Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

Ya Wilber I have given up debating with American Woman on this one.(I suggest you do the same)

I remember she did this one time in a thread about marihuana laws(or something like that) and it was an endless debate about some minor technicality that I can't remember now about possession and smoking it or something like that.

Once AW gets locked into a position she becomes stubborn and the arguments/debate become endless on one point.The debate will never evolve from then on.

WWWTT

I don't have a problem with that. Debates like this are a good thing, they force you to think in order to justify your opinion and sometimes your opinions are changed or at least you get to understand a different point of view, even if you don't agree with it. If you feel you have reached a dead end or have nothing more to contribute, you can move on.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

Good. The public works can't be stopped by one idiot with a gun....or a piece of land. It isn't like people don't get compensated for their lands when they get taken anyway. This is a bit of a straw man.

So what is it you champion there comrade, the tyranny of the majority or the tyranny of the state?

Guest Derek L

You expect every police officer to act in every citizen's interest? And you call me naive. Not only is that impossible, it is not their job in the first place.

You would condemn the police as an institution by the illegal actions of a small proportion of its members but you would trust any Joe Blow with a gun to act in your best interests. Good luck with that.

So “what if” the state ordered the police to load red headed babies into a dumpster with a pitchfork? Remember, their oath and training, that in your opinion, puts them above the standard of the average Joe………Remember, following orders is not a defence:

"The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him."
Edited by Derek L

Guest Derek L

So what, are you saying that because there were police officers in the KKK that they were acting for the federal government or were federal officers? In some places you can pin a badge on any rube.

In some instances the State’s Government…….(Little Rock Nine)

Guest American Woman

QFT

Oh, give me a break. I thought you had more on the ball than this. I point out that Canada is implicit in so many things too because all of the criticism is directed at the U.S. - while Canada gets a pass. Because the U.S. - a nation with ten times the population and ten times the power of Canada - is supposedly "worse."

I've said a bajillion times that I will no longer participate in one-sided criticism. I've criticized my country for years - and so have the Canadians who give Canada a pass.

But this is typical. You give what *I* said a "QFT" while ignoring MY quote - which was quite true. Too difficult for a Canadian such as yourself to admit that, eh? :rolleyes: What a joke. I've learned so much about Canada here - and I don't mean politics - and the learning just continues.......

Guest American Woman

QFT

Ok. I see that you don't have as much on the ball as I thought you did. Talk about another ignorant response. If people weren't "endlessly" responding to my posts, my responses could hardly become "endless" now, could they? Good God. If you can't see that THEY are stubbornly locked into their points, there's something wrong with you.

But good to know where you're coming from - I don't like to give posters more credit than they deserve.

Guest American Woman

You expect every police officer to act in every citizen's interest? And you call me naive. Not only is that impossible, it is not their job in the first place.

Seriously, Wilber. This is so ignorant I hardly know how to respond. Are you saying the police shouldn't all have been expected to act in Black Americans' interests??

You would condemn the police as an institution by the illegal actions of a small proportion of its members but you would trust any Joe Blow with a gun to act in your best interests. Good luck with that.

Who in God's name is condemning the police as an institution? I'm saying that as long as their are police officers who will go after citizens, citizens, unless armed themselves, are completely at their mercy.

Edited by American Woman

Seriously, Wilber. This is so ignorant I hardly know how to respond. Are you saying the police shouldn't all have been expected to act in Black Americans' interests??

You said every citizens interest. Criminals are citizens to.

Who in God's name is condemning the police as an institution? I'm saying that as long as their are police officers who will go after citizens, citizens, unless armed themselves, are completely at their mercy. You bloody well are condemning them as an institution if you say they are not accountable.

Bullshit, that is why we have rule of law. The police are subject to it as well. Are you seriously trying to say that no police officers are ever arrested for breaking it? When they do, they get arrested by other police officers, or haven't you noticed. You bloody well are condemning them as an institution if you say they are not accountable except to mob rule.

Edited by Wilber

Does expropriations of land, coupled to losses in both value of personal property and business along the Cambie corridor of the Canada Line Skytrain count?
the request was specifically to your expressed concern... "expropriation without compensation". Clearly the reason for your cited expropriation is clear; the need unarguable. Perhaps you question the value of compensation - yes? In your estimation, did the Cambie corridor land owners lack sufficient guns to either, 1- defeat expropriation attempts, or 2- gain sufficient compensatory value?

Said Cambie corridor land owners lacked the legal recourse to either defeat expropriation or gain sufficient monetary value…..Father Government knows best eh?

hey now... didn't you rationalize yer gunz based on yer fear of yer lands being expropriated... "lands & gunz"! :lol:

I’m rather surprised on your level of contention and or lack of interest towards Private Property rights in Canada contrasted with the United States…………Not only do our “shortcomings” in enshrined rights effect me gunz ’n land, but one can also contrast the lack of ability of a Canadian citizen (unlike an American) to privately launch a citizen suit against, for example, a large corporation causing damage to the Natural Environment, thus negatively effecting ones private property…………..Clearly the Canadian Environmental Protection Act of 1999 is a paper tiger due in part to our lack of property rights.
I refuse to engage in another of your purposeful mind-numbing circle-jerks based on your intended vague choice of wording. Lay it out - precisely: i.e., in regards to a lack of entrenched personal property rights within the Charter, relative to environmental protections affecting personal health/property, relative to actionable recourse, you assert Canadian citizens... individually or in class action: _ _ _ _ _ _
Vague choice of wording? That's exactly the point, we don’t have said enshrined rights to property, hence no requirement for judicial (vague) interpretation of what constitutes one’s own property………..Tis my point, I’d love it if Canadians shared the same dilemma faced by Americans when the “intended wording” associated with property rights is interpreted by all levels of Justices, in all levels of courts………It would be a refreshing “problem” for Canadians to have.

so begins another of your walk-backs! You were specifically requested to clarify your assertion... instead, we get yet another 'Derek L' avoidance gem. Well done!

Guest Derek L

so begins another of your walk-backs! You were specifically requested to clarify your assertion... instead, we get yet another 'Derek L' avoidance gem. Well done!

Where's the "walk-back"? I provided examples of Government expropriations of both land and firearms.

Guest Derek L

And it wasn't Billy Bob and his fifty cal who deal with them. He was more likely on their side. It was the federal government and the 101st Airborne.

So Federal Government = Good……Provincial/State Government = Bad

Where do municipal Governments align?

Where's the "walk-back"? I provided examples of Government expropriations of both land and firearms.

once again you refuse to answer a direct question/request for you to specifically clarify your assertion... see walk-back. I'm done with your perpetual B.S. and will take great pleasure in simply highlighting your refusal to answer direct questions. Beyond that you can spin away, deflect away, distract away...

Guest Derek L

Tell me, how much good did all those privately owned weapons in Arkansas do for the Little Rock Nine?

I’d assume they did about as much “good” , as they did “bad”……..But the example highlights that Government, in this case State level, doesn’t always do what’s morally right……..