Obama vs Romney - POTUS 2012

what you label as "Obama ads" was the U.S. Labor Department advertising its "Job Corps" program and, in particular, according to the U.S. Labor Department, "raising awareness among employers and influencers about the Job Corps program’s existing and new training initiatives in high growth and environmentally friendly career areas"

Shady, are you raising concerns over Harper Conservatives spending tax dollars to promote government programs and policies? :lol: As for your selectively U.S. targeted comment, perhaps you could offer additional comment on the 2006 U.S. Government Accountability Office study that found that over a 2-year span, the Bush administration spent more than $1.6 billion in public relations and media spending to promote Bush administration programs and policies.

Yep, it's a great you scratch my back I'll scratch yours type of deal. The most pro-Obama cable shows receive stimulus advertising money. :rolleyes:

Shady! Are you (falsely) ticked that FoxNews didn't get a share of the advertising monies? If you read some of the pushback to your falsehood claiming the ads as "Obama ads", the advertising company used by the U.S. Labor Department had also considered both PBS and FoxNews... PBS was dropped as the PBS rates were comparatively much higher. In terms of attempting to maximize advertising gains, I expect the viewer audiences of both FoxNews and MSNBC were analyzed for maximum penetration, recognition and possible alignment with the advertising in question... you know... training initiatives within the U.S. Labor Department's Job Corp programs high growth environmentally friendly career areas. In your role as U.S. subsidy monies watchdog, was that the right choice by the advertising company Shady? :lol:

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady! Are you (falsely) ticked that FoxNews didn't get a share of the advertising monies? If you read some of the pushback to your falsehood claiming the ads as "Obama ads", the advertising company used by the U.S. Labor Department had also considered both PBS and FoxNews... PBS was dropped as the PBS rates were comparatively much higher. In terms of attempting to maximize advertising gains, I expect the viewer audiences of both FoxNews and MSNBC were analyzed for maximum penetration, recognition and possible alignment with the advertising in question... you know... training initiatives within the U.S. Labor Department's Job Corp programs high growth environmentally friendly career areas. In your role as U.S. subsidy monies watchdog, was that the right choice by the advertising company Shady? :lol:

Right, so Olbermann's show and Maddow's show just happened to be the only audiences picked for advertising huh? Riiiight. :rolleyes:

I can't imagine the hate mail they get when they run Democratic ads.

Could be. Probably the same type of mail MSNBC gets when they run Republican ads. Heck, you should have read some of the comments Newsweek got for their "Hit the road Barack" cover. Some Dem commentors wanted the Department of Justice to shut down the magazine! :lol:

Could be. Probably the same type of mail MSNBC gets when they run Republican ads. Heck, you should have read some of the comments Newsweek got for their "Hit the road Barack" cover. Some Dem commentors wanted the Department of Justice to shut down the magazine! :lol:

You mean the story with lies in it?

surprise... and it's not even October yet!

the Bain of Romney: The Bain Files: The Documents

The Bain Files: Inside Mitt Romney’s Tax-Dodging Cayman Schemes

Mitt Romney's $250 million fortune is largely a black hole: Aside from the meager and vague disclosures he has filed under federal and Massachusetts laws, and the two years of partial tax returns (one filed and another provisional) he has released, there is almost no data on precisely what his vast holdings consist of, or what vehicles he has used to escape taxes on his income. Gawker has obtained a massive cache of confidential financial documents that shed a great deal of light on those finances, and on the tax-dodging tricks available to the hyper-rich that he has used to keep his effective tax rate at roughly 13% over the last decade.

Today, we are publishing more than 950 pages of internal audits, financial statements, and private investor letters for 21 cryptically named entities in which Romney had invested—at minimum—more than $10 million as of 2011 (that number is based on the low end of ranges he has disclosed—the true number is almost certainly significantly higher). Almost all of them are affiliated with Bain Capital, the secretive private equity firm Romney co-founded in 1984 and ran until his departure in 1999 (or 2002, depending on whom you ask). Many of them are offshore funds based in the Cayman Islands. Together, they reveal the mind-numbing, maze-like, and deeply opaque complexity with which Romney has handled his wealth, the exotic tax-avoidance schemes available only to the preposterously wealthy that benefit him, the unlikely (for a right-wing religious Mormon) places that his money has ended up, and the deeply hypocritical distance between his own criticisms of Obama's fiscal approach and his money managers' embrace of those same policies. They also show that some of the investments that Romney has always described as part of his retirement package at Bain weren't made until years after he left the company.

Bain isn't a company so much as an intricate suite of steadily proliferating inter-related holding companies and limited partnerships, some based in Delaware and others in the Cayman Islands, Luxembourg, and elsewhere, designed to collectively house roughly $66 billion in wealth in its many crevices and chambers. When Romney left in 1999, he and his wife retained significant investments in many of those Bain vehicles—he claims they are "passive investments" and that they are managed in a blind trust (though the trustee isn't blind enough to meet federal standards of independence). But aside from disparate snippets of information contained in his federal and Massachusetts financial disclosure forms, his 2010 tax returns, and SEC filings, the nature of those investments has been obfuscated by design.

much has been made of Romney's "retroactive" retirement from Bain... with Romney scrambling to remove his involvements in any/all those most scrutinized post 1999 Bain decisions. But, oh my: Williard, you got some splainin to do!

Romney has long claimed, despite evidence to the contrary, that he retired from Bain Capital in 1999. The Bain documents we obtained indicate that his involvement with the company extended years past that date.

Romney indicated in a financial disclosure form that he "retired" from Bain on Feb. 11, 1999. Gawker reports, however, that the presidential candidate had a stake in Sankaty Credit Opportunities, which was not created until 2002.

Nope, I've never been a birther.

Ri-ight. You just questioned what he must be hiding by not instructing the State of Hawaii to release it, just like you are questioning what he must be hiding by not instructing Harvard to release his transcript. I was hoping you would be one of those who are questioning what Jack Layton's family are hiding by not saying what specific cancer he died from. But I know you wouldn't dare question what Romney is obviously hiding by not releasing his tax return. :lol:

You're wrong. Obama has a birth certificate. It's sealed. And he won't release it. One has to wonder why?

As old Shady would say before he took up after flip flop lair Rmoney. Romney has records and tax returns about his time at Bain why won't he release them. BTW Shady know 2008, 2009 my quick search turned up tens if not hundreds of posts just like that one. I think everytime you mention how silly it is to ask for info on Romney I will post a new one to make you look stupid.

Indeed, the latest poll 47-46 in Obama's favour. That is such a close margin that it is easily within the margin of error especially as we well know that republicans are more likely to turn up to vote.

I personally hope that Obama wins but I think Romney will take the victory unless, unless, the ongoing episode with his tax-returns somehow reveals something very nasty which will blow in his face.

As old Shady would say before he took up after flip flop lair Rmoney. Romney has records and tax returns about his time at Bain why won't he release them. BTW Shady know 2008, 2009 my quick search turned up tens if not hundreds of posts just like that one. I think everytime you mention how silly it is to ask for info on Romney I will post a new one to make you look stupid.

How does that make me a birther? I specifically state that Obama has a birth certificate, and that he was obviously born in Hawaii. I just couldn't figure out why he wouldn't shut up all of the birthers. I still don't understand why he waited so long. That doesn't make me a birther at all.

It is kind of odd that Obama won't release his actual birth certificate, and instead, released his certificate of live birth, whatever that means. Sounds orwellian.

Gee releasing just what the public demands is Orwellian to Shady but not releasing tax returns the public demands and that is a tradition is just fine by him. Listen here Shady the hypocrit you have kinda painted yourself into a corner on this one.

Romney may have a little trouble holding his religius right flank. The backlash some Republicans had feared may be happening and even the voting record of Ryan isn’t deflecting this criticism.

But the rush to reject Akin is infuriating the anti-abortion movement, which sees it as a further sign of Romney’s weak commitment to social conservatism. “For goodness’s sake, the guy won’t defend a chicken sandwich, let alone his own Senate candidate,” says conservative radio host Steve Deace, who recently co-wrote a book, We Won’t Get Fooled Again: Where the Christian Right Went Wrong and How to Make America Right Again, arguing that social conservatives have been shafted by the GOP.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/23/gop-grassroots-furious-at-romney-over-akin-abortion-rape-exception.html

Romney may have a little trouble holding his religius right flank. The backlash some Republicans had feared may be happening and even the voting record of Ryan isn’t deflecting this criticism.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/23/gop-grassroots-furious-at-romney-over-akin-abortion-rape-exception.html

It doesn't matter he is now just telling the media he want answer questions if they are about abortions because these questions are to tough.

It doesn't matter he is now just telling the media he want answer questions if they are about abortions because these questions are to tough.

Okay, I got it now.....he won’t release 5 years of tax returns, he will not give the details of his budget plan, he will not reveal the individual tax deductions to be elminated and do not dare ask him about abortion....never thought I would see the bar so low for a president. :(