Syrian Civil War

Israel has declared war on another country.

Oh and Israel may be behind a false flag operation involving chemical weapons, as according to a former bush official:

A former senior official in the Bush administration said on Thursday the use of chemical weapons in Syria might have been a "false flag operation" of Israel, meant to implicate Syrian President Bashar Assad.

"We don’t know what the chain of custody is. This could’ve been an Israeli false flag operation, it could’ve been an opposition in Syria... or it could’ve been an actual use by Bashar Assad. But we certainly don’t know with the evidence we’ve been given. And what I’m hearing from the intelligence community is that that evidence is really flakey," retired Col. Lawrence Wilkerson

Link

The reasons in which the news is reporting is that weapons were headed for Hezbollah in Lebanon. Not that I am really buying that, but I don't see how Assad can retaliate without Israel crying FOUL and letting loose the hounds of war at the same time crying victim when they made a pre-emive strike. IN all cases Syria does have (even if you think they mean a flying f... but I digress) the right to declare war legal according to UN and international laws.

Syria simply cannot win either way, it's a complete set up.

If those weapons were headed to Lebanon for Hezbollah, then why not wait until the weapons crossed into Hezbollah? I will say Israel's intelligence gathering is quite good, and they knew this was a weapons facility, but I would contest the claim that weapons were going to Lebanon from this specific facility. Israel wanted to take it out plain and simple and put a thorn in Assad's ass. Anything to give the foreign supported Al-Queda infiltrated rebels an upper hand in this fight.

Two years later, and now OMG chem weapons and the quick withdrawal of that, all while this happens? Something stinks here.

So pre-emptive strikes on another nation is a violation of that country's soveriegnty. Syria has the international legal right to declare war against Syria because of this and the two previous attacks Israel has made on Syria.

The explanation is a self-defense in preventing arms from reaching Hezbollah.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/06/world/meast/syria-civil-war/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Forty-two Syrian soldiers were killed and at least 100 people are missing after airstrikes on military sites outside Damascus on Sunday, the opposition Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Monday, citing medical sources. Syria claimed Israel struck three military facilities Sunday. Israel has not confirmed or denied any strikes.

Well who else would have done the attack if Israel does not claim that they did the strike?

Israel has declared war on another country.

Oh and Israel may be behind a false flag operation involving chemical weapons, as according to a former bush official:

A former senior official in the Bush administration said on Thursday the use of chemical weapons in Syria might have been a "false flag operation" of Israel, meant to implicate Syrian President Bashar Assad.

"We don’t know what the chain of custody is. This could’ve been an Israeli false flag operation, it could’ve been an opposition in Syria... or it could’ve been an actual use by Bashar Assad. But we certainly don’t know with the evidence we’ve been given. And what I’m hearing from the intelligence community is that that evidence is really flakey," retired Col. Lawrence Wilkerson

Link

More inflammatory and incorrect generalizations.

First off, Syria has been in a declared state of war against Israel since 1948. Someone break the news to "Hudson Jones".

Secondly, Israel has the absolute right to protect itself and to suggest it should sit back while Syria tries to transfer long range missiles and chemical weaons to Hezbollah is laughable. As laughable as his suggesting Israel should sit back and allow terrorists to send in weapons by sea to Gaza terrorists.

As for the false flag accusation and trying to hide behind a quote to make an unsubstantiated inflammatory accusation against Israel to deflect from the actual facts-its exactly the kind of tactic this operative has been using from the get go.

Edited by Rue

More inflammatory and incorrect generalizations.

First off, Syria has been in a declared state of war against Israel since 1948. Someone break the news to "Hudson Jones".

Do tell.

The Syrian government said that Israeli air strikes against military targets around Damascus amounted to a "declaration of war" and threatened retaliation, in the latest sign that the fighting is spilling across the Syrian border and risks sparking a wider regional conflict.

Link

Secondly, Israel has the absolute right to protect itself and to suggest it should sit back while Syria tries to transfer long range missiles and chemical weaons to Hezbollah is laughable. As laughable as his suggesting Israel should sit back and allow terrorists to send in weapons by sea to Gaza terrorists.

Speculations.

As for the false flag accusation and trying to hide behind a quote to make an unsubstantiated inflammatory accusation against Israel to deflect from the actual facts-its exactly the kind of tactic this operative has been using from the get go.

What are you talking about?

The former Bush official has said the evidence that Syria used chemical weapons is weak and this could very well be a false flag operation by Israel. It's an accusation made by the former Bush official. Israel has a history of using false flag operations, so it is quite possible.

How about the Lavon Affair? What about the USS Liberty? There are many more to list.

Edited by Hudson Jones

" Hudson Jones" because the Syrian government stated it FEELS Israel has declared war on it is illogical. Syria is already in a declared state of war with Israel. How does a nation in a state of declared war with Israel suddenly feel Israel is at war with it after 60 year? Do explain. Go on. Stop parroting what the Syrian government said, and tell us. Oh no wait, you only repeat scripts right?

Now "Hudson Jones" you also seem a tad confused about what speculation is. Let's try again. Israel's right to defend itself was exercised when it destroyed missiles before they could be transferred to Hezbollah. That is a fact. It happened. Here let me help. Can you say kaboom? Kaboom!

Israel demonstrated act of self defense. Come say with me again....kaboom!

Do you get it now or do you think that kaboom was caused by my speculating? Come now. Kaboom!

You see "Hudson" when Israel goes kaboom, it acts. Actions "Hudson". Physical actions.

Now "Hudson Jones" resurrecting Lavon? You wan to dust that off again? Have you run out of scripts?

But wait, let's start with the following point. Saying a false flag is possible is meaningless. Yes anything is possible. However yhe possibility of something being a fact and it actually being a fact are not the same contrary to your attempts on this forum to blur the two as being the same.

Yes we know that disinformation tactic. Its stale. You should have moved on from it months ago.

Oh come now "Hudson Jones" what you just come on this forum and quote now out of context? You don't have to actually prove anything...just smeer with zero proof and then make the lame pretense it might be possible? Lame. Very lame.

What of course is laughable is your latest attempt to deflect from the weakness of your arguements and try switch focus to the Lavon Affair once again shows how you deflect.

That story of course and the b.s. false information the Syrian disinformation Ministry and KGB attempted to spin about it was openly repudiated and proven to be false and is now public record. When the information was released under freedom of information laws, the pilot of the plane that attacked the ship and his air messages were released to the public years and proved what everyone already knew, there was an accident.

The US sent a ship into conduct surveillance. It was advised by the Israeli Navy to stay out and went to close in to a hot zone. The US was closely

monitoring the war fearing Soviet nuclear intervention and if anything the incident shows that two good allies were working at two different agendas at the same time.

It not only proved Israel was NOT a military puppet of the US but it showed how the US vessel was sent in accidentally too far into a conflict zone and was mistaken as an Egyptian naval vessel.

The incident and all the false stories attempting to restate it as a conspiracy all were proven false but its not surprising to see you pull out that script to try switch focus from your other misinformation.

Its what "you" do now isn't it.. Lol.

So if a state of war technically exists between Syria and Israel, there would be no crying if Syria retaliated? It is within their rights correct?

I guess not. They'd get completely pwned though. The same people who are bitching now would accuse Israel of war crimes for defending themselves.

Mutually assured destruction is a very effective way of keeping the peace.

Edited by Boges

So if a state of war technically exists between Syria and Israel, there would be no crying if Syria retaliated? It is within their rights correct?

You missed the point again. Of course Syria will complain every time Israel engages in an attack. The issue was "Hudson Jones" portraying the attack as an act that started a declared state of war. The declared state of war has existed since 1949.

That was the point.

Now if you want to portray the current Syrian regime as a victim of an attack of war by Israel I will point out how absurd that is particularly when it and Hezbollah are in a state of war with Israel.

The make believe world of Syria and Hezbollah being innocent regimes not in a state of war with Israel is absolute b.s. As absolute b.s. as "Hudson Jones" refusing to ever acknowledge Hamas exists as a terrorist group and is in a state of war against Israel. "Hudson Jones" is not allowed it appears to deviate from scripts let alone acknowledge Hamas or Hezbollah exist let alone ever use either word in a response.

In the real world you can be sure Israel will not sit and watch missiles be transferred to Hezbollah. It has a moral responsibilitty to defend its people, something the current Syrian regime abandon along time ago with its own people and something Hezbollah has made clear it has no moral responsibility for. Hezbollah has made it clear in its charter and manifesto that anyone is expendable and that means Lebanese, Jordanian, Israeli, Palestinian refugees in Lebanon if they get in Hezbollah's way. Hamas and Assad's regime have made that clear too.

The current conflict can not be rendered an Israeli war conflict anymore. Those days of KGB scripted portrayals of Syria, Egypt and Iraq as anti imperialist nations is over. It was absurd when the KGB propoganda reinvented these three nations as anti-colonial, and the vestiges of this spent script still spewed on internet forums is equally as absurd.

Syria, Iraq and Egypt were always neo Nazi states. They modelled their entire government operations on Hitler right down to the mukbarhat (gestapo) and goose stepping jodphur pants wearing marching stooges.

You think "Hudson Jones" will ever come on this forum and criticize Hamas, Hezbollah, Assad's regime or Iran?

Give me a break. The script is stale and its rigid and it consists of the same tired anti Israel, Israel is to blame for everything refrain.

I call b.s. Syria's regime is a neo fascist one, the rebels fighting it are no better and blaming Israel for its mess is b.s. absolute b.s.

You missed the point again. Of course Syria will complain every time Israel engages in an attack. The issue was "Hudson Jones" portraying the attack as an act that started a declared state of war. The declared state of war has existed since 1949.

That was the point.

I get the point. However the attacks come at a time when Assad is still firmly in place 2 years on in their civil war, which was for all I see started and supported by western entities. That much has been proven beyond a doubt.

Now if you want to portray the current Syrian regime as a victim of an attack of war by Israel I will point out how absurd that is particularly when it and Hezbollah are in a state of war with Israel.

Hezbollah is in Lebanon. And yes they are a victim of the attack. Since there is a state of war between Israel and Syria, Israel would cry foul the loudest if a pre-emptive strike was done on them.

They are also a victim of western meddling and western entities have direct responsibility for the rebels and the civil war. Even after talks about recognizing the rebels as the legitimate government, Assad is STILL in place and going nowhere.

I get the point. However the attacks come at a time when Assad is still firmly in place 2 years on in their civil war, which was for all I see started and supported by western entities. That much has been proven beyond a doubt.

Hezbollah is in Lebanon. And yes they are a victim of the attack. Since there is a state of war between Israel and Syria, Israel would cry foul the loudest if a pre-emptive strike was done on them.

They are also a victim of western meddling and western entities have direct responsibility for the rebels and the civil war. Even after talks about recognizing the rebels as the legitimate government, Assad is STILL in place and going nowhere.

1. I disagree with your contention the civil war in Syria was started by "Western" entities. The civil war in Syria by Sunni Muslims against the Alawites has gone on since the state was created. This was an artificial colonly created by France as part of the divide and conquer with Britain to keep the area destablized between all kinds of factions not just Jews and Arabs to justify British-French presence. The Soviets and Chinese as well as the West have all contributed to meddling in the affairs of Syria and other Arab states. This civil war was a complex combustible mix of Political Islamic extremism plus colonial influences but to simplify it as being started by the West with due respect is not accurate.

2. First off to portray Hezbollah as a victim is laughable. They terrorize Palestinian refugees, Christian Maronites and Sunni Muslims in their own nation and have served as a proxy army against Sunni Muslims in Syria and were directly involved in Syria with the assassination of the Lebanese Prime Minister. They have in fact engaged in pre-emptive attacks against Israel repeatedly which is why Israel was forced into Southern Lebanon.

When they claimed they would disarm the moment Israel left Southern Lebanon they proved they were liars and not only did not but commence renewed attacks against Israel after their withdrawal and slaughtered after that thousands of Sunni Muslims and Christians as well as Palestinian refugees in Lebanese camps and they have sent in their operatives to wipe out Kurds and kill Turkish and Jordanian soldiers-so please don't portray these savages as victims. They are international war criminals in a state of war with Israel and their own people and Syrians to name but a few. They are nothing but the dogs of the Iranian regime and China and Russia have no problem using them for their own interests. You might also want to look at the opium and hash hish and international sex businessesthey run to fund their operations.

3. I disagree with your ignoring Syrians fighting their own regime. You write them all off and replace them with simply a reference to unknown Western influences. No. Syrian people are dying and not all are rebels. Most are shmucks. People like you and me, just ordinary shmucks caught in a war that murders them and their children. They are as innocent as the Israeli, Palestinian, Jordanian, Kurd and Iranian civilians terrorized by terror cells and Political Islam extremists.

Yes many of those rebels are probably no better than Assad. You won't get me cheering for Al Quaeda like some on this forum. On the other hand don't defend Assad. He is a loathsome psychotic sob. He has murdered hundreds of thousands. He has made his blood thirsty papa very happy.

He will die within this year no different than Ghaddafi ripped apart on the streets by angry civilians.

What you think Putin can help him? Putin is too busy arresting little girls. See the other post by Lenny Bruce.

1. I disagree with your contention the civil war in Syria was started by "Western" entities.

You can disagree all you want, I have shown that western entities are indeed backing the rebels. The west has chosen a side in this game.

It's the same thing that happenes in Libya, but it seems that the special forces and intelligence services were more carful with how they carried out the operation. British SAS were caught in Libya trying to contact the rebels.

2. First off to portray Hezbollah as a victim is laughable. They terrorize Palestinian refugees, Christian Maronites and Sunni Muslims in their own nation and have served as a proxy army against Sunni Muslims in Syria and were directly involved in Syria with the assassination of the Lebanese Prime Minister. They have in fact engaged in pre-emptive attacks against Israel repeatedly which is why Israel was forced into Southern Lebanon.

No where have I portrayed Hezbollah as a a victim here. I specifically said that Syria is a victim in this case from the attack Israel made on Syria's weapons facility.

3. I disagree with your ignoring Syrians fighting their own regime. You write them all off and replace them with simply a reference to unknown Western influences. No. Syrian people are dying and not all are rebels. Most are shmucks. People like you and me, just ordinary shmucks caught in a war that murders them and their children. They are as innocent as the Israeli, Palestinian, Jordanian, Kurd and Iranian civilians terrorized by terror cells and Political Islam extremists.

I applaud your attempt to pull at heart strings here. But actually a good deal of these rebels are foreign fighters from other countries. Possibly one reason why the incident at Benghazi was handled the way it was, because of the alleged gun and rebel running through Libya to Syria. At the same time we know Al-Queda is among all the rebels in which the west has chosen to support.

Yes many of those rebels are probably no better than Assad. You won't get me cheering for Al Quaeda like some on this forum. On the other hand don't defend Assad. He is a loathsome psychotic sob. He has murdered hundreds of thousands. He has made his blood thirsty papa very happy.

The let the Syrian people take care of it. Assad is Syria's problem not anyone elses. If they want their freedom they will fight for it and the rest of the world will back off. But that is not the case now is it Rue. We have entities like China, Russia and Iran throwing support behind Assad and we have the US, Canada, the UK and others giving support for the rebels.

He will die within this year no different than Ghaddafi ripped apart on the streets by angry civilians.

If he dies, that is going to send a good deal of the middle east into turmoil. Without Assad and other security forces, the weapons that Israel is concerned about will indeed get groups like Hezbollah.

All this was laid out years ago by the Pentagon. One book I read seemed to have laid this all out and was written over a decade now.

Gadaffi did not die because of the suposed civil war and Arab Spring, he dies because he was about to create a new oil market which would be in direct competition with OPEC nations using the petrodollar. If you really think it was about freedom I have some swampland in Florida

What you think Putin can help him? Putin is too busy arresting little girls. See the other post by Lenny Bruce.

Putin and Russia has already helped him, and will continue to do so.

Ghost you stated and I quote:

"Hezbollah is in Lebanon. And yes they are a victim of the attack."

Now you state in response to me:

"No where have I portrayed Hezbollah as a a victim here. I specifically said that Syria is a victim in this case from the attack Israel made on Syria's weapons facility."

So I again repeat what I stated earlier, Hezbollah is no victim.

For that matter to statee "Syria" is a victim of an Israeli atack on a weapon's facility I again call b.s. on. Maybe Assad's military apperatus feels victimized but give me a break on suggesting it victimizes the whole country. Your using the word "Syria" interchangeably with Assad's military apperatus is what

I challenged and continue to challenge.

By the way you stated:

"Assad is Syria's problem not anyone elses." Then you went on to state, " If he dies, that is going to send a good deal of the middle east into turmoil. Without Assad and other security forces, the weapons that Israel is concerned about will indeed get groups like Hezbollah."

That is precisely the point. Yes in theory Syria should handle its own problems and no one else should meddle you and I both know the chain of events that will transpire.

I do not disagree with you that there are foreign agitators in Syria. Lord knows who. They say Al Quaeda but in reality there are many different terror and rebel cells each with their own leader, interests, agendas. Some are out and out terrorists like Al Quadea, some are nothing more than druglords trying to protect their hashhish and opium trade lanes. Others are calling themselves the legitimate Syrian army trying to free Syria and some are from other political Islamist extremist cells.

Syria is a complex state. Its majority are Sunni and they are represented by all kinds of political Islamic factions the biggest being the Muslim Brotherhood which turned on its own Sunni people and the Egyptian wing of it in favour of the support it received from Assad, Hezbolah and Iran in taking over Hamas in Gaza.

The current Hamas Muslim Brotherhood faction that runs it in Gaza is Sunni but subservient to Assad and Hezbollah who are proxies for Iran. Ssad's minority Alawite sect have been propped by Iran and Hezbollah for years. The Muslim Brotherhood of Syria which is Sunni, sat and did nothingw hen Assad in one night massacered 10,000 Sunnis alone.

Then you have Assyrians (Christian), Druze, Berbers, progressive non religious,and a very small Jewish community which was again attacked last week but I am sure "Hudson Jones" will write a post expressing his concern for them.

It was always a tribal mess. Yes agitators from outside the country came in but Assad went into Lebanon and occupied the nation by force to protect Hezbollah and assasinated its democratically elected leader all propped by Iran. His regime has been responsible for crimes against Palestinian refugees as well as all the non Alawite peoples. His activities spread outside his borders as part of Iran's attempt to counter balance the Sunni Mulsims with their own Shiites.

There is in fact a war between Shiites and Sunnis going on. Assad backed himself into the Shiite side and there is no turning back. Russia props Syria because it feels its own Muslim radicals (Chechnyans, etc.) are Sunnis and Iran shares a mutual concern containing them. Likewise China. China's Muslim rebels are all Sunni. Russia's naval base in Syria is an attempt by Putin to flex his muscle and its failed. He has no money to run the base and his ships have no logistics. That was Putin's old KGB of reminding NATO and in particular Greece, Turkey and Israel of the Russian presence in that area.

Assad will fall. For Israel it makes little difference from a practical perspective whether you have a pro Shiite psycho or some Sunni psycho in charge. Either one will use Israel as a scapegoat to focus away from the country's internal problems and try unify it.

The strange reality is Israel can not trust either Sunni or Shiite, but the US keeps pressuring it to serve as the proxy protector of Saudi Arabia and believe it or not Egypt from Shiite extremist infiltration.

The Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt the large Sunni organization despises everything Israel is but reluctantly looks the other way as they are what keeps Iran out of Egypt and Gaza at this point and keeps Hezbollah contained to Lebanon. Likewise Saudi Arabia and the UAE depend on Israel to counter Iran but despise them too and at the same time as despising Iran fund Wahabi extremists and Al Quaeda both dedicated to the destruction of Israel.

Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Yemen, Iraq, Sudan, Morrocco, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, all the traditional Sunni Arab League nations are riddled with internal civil strife. The days of using Israel as the whipping boy to keep people focused away from their own internal tyranny and self-destruction is over. It no longer works. The world and the inter-net make it impossible to control the media and twist it to blame the entire world's problems on Israel as the Arab media loves to do. As you can see from the tired recycled "Hudson Jones" scripts, the blame it all on Israel song just don't work anymore.

What I am saying is Syria made its own bed. However its behaviour in a small and cramped world causes direct negative impact on Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, and Jordan to start with, then the Gaza and West Bank of course. All those countries are directly impacted by its instability.

It has no oil. If it did, the US would already be in there. That's the cold reality.

I appreciate your debating me. I disagree with you but I appreciate your constant efforts to reply. Don't expect you to agree. Appreciate the civility shown.

Also you can see I am not that too far off from you on Syria. Different perspective from having a pro Israel bias of course.

Ghost you stated and I quote:

"Hezbollah is in Lebanon. And yes they are a victim of the attack."

Fine, I shall rephrase it.

Hezbollah is in Lebanon, and yes Syria is a victim of the attack.

No desire to read the rest of your statement. (edit) <--- after reading the rest of it Rue, I must make an apology because of your last statements, it's appreciated.

Edited by GostHacked

Ghost no apology needed. I knew you were not deliberately being misleading. I also appreciate your debates. We need to

debate the two sides. At least you debate without calling for Israel to be wiped out unlike Hudson Jones who I believe has now

crossed over the line in another thread and is engaging in hate speech and encouraging violence.

You and I disagree and will continue to do so but I do not ever see in your words a person condoning war or violence.

Bottom line is Syria is going to hell and neither you nor I want to see that nor do most reasonable people.

The irony of all this is as much of a tyrant as Assad is, he was one of the few Arab leaders who was not an extremist in the name

of Islam. His extremism comes from the brutality of the nature of his country's regime but he doesn't quote the Koran like Hezbollah

or Iran or Hamas.

When one objectively looks at nations like Syria, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, they can not help but wonder, could anyone but a brutal psycho

run them? I mean do you think they are governable. I do not think so. Its like saying does anyone believe you can sit and reason with terrorists.

I think its impossible. To me it is as absurd as thinking Hudson Jones' calls for Israel being wiped out is a reasonable thing to say,

The reality of this kind of political rhetoric is violence. This is not about tolerance, freedom, mutual respect, seeing both sides of the equation-its about hatred, blind hatred fueled by inflexible faith beliefs.

I have come face to face with this kind of world. Its brutal killers hide behind masks, fake identities, disguise themselves to look and have names that sound like you and I and claim to be us but whose agenda is based on destroying"US" and by that I mean Westerners.

Our values as to democracy or what we call democracy they spit on. Going in to these countries attempting to dialogue to me ha proven a waste of time.

Its also interesting that someone like Hudson Jones in one breath calls for the murdering of all Israelis and complaining about "colonialism" but has never once on this forum acknowledged terrorism in the Middle East has not worked and remains silent on the fact that Syria invaded and occupied Lebanon and killed not one but three democractically elected leaders there.

Nor will he issue a thread expressing his horror at a Syrian bomb that killed 43 in Turkey and was directed at Syrian refugees,

You have an example on this forum through the name "Hudson Jones" what constitutes the kind of hatred that fuels the civil wars and conflicts in this

area of the world and to think we will sit and reason or debate with such people is naïve.

• 3 weeks later...

Russians are stepping up for Syria.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22688894

Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said the missiles were a "stabilising factor" that could dissuade "some hotheads" from entering the conflict.

And what was McCain doing in Syria??????

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/27/mccain-sneaks-across-border-visits-syrian-rebels/

Arizona Sen. John McCain slipped into Syria for a meeting Monday with Syrian rebels, Fox News confirms.

The GOP lawmaker is one of Congress’ strongest advocates for increasing America’s role in Syria and became the highest ranking U.S. official to visit the country since civil war broke out there more than two years ago.

McCain crossed the Turkey-Syria border with Gen. Salem Idris, the leader of the Supreme Military Council of the Free Syrian Army, The Daily Beast first reported. McCain met with rebel leaders who called on the U.S. to up its support by providing weapons, a no-fly zone and air strikes on President Bashar al-Assad backers.

The EU is also considering lifting some sanctions in order to send weapons to the rebels.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/28/syria-problem-assad-must-go-but-can-rebels-be-trusted/

The war in Syria presents mostly bad choices to Western nations considering military aid to speed what once seemed the inevitable toppling of the Assad regime, Israel’s former head of military intelligence and one of the region’s most respected analysts told FoxNews.com.

Ever since President Obama called on Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad to resign in 2011, the U.S. side was clear. But as Syrian rebel forces have been augmented by a ragtag bunch of regional jihadists and terrorists, the prospect of handing out U.S. and European weaponry has become more complicated, said retired Israeli Gen. Amos Yadlin.

“It depends who they will arm,” Yadlin told FoxNews.com. “The rebels can be split into three groups; most of the FSA are secular Syrians -- arming them would be a positive move. There is the Muslim Brotherhood -- a medium risk group; we can still hope they will join the positive post-Assad forces.

A few interesting developments.

We also have to remember, whatever government is in place after this conflict, be it Assad or the rebels. They will be anti-Israel and if we supply the rebels and they win, we would technically be supplying a enemy of Israel. So, Israel and the US would be attacked by our weapons possibly.

Reports are now that if the current standing government (Aka Assad) can re-take Aleppo, then it's pretty much over for the rebels. And with the turmoil now in Turkey the Free Syrian Army may soon not have a safe haven to operate out of. So the rising problems in Turkey will help out Assad in the long run if the uprisings continue for another week or so.