Syrian Civil War

Again...a lot of talk...but it's not coming out in the actual action footage. Perhaps every single time somebody in Syria catches NATO supplied weapons and soldiers on camera they meet a tragic end. There is that chance. I could also win the NYS Lottery and meet ET.

Maybe you can point out to me where I made that argument regarding NATO weapons in the hands of the FSA?

Maybe you can point out to me where I made that argument regarding NATO weapons in the hands of the FSA?

Oh, we're going to play this game now? You have no real stance? OK, GH...until you mention "NATO backed rebels" again.

Right, now we got that out of the way.

So along with certain NATO members providing support for the FSA, we now have Qatar and Saudi Arabia throwing themselves into the mix.

Hmm this was reported back in July 2012

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/27/us-syria-crisis-centre-idUSBRE86Q0JM20120727

(Reuters) - Turkey has set up a secret base with allies Saudi Arabia and Qatar to direct vital military and communications aid to Syria's rebels from a city near the border, Gulf sources have told Reuters.

News of the clandestine Middle East-run "nerve centre" working to topple Syrian President Bashar al-Assad underlines the extent to which Western powers - who played a key role in unseating Muammar Gaddafi in Libya - have avoided military involvement so far in Syria.

"It's the Turks who are militarily controlling it. Turkey is the main co-ordinator/facilitator. Think of a triangle, with Turkey at the top and Saudi Arabia and Qatar at the bottom," said a Doha-based source.

"The Americans are very hands-off on this. U.S. intel(ligence) are working through middlemen. Middlemen are controlling access to weapons and routes."

Since Turkey does not primarily use NATO style weapons. That would be one reason why you don't see NATO weapons in the hands of the FSA.

From 2011

But we knew about Turkey providing all sorts of support for the FSA. But that is why you don't see NATO weapons in the hands of the FSA. Turkey with assistance from the USA helped funnel support from Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

ANTAKYA, Turkey — Once one of Syria’s closest allies, Turkey is hosting an armed opposition group waging an insurgency against the government of President Bashar al-Assad, providing shelter to the commander and dozens of members of the group, the Free Syrian Army, and allowing them to orchestrate attacks across the border from inside a camp guarded by the Turkish military.

Qatar, the tiny gas-rich Gulf state which played a leading part in supplying weapons to Libyan rebels, has a key role in directing operations at the Adana base, the sources said. Qatari military intelligence and state security officials are involved.

"Three governments are supplying weapons: Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia," said a Doha-based source.

Ankara has officially denied supplying weapons.

"All weaponry is Russian. The obvious reason is that these guys (the Syrian rebels) are trained to use Russian weapons, also because the Americans don't want their hands on it. All weapons are from the black market. The other way they get weapons is to steal them from the Syrian army. They raid weapons stores.

So now I have clearly explained why you don't see NATO weapons in the hands of the FSA.

Just to be clear, this is NOT a civil war.

Turkey doesn't 'primarily use NATO style weapons'? What ARE you talking about? Turkey uses the Heckler & Koch like many other NATO countries. You're free to show me Syrians...Assad or FSA...carrying HK33 or G3 rifles.

Turkey doesn't 'primarily use NATO style weapons'? What ARE you talking about? Turkey uses the Heckler & Koch like many other NATO countries. You're free to show me Syrians...Assad or FSA...carrying HK33 or G3 rifles.

Reported. I've entertained you long enough.

Reported. I've entertained you long enough.

You being angry at being challenged on a forum doesn't change the fact that Turkey indeed uses 'NATO style weapons'. The HK is made in Germany and is used by MANY NATO forces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_HK33

You being angry at being challenged on a forum doesn't change the fact that Turkey indeed uses 'NATO style weapons'. The HK is made in Germany and is used by MANY NATO forces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_HK33

I know you do not have a reading comprehension issue, as you are obviously a little smarter than most people I converse with. However, with me saying that Turkey primarily uses Russian weapons does not rule out that they do in fact use NATO weapons.

The challenge was made for you to bring a decent counter argument which you have failed at every post since that challenge. You twist my argument, I clarify my stance. You rephrase it again statement and I repeat and clarify even mroe my stance. You rephrase it over and over, and you still get the same response from me.

The only admission you got from me was that I have no stance if we use your convoluted twisting of my argument. That was obviously satisfactory until I posted again this morning. Now you have twisted yet another statement into something that was not ever said.

I guess you did take my advice and ignore my clarifications. Yikes.

Now one last time, can you formulate a decent counter argument with links perhaps?

What happened is you must have thought all NATO troops carry US weapons. An error. Turkey does not use Russian weapons, either. Another error. Their primary assault rifle is the Heckler & Koch...I'm sure you've heard of them.

You just so desperately want to paint the Syrian Civil War as somebody's fault other than Syria's that you'll go to any length to 'prove it'...including that last lame attempt. Nice to know if you ever get into a position of power that free speech is safe with you.

:rolleyes:

What happened is you must have thought all NATO troops carry US weapons. An error.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Turkey does not use Russian weapons, either. Another error. Their primary assault rifle is the Heckler & Koch...I'm sure you've heard of them.

This is the only thing in the last 5 pages you have been correct on.

You just so desperately want to paint the Syrian Civil War as somebody's fault other than Syria's that you'll go to any length to 'prove it'...including that last lame attempt. Nice to know if you ever get into a position of power that free speech is safe with you.

Well you have the chance to counter my argument and say it IS a civil war. Links, evidence, formulate a decent argument.

I am all for free speech so you are free to continue twisting a good deal of my initial argument. And when you do I am free to call you out on it.

I'll leave it there as now both you and I run the risk of spending time in the cooler.

Well...you need to do that as that stunt should have earned YOU a warning point.

Meanwhile, my point stands. No matter the chatterbox reporters saying a thousand different things, I've yet to see any of this supposed NATO support in action. Syria is unlike all other wars in that now EVERYBODY has a camera...mostly good ones, at that. Plus, both sides have a vigorous agenda of trying to expose the other side as being barbaric or getting caught doing something horrible. If an Assad supporter gets wind of NATO weapons on the battlefield...there will be a ton of video footage to go with it.

My challenge to you is to show that footage. Simple.

Does one need to show video evidence of NATO weapons to prove that NATO is providing support for the FSA?

Answer no.

Support comes in many forms, and as stated has gone through middlemen.

Support may not come in the form of NATO weapons. However Turkey has provided base operations for the FSA while the US military has provided training to some of these rebels.

Also NATO backs them up by placing troops in Jordan and Turkey while supplying both countries with some hardware. All this is in place to support the rebels, because they sure as hell are not supporting Assad.

You have asked me for video proof, when you have not been able to counter that argument on your own. So you are relying on me to do your work for you. I don't think that is how it works around here.

Also there is not too much coming out of Syria directly as they have had their Internet access reduced and in two occasions Syria went dark. So there is the cyber war aspect that we are not really paying attention to. And you can bet that entities like the US and UK are involved in the cyber war.

You are still stuck on ONE single bit. A bit only YOU have made and projected on me. And no matter how many times I clarify myself, you still go back to it. Why?

My challenge remains. Show me that NATO support. But, I appreciate that you feel uncomfortable being asked to back-up your posts. It's a tough thing to do which is no doubt why you felt the need to try and see my posting ability removed. Luckily...each day provides hundreds of new uploads from Syria that could indeed show what you and many others claim is a fact.

• 3 weeks later...

A peaceful explosion.

There were some acquisitions that Israel had shot-off a nuke...as usual. Radiation detectors say otherwise...that is...no radioactive fallout. Besides...the flash from an atomic weapon would have fried that camera.

Edited by DogOnPorch

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/07/net-us-syria-weapons-foreign-idUSBRE96605420130707

Gun running from Libya

Local smugglers have clearly been busy. According to a study by the Small Arms Survey released this week, the price of guns and ammunition increased by 60-80 percent in Lebanon between February and September last year, almost entirely on Syria demand.

Throughout the region, the growing demand for weaponry to go to Syria is an open secret and lucrative business opportunity.

"They know we are sending guns to Syria," Libyan arms dealer Abdul Basit Haroun told Reuters last month, showing off a warehouse packed with arms and ammunition awaiting shipment. "Everyone knows."

Also since someone mentioned the huge blast.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.534836

Syrian rebels on Tuesday accused foreign forces of destroying the advanced Russian anti-ship missiles in Syria last week, rejecting claims that the attack had been carried out by opposition fighters.

Most of the rebels are foreigners. But the way this is written makes me think there is a 3rd party operating in the area. So Syria's Military, the Syrian rebels and now a 3rd group of foreign fighters??

Even though the US hasn't any US soldiers in Syria, at least that we know of, they are giving training to the rebels and also supplying miltary equipment and it would be suprising that Cnada is doing the same. http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-defense-contractors-training-syrian-rebels-to-handle-chemical-weapons/5315180

What? The west aiding violent terrorist revolutionaries? Say it isnt so!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/08/21/syria-gas-attack-accusation-damascus.html

Syrian regime forces fired intense artillery and rocket barrages Wednesday on the eastern suburbs of the capital, Damascus, in what two pro-opposition groups claimed was a "poisonous gas" attack that is reported to have killed at least 100 people.

The claims came as a 20-member UN chemical weapons team was in Syria to investigate three sites where chemical weapons attacks had allegedly occurred in the past.

What if it's the rebels that fired the chemical weapons?