game of thrones

blueblood

Convinent? It just confirms what I'm saying. She's. Not. In. The. Books.

Yes, she is in spirit. The character from the first book is definitely in there and she appears to be a take on that character.

If anything, this improves the flow of the story.

But then, you would have to read the books to have any idea about the bigger picture. :lol:

Yes, she is in spirit. The character from the first book is definitely in there and she appears to be a take on that character.

If anything, this improves the flow of the story.

A minor character who doesn't even get a name. Yep, totally the same thing. :rolleyes:

But then, you would have to read the books to have any idea about the bigger picture. :lol:

Give me an effing break. First, the show has already diverged significantly from the books in a number of places. Second, it's its own work and shouldn't require any knowledge of the source material to be judged on its merits.

Edited by Black Dog

A minor character who doesn't even get a name. Yep, totally the same thing. :rolleyes:

Give me an effing break. First, the show has already diverged significantly from the books in a number of places. Second, it's its own work and shouldn't require any knowledge of the source material to be judged on its merits.

For a guy who hasn't read the books you sure seem to think you know a lot about them. :lol:

Edited by msj

Someone should be able to enjoy the show equally without reading the books. The show has made many, my wife included, start reading the books so now they know what's supposed to happen.

She still loves the show but doesn't always like the adaptation.

For example the scenes with Arya condense multiple Arya chapters into like 2 minutes of content. The skip over a lot of stuff but end up in the same place. I'd say that's a strength of the show.

Apparently Stannis and that witch never get busy in the book, but to make the show more visual they include a scene with them having sex. I say including that scene makes the connection between the characters stronger.

I've also been told they never actually say Renly is gay in the book. Not sure what including that feature ads to the story, but whatever.

Someone should be able to enjoy the show equally without reading the books. The show has made many, my wife included, start reading the books so now they know what's supposed to happen.

She still loves the show but doesn't always like the adaptation.

I have mixed feelings. I started reading the series after season 1.

The first 3 books are excellent, the fourth sucks, the fifth recovers a bit. If the sixth is a good as I can imagine it could be then I will read the series until the end (assuming Martin finishes it).

I don't like the TeeVee as much as the books.

But I do love the changes that have been worked in - Ros mentioned above being one of my favourites. She works really well as a kind of transitional force to quickly reinforce characteristics of the various major characters.

Not only do her scenes add titillation that any 13 year old would love (and any prudes would hate :lol: ) but they help cut the book down to fit into the 10 TeeVee episodes (hence why I laugh at BD in posts above).

For example the scenes with Arya condense multiple Arya chapters into like 2 minutes of content. The skip over a lot of stuff but end up in the same place. I'd say that's a strength of the show.

Apparently Stannis and that witch never get busy in the book, but to make the show more visual they include a scene with them having sex. I say including that scene makes the connection between the characters stronger.

Maybe it's my sick mind, but if you read between the lines one is not surprised at all when the program shows them doing it.

But Stanis is keen on keeping it quiet so I assume that Martin also keeps it on the low in the book (perhaps this statement should be vice versa).

Better to leave it as an implied possibility than to explicitly go into a relationship like what Jon Snow ends up doing.

Can't wait for that to be shown on TeeVee though I suspect they will condense all the flirtatious angst into something less than 2 minutes. :D

I've also been told they never actually say Renly is gay in the book. Not sure what including that feature ads to the story, but whatever.

But if you read between the lines it's there to be interpreted that way.

As for adding to the story - well his good "a" queen who wants to be "the" queen, to her story line it is very important that Renly was gay.

Edited by msj

I'm looking forward to the gratuitous impending nudity scene with the ginger wildling Jon Snow is too pussy to kill. It's nice to know that north of the wall they have Irish people.

I'm hoping Theon gets killed soon, What an annoying character. :lol: took him 3 swings to be-head the old guy. Daniel Dale thinks he's a bit of a sissy. :P

Haven't read any of the books, I've bought two but the Old Trout has nabbed the first volume before I could get to it.

I an enjoying the show more lately, it is hard to keep track of whos who from episode to episode.

Every episode I marvel at the sets which are often epic particularly the castle and waterfront scenes which do not look to be CGI enhancements. I need to do some reading on GOT film locations, no doubt there will be a mini-industry for travel tours when the series ends, if it ever ends. I know Malta and Ireland were two of the lcoations.

If you google it there's supposed to be a video talking about them working in Croatia for Kings Landing and Qarth.

There were scenes that I thought were from Qarth were actually from King's Landing.

I do believe the scenes north of the wall are in Iceland.

If you google it there's supposed to be a video talking about them working in Croatia for Kings Landing and Qarth.

There were scenes that I thought were from Qarth were actually from King's Landing.

I do believe the scenes north of the wall are in Iceland.

Iceland, eh?

I marvel at their ability to build fires without a speck of vegetation anywhere. I also noted that they are swathed in heavy furs, yet have no hats or face coverings and you can't see their breath. They need a winter consultant on set and I want it noted that I offered first.

Iceland, eh?

I marvel at their ability to build fires without a speck of vegetation anywhere. I also noted that they are swathed in heavy furs, yet have no hats or face coverings and you can't see their breath. They need a winter consultant on set and I want it noted that I offered first.

Well the Ginger Wildling had a hood on.

Jon Snow can't cover up his epic hair with a hood. :rolleyes: I bet Tuques haven't been invented in Westeros.

There was the scene in Winterfel where Douchbag ERRR Theon was taking over the city and every breath they took had fog coming from their mouth. It kind of looked fake.

After the season finale of Walking Dead, during the Talking Dead thing, they were saying that when the Herd was taking over Herchel's farm it was supposed to be cold but it actually wasn't so they put in CG breath fog to make it look real for the humans but not for the Zombies. :blink:

Edited by Boges

After the season finale of Walking Dead, during the Talking Dead thing, they were saying that when the Herd was taking over Herchel's farm it was supposed to be cold but it actually wasn't so they put in CG breath fog to make it look real for the humans but not for the Zombies. :blink:

And yet, if the zombies don't breathe, how are they making their gutteral grunts and moans? Somethin ain't right there.....

Watching this show with someone that's read the book is beneficial. I can find out what the producers thought to focus on that Martin didn't. But without knowing what's coming before it happens.

Apparently those Dragons weren't stolen in the book. So I guess they needed some drama attached to Blondie going to the Warlocks house.

Also the whole Tywin v Arya thing wasn't as big a part of the book as the show makes it I'm told.

The dialogue between the two is fantastic. You have this guy who is supposed to be the ultimate antagonist other than perhaps Theon and Joffery and he's being served by the sister of his enemy. And she's becoming his friend. That was a really good scene.

I was ready for Jon the mumbler to cut off that ginger's head after the first five minutes, but we got treated to what felt like an eternity of her banging on about banging. It kills me how some scenes can play so well (Arya and Tywin, Cersei and Tyrion) and others that feel like they are from a different, shittier show (Jon and the tramp, Danyrs on Planet Qarth).

I was ready for Jon the mumbler to cut off that ginger's head after the first five minutes, but we got treated to what felt like an eternity of her banging on about banging. It kills me how some scenes can play so well (Arya and Tywin, Cersei and Tyrion) and others that feel like they are from a different, shittier show (Jon and the tramp, Danyrs on Planet Qarth).

Not a fan of a discussion about masturbation and blue balls?

I got the gist the first time. And then they kept talking about it...and talking about it....and talking about it.

It's called pacing: this show (in parts) needs some.

Well the talk evolved to the idea that this whole Knight's Watch thing is BS. Which I could have told you from Episode One.

I wonder if the Knight's Watch is Martin trying to take a dig at the Catholic Church.

Well the talk evolved to the idea that this whole Knight's Watch thing is BS. Which I could have told you from Episode One.

That and she was trying to keep him rattled (I assume she knew from Mance Rayder that the Night's Watch were celibate before she met Snow, which is why she was using sex to get to him from the get-go), but man did they belabour the point.

Edited by Black Dog