Syrian Civil War

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, GostHacked said:

If Israel wants to bomb Syria then they can handle any criticism of said bombing. Unless you want to call me a Nazi loving Jew hater again.

I'll give you three guesses as to who.... (check the first reply in this post)

You have never been accused of being a Nazi loving Jew hater on this forum.

You have never been accused of anti-Semitism simply because you criticize Israeli state policies.

I will give you one guess who plays victim every time he debates anything Israel does and tries to make the thread about him being victimized.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU GET OVER YOURSELF AND DISCUSS THE FRIGGIN TOPIC.

The topic now is that Israel in the last few weeks has increase air strikes in Syria against Iran's Al Qud's unit and Hezbollah within Syria. This is a direct response to Trump announcing he was pulling US soldiers out of Syria. This is a message to  Iran's proxies in Syria not to get  the idea they are now free to attack Israel with the vacuum this will create when US troops leave.

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Rue said:

The topic now is that Israel in the last few weeks has increase air strikes in Syria against Iran's Al Qud's unit and Hezbollah within Syria. This is a direct response to Trump announcing he was pulling US soldiers out of Syria. This is a message to  Iran's proxies in Syria not to get  the idea they are now free to attack Israel with the vacuum this will create when US troops leave.

Removed off topic text from the reply.

What's the message? I showed that both the USA and Israel have supported rebel groups in Syria. And I bet they have no real clue as to who they armed and supported. 

Russia and Iran are making sure Syria remains.. Syria.

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect most Iranians would vote tomorrow to bring all their combatants home from Syria in the highly unlikely event they were ever consulted on the topic. Iran faces serious threats within from regional unrest, unemployment, corruption, drug addiction, drought etc. It cannot afford wars of choice, particularly ones as disgraceful as this. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

On 2/16/2019 at 1:23 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

I suspect most Iranians would vote tomorrow to bring all their combatants home from Syria in the highly unlikely event they were ever consulted on the topic. Iran faces serious threats within from regional unrest, unemployment, corruption, drug addiction, drought etc. It cannot afford wars of choice, particularly ones as disgraceful as this. 

Were Americans or Canadians consulted on putting troops INTO Syria?

16 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Were Americans or Canadians consulted on putting troops INTO Syria?

No, but we can at least have an open debate about it. 

Iran’s adventures in various ME trouble spots need to be assessed separately. In Syria, they have made a convenient pact with a secular tyrant. It is true that some of the rebels are more hostile to us than the man himself but I still don’t think we can overlook Assad’s horrible crimes. On the other hand, in Yemen, they are certainly no worse than the Saudis and in Bahrain they are on the side of the oppressed people of that country against a Sunni ruler who lacks legitimacy. 

8 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

No, but we can at least have an open debate about it. 

Iran’s adventures in various ME trouble spots need to be assessed separately. In Syria, they have made a convenient pact with a secular tyrant. It is true that some of the rebels are more hostile to us than the man himself but I still don’t think we can overlook Assad’s horrible crimes. On the other hand, in Yemen, they are certainly no worse than the Saudis and in Bahrain they are on the side of the oppressed people of that country against a Sunni ruler who lacks legitimacy. 

What good is a debate when our government does not listen?

While Iran has it's problems,I am not worried about Iran. I am more concerned about our double standard stance against terrorism while at the same time we deal with terrorist nations like Saudi Arabia while trying to claim the high ground in hypocrisy.

In Yemen it was the Saudi's with support from US and Canada via equipment sales to them which allowed them to create the crisis in Yemen. Well documented, but rarely reported by western media. Why? Like Syria,  the 'civil war' was started by external entities. Western entities.

Edited by GostHacked

• 5 months later...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/01/middleeast/syria-rukban-us-intl/index.html

25,000 people in this camp. Located in Syria. NOT between the border of Joran and Syria. I am still confused how one can be between international borders.

Syrian government is blocking aid to the area. And the USA has a base very close but won't supply aid either.

Also, with that graphic, someone want to explain to me why the USA has a military base IN SYRIA???

17 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

American forces are not bound by national nor international law nor the laws of armed conflict to render aid to those internally displaced persons.

Hague and Geneva are clear, those persons are the responsibility of the government in Damascus.

So no problems with the USA operating a military base in Syri?

1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

So no problems with the USA operating a military base in Syri?

No problems at all, CENTCOM has my blessing to conduct force protection of American forces therein with alacrity, none the less, mission creep into an humanitarian mission would be folly, stay on mission, steel your hearts for war.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

No problems at all, CENTCOM has my blessing to conduct force protection of American forces therein with alacrity, none the less, mission creep into an humanitarian mission would be folly, stay on mission, steel your hearts for war.

So Syria can have a military base in the USA? Why not?

Just now, GostHacked said:

So Syria can have a military base in the USA? Why not?

Under international law and the laws of armed conflict, Syria is entitled to expand as far at it can,  unless and until it is challenged with military force by another sovereign, which the United States would at the very least do, upon Syrian forces violating the twelve mile limit of international waters off the CONUS.

34 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Under international law and the laws of armed conflict, Syria is entitled to expand as far at it can,  unless and until it is challenged with military force by another sovereign, which the United States would at the very least do, upon Syrian forces violating the twelve mile limit of international waters off the CONUS.

Syria has no chance unless Russia really steps in to help them. Which would be a good course of action. The USA's action in Syria has not been productive at all. Also the area in which these people are in this so called 'Protected Zone' occupied and controlled by the US Military.  Now tell me how Syria is to get aid to these people? They can't and the USA won't help them either.

Just now, GostHacked said:

Syria has no chance unless Russia really steps in to help them. Which would be a good course of action. The USA's action in Syria has not been productive at all. Also the area in which these people are in this so called 'Protected Zone' occupied and controlled by the US Military.  Now tell me how Syria is to get aid to these people? They can't and the USA won't help them either.

"Force Protection" means protection of your own forces only, in terms of the Russians, they have saved the regime in Damascus, but where they posed a threat to US forces in Syria, they were dealt with harshly.

KCCO Wagner Group 5 Storm Unit, which is Russian JSOC, did not heed American warnings to stay clear of American forces at Khasham, and they got their asses handed to them, the Americans brought in the airpower, including A-10 and AC-130, and killed something like 100 Russian commandos.

The Russians decided to disavow the KCCO Special Operations Forces, Russia claimed they were not Russians, but rather "mercenaries", that way Russia wouldn't have to respond to the Americans kicking the shit out of them.

None the less, the Americans are in theater to deal with Daesh in Raqqa, the Obama administration may have had designs to overthrow Assad, but it's clear that the Trump Administration is only interested in killing Jihadists and protecting American forces engaged in that activity.

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

"Force Protection" means protection of your own forces only, in terms of the Russians, they have saved the regime in Damascus, but where they posed a threat to US forces in Syria, they were dealt with harshly.

What threat? If anything the US forces are the threat in Syria.

On 8/1/2019 at 2:43 PM, DogOnPorch said:

A threat to ISIS or a threat to Assad's Russian/Iranian backed government?

Who do you like most of those two?

You mean the USA/Saudi Backed ISIS terrorist threat compared to a Syrian and Russia aliance?

It's a very hard choice. Not sure who I should run with.