ambassador and three others in a planned terrorist attack was a huge failure of policy.

LA times report 3 days ago with documentation to back it up that this was a terrorist attack ut was never planned. It looks like a spontaneous attack maybe catch up on the news.