game of thrones

blueblood

This show is now Popcorn Action and Fan Service. 

Run Gendry Run!!!! Alright get the Raven down to Dragonstone and convince Dany to risk all 3 of her dragons to save Jon when she wouldn't help him before. And have it all happen while the Snowicide Squad is chilling (literally and figuratively) in the middle of a lake with the entire Night King Army just waiting them out. They aren't even trying to make it look like they don't actually have teleportation devices in the ASOIAF Universe. 

The makers of this show wanted a Dragon Wight and most of the characters that people care about together in King's Landing next week. Then they worked from there, damned be logic. No matter how crazy they needed to make it to get there it didn't matter. 

I can't believe Arya would be that dumb. If she can tell if people are lying then she'd know that SANSA IS TELLING THE TRUTH!!!!!!! There's going to be a payoff here, there has to be. Sending Brienne away has to be a ploy, that'll payoff next week. 

The memes surrounded champion Javelin thrower the Night King are Amazing. Also Viserion as Kevin Durant changing teams.

Obviously Drogan is Dany's Dragon and Rhaegal will be Jon's (named after his dad). So Viserion was the Red Shirt of Dragons. 

Perhaps Qyburn can make some Dragonglass Balistas by season 8. 

Edited by Boges

They made it seem like Dany and the dragons got from Dragonstone to Eastwatch in about 5 minutes. I assume these ravens also travel at supersonic speeds.  They seem to be faster than FedEx and more reliable than Verizon.

I can't tell which dragon is which, aside from Drogon is the one Dany rides. I assume the one that went down was Visarion, because Visarys was a loser.

Yeah, Arya's being dumb. "Alright, House Stark is back in charge, the North is reunited, and I'mma screw everything up by sowing discord among the Northern lords."   This feels fairly slap-dash... something they just put together to create some tension for characters who aren't involved in the major storylines at this point.

-k

This show is getting more & more predictable.  Predicted Jon Snow would come back to life, didn't figure it would happen in like 1 or 2 episodes.  Predicted the speared dragon would obviously become a white walker after it was downed.

The writing has gone downhill this season, I'm sad.  How many dumb decisions did Snow & friends make during that expedition besides the expedition itself?  Why did that dumb oaf throw the rocks at the white walkers???

This show is indeed becoming fan service.  I don't expect any major character to die before the end the series comes near or during the season finale.  The dragon fights are pretty cool though.  It's still above average writing for sure but it's gone from a show where anything could happen at any time and it was unpredictable to the GoT version of Star Wars A Force Awakens.

14 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

This show is getting more & more predictable.  Predicted Jon Snow would come back to life, didn't figure it would happen in like 1 or 2 episodes.  Predicted the speared dragon would obviously become a white walker after it was downed.

The writing has gone downhill this season, I'm sad.  How many dumb decisions did Snow & friends make during that expedition besides the expedition itself?  Why did that dumb oaf throw the rocks at the white walkers???

This show is indeed becoming fan service.  I don't expect any major character to die before the end the series comes near or during the season finale.  The dragon fights are pretty cool though.  It's still above average writing for sure but it's gone from a show where anything could happen at any time and it was unpredictable to the GoT version of Star Wars A Force Awakens.

Well you have an adaptation of an expansive series of novels, to start, and now you have shows that are essentially fan fiction to those books because there's no source material anymore. 

If George R Martin was going to drag his heels on finishing the story then he shouldn't have sold the rights. I'm sure the Weiss and Benioff didn't sign up for this, that's why they're trying to get to their next project ASAP. 

If George can't put the story together in what 5 years? How do you expect them to finish the story as well as create amazing television in the process.

As stupid as last night's premise was, it's amazing TV. No show on TV has ever done anything close to this. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Did George write these plots?  Was it done by the show writers?  I'd find it hard to believe George at least didn't get them detailed plot outlines of the rest of the season.

AFIK he only gave plot points. The Hodor reveal was from him.

9 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Nah, the white walkers were being patient and waiting for their opponents to starve/freeze to death.

Then why do the Wights attack once the lake was frozen? Do they have some will of their own? 

It's very possible the Knight King knew about the dragons and were waiting for them to show up. 

But this episode was full of continuity BS. In retrospect it was a borderline bad episode by GoT standards. 

Where'd they get those Effin chains? Also they have Scuba Wights? 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

But this episode was full of continuity BS. In retrospect it was a borderline bad episode by GoT standards.

They needed an episode like this. Sort of like how they needed the predictable battle of the bastards last season.

Sometimes things are predictable.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Then why do the Wights attack once the lake was frozen? Do they have some will of their own?

Maybe the night king thought that they were starved / frozen enough, and wanted to move on.

We get a Rheagar sighting! And Aunt-Nephew sexy time. 

Jon Snow - Aegon Targaryeon, Aegon Targaryeon - Jon Snow 

Wanna be a bit more creative with that name Lyanna? 

So all you needed to break the magical wards on the wall is an Ice Dragon. Way to go everyone! 

Pour one out for Littlefinger and all his scheming. Lord Royce couldn't turn his back fast enough on dude. Wonder what Sweet Robin will have to say about that? I suppose confessing to killing his food source/mom will make him good with the fate of Littlefinger. 

Now the Long Knight begins. We probably won't get another GoT season until 2019.  

It looks like Viserion leveled up...

So Jaime is heading North with no army and no Cersei, to keep a promise?   Maybe he's finally done with Cersei. You know those cartoons of a guy with a little angel on one shoulder and a little devil on the other shoulder, both trying to influence him?  For Jaime, Brienne and Cersei are the little angel and devil on his shoulders. Ever since they first met, Brienne has helped him rediscover his conscience and put him in touch with the man he could have been instead of the man he turned out to be.

Littlefinger made Sansa into sort of a protege... like Roose Bolton, he got ended by his own creation. From the things Sansa said during the "trial", it seems evident that Bran has been sharing some of his knowledge with his sisters. Perhaps he is the one who sorted out the rift between Sansa and Arya. Littlefinger should have hightailed it out of Winterfell right after Bran said "chaos is a ladder" during their little chat.

And Samwell and Bran put together the pieces of Jon's past.  Auntie Danaerys.  You've fallen in love with your auntie, Jon.  When Jaime reaches Winterfell, he and Jon can commiserate.

-k