Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

Really? I seem to remember that the urgency for the war in Iraq was because Saddam Hussein gassed his own people...13 years earlier.

And this has what to do with the Colorado massacre?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d assume they did about as much “good” , as they did “bad”……..But the example highlights that Government, in this case State level, doesn’t always do what’s morally right……..

I'd assume that if they had been at all, they would have been used against the military that were trying to enforce the Nines right to go to school. Their rights were upheld by the federal government in spite of white public opinion in Arkansas and its racist government.

Morally right has nothing to do with it. You can have ten different people with guns and ten different sets of morals.

Guest Derek L

I'd assume that if they had been at all, they would have been used against the military that were trying to enforce the Nines right to go to school. Their rights were upheld by the federal government in spite of white public opinion in Arkansas and its racist government.

Morally right has nothing to do with it. You can have ten different people with guns and ten different sets of morals.

Indeed, you can have ten different people, just as you can have ten different Governments made up of said people………and if the idiots get in they’ll have all those police and military members, whom all sworn oaths, ensuring their policies…….

Guest American Woman

You said every citizens interest. Criminals are citizens to.

Yes, they are citizens too. Now that we've established that, your point is??

Bullshit, that is why we have rule of law. The police are subject to it as well. Are you seriously trying to say that no police officers are ever arrested for breaking it? When they do, they get arrested by other police officers, or haven't you noticed. You bloody well are condemning them as an institution if you say they are not accountable except to mob rule.

"If" being the operative word. Try really, really hard to respond to what I actually say. My money is on you - I bet you can do it!

:rolleyes:

Indeed, you can have ten different people, just as you can have ten different Governments made up of said people………and if the idiots get in theyll have all those police and military members, whom all sworn oaths, ensuring their policies…….

So you think armed anarchy is better.

Know something. Unless they are on an assignment which will not take them to the station at the beginning of their next shift, our cops don't take their weapons home. They leave them locked up at the station. They are work tools only.

I think that is civilized. Even better if they didn't need guns at all.

Edited by Wilber

"If" being the operative word. Try really, really hard to respond to what I actually say. My money is on you - I bet you can do it!

:rolleyes:

Pretty difficult when you ignore everything that is said to you. Let me ask, how many citizens arrests of police officers are you aware of that were carried out by private citizens packing?

I don't expect a coherent answer.

Guest American Woman

Pretty difficult when you ignore everything that is said to you. Let me ask, how many citizens arrests of police officers are you aware of that were carried out by private citizens packing?

I don't expect a coherent answer.

Looks like I lost my money. :( And I had such confidence in you ............

Just another reason why the American constitution was not thought through very well.

I think the U.S. Constitution has worked out rather well compared to just about every other written or unwritten Constitution, except maybe the British one. Then again in many respects the U.S. Constitution is a written adaptation of the British Constitution.

To whom has the greater ability for civil recourse? An American or Canadian?

Both equally.

Eminent Domain is and has been used to wrongfully take land. It used to be for the greater good, but lately there are cases wherby its appropriated for commercial private profit.

Guest American Woman

Another question you won't or can't answer.

Why in God's name should I waste my time answering your questions when you keep speaking for me - saying I think off-the-wall things that exist only in your imagination? You apparently can't comprehend anything I've said because you don't respond to anything I've said - except to come back claiming I said or think things I've never said or thought - and I'm sure you'd do the same with this latest question - so until you respond to what I've said, you can bet your last dollar I won't be answering any more of your questions. :rolleyes:

Guest American Woman

Nothing new in that.

Nope. Not at all. I make it a policy not to waste any more time than I already have with posters who can't respond to what I actually say.

I think the U.S. Constitution has worked out rather well compared to just about every other written or unwritten Constitution, except maybe the British one. Then again in many respects the U.S. Constitution is a written adaptation of the British Constitution.

Yes I guess you could be right.

Perhaps there are flaws in how the states and even municipalities/regions have strong sometimes conflicting powers/laws.

What good is a constitution if it can not be enforced?

WWWTT

Definitely. Especially when some parts of the constitution aren't enforced, and other parts of the constitution are trampled on by the government.

Hey man, join the club of folks that AW has deemed unworthy!

It used to be rather an elite club, but it appears the membership is growing quickly.

Who knew it would be so difficult to argue the reality of way our systems have and do work, against a bunch of doom and gloom hypotheses, none of which have shown any signs of coming to pass and are largely perpetuated by things like the movies and those who just want to have the biggest gun they can afford.

Guest American Woman

Who knew it would be so difficult to argue the reality of way our systems have and do work, against a bunch of doom and gloom hypotheses, none of which have shown any signs of coming to pass and are largely perpetuated by things like the movies and those who just want to have the biggest gun they can afford.

Your way is fine for you; I couldn't care less what you do in Canada. I think it's great that you're a loyal subject. ;) But. Who knew it would be so difficult to argue the reality of our way, what works for us? That's what this thread is about - U.S. politics and how Americans feel. If you think everything in Canada is going to stay the same from now until the end of time, good for you. I'm sure Pollyanna would agree.

That's what this thread is about - U.S. politics and how Americans feel.

According to Pew Research, since the shooting, views remain evenly divided as before: roughly half agree with you, and half don't.

That's how "Americans feel" about the subject.

You don't speak for Americans any more than Canadian gun control advocates do, statistically-wise.

Put another way: you don't speak for something called "Americans." Americans are as divided over the issue as Canadians are.

Edited by bleeding heart

Definitely. Especially when some parts of the constitution aren't enforced, and other parts of the constitution are trampled on by the government.

I don't quite understand what you're getting at. Yes, there are some parts of the Constitution that are "enforced" by the political branches, not by the SCOTUS.

I don't quite understand what you're getting at. Yes, there are some parts of the Constitution that are "enforced" by the political branches, not by the SCOTUS.

What Shady is getting at--in fact, it's his underlying premise generally--is that the roughly liberal/left half of the United States is corrupted, sinister, and world-destructive, and that the roughly conservative/rightwing half is lovely and awe-inspiring.

If his positions were precisely reversed, he would be continually disparaged here as "anti-American."

Which begs some very interesting questions.

Edited by bleeding heart

Guest American Woman

I'm guessing that Shady thinks that Obama is trampling on the constitution. I'm guessing that you would agree. :)

Edited by American Woman